THE BROWNS BOARD

The Senate exists for moments like this.

Vambo

'Growing body of evidence' James Comey lied to Congress

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/growing-evidence-that-james-comey-lied-to...

Mark Meadows said Thursday there's a growing body of evidence to suggest that former FBI Director James Comey lied when he told Congress that the FBI and the Justice Department were not...

IG Report: Comey Lied To Congress About FBI Probe Of Trump ...

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/10/ig-report-shows-comey-lied-to-congress-about-fbi...

IG Report Shows Comey Lied To Congress About FBI Investigation Of Trump Campaign Soon after Monday’s release of the 476-page inspector general’s report on the Carter Page FISA applications and...

BREAKING: Fired FBI Director Comey Lied to Congress - Hid ...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-fired-fbi-director-comey-lied-to...

Former FBI Director James Comey lied to Congress. While under oath fired FBI Director Comey blamed the decision on an underling for not telling Congress for 9 months about an investigation into candidate Trump before the 2016 election.

Feedback

4 Different Lies James Clapper Told About Lying To Congress

https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/06/four-different-lies-james-clapper-told-about...

He Lied Because He ‘Simply Didn’t Understand’ The Question. In an apology letter to Sen. Dianne …

He Lied In the ‘Least Untruthful Manner’ Clapper told MSNBC not that he didn’t understand the …

He Lied to Congress About Leaking Details On the Steele Dossier. A report from the House …

He Lied about His Communication with CNN. In an attempt to run interference for Clapper’s lies to …

James Clapper's perjury, and why DC made men don't get ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/01/19/james-clappers-perjury-dc-made-men...

Jan 19, 2018 · For Clapper, the attempt to justify his immunity from prosecution has tied officials into knots. After Clapper lied before Congress and there was a public outcry, Clapper gave his “least ...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What is the worst case scenario for Trump if Bolton testifies Trump told him he wanted the aid to Ukraine held unless Ukraine investigated the Bidens? Trump would be guilty of a thought crime because the facts are the aid was eventually given to Ukraine with no promise to investigate the Bidens. The president of Ukraine also said he felt no pressure to do anything to get the aid. Anyway you slice this it should have never resulted in an impeachment. At most here all you have is a "thought crime". Do we really want to impeach presidents over "thought crimes?"

Townhall: Bolton Should Testify

"By insisting on a defense of total denials, Trump has backed himself into a corner.  When you shout "no quid pro quo!" at the top of your lungs for months (even as the opposite conclusion has been a baked-in assumption among the impeachment crowd all along), it looks quite incriminating if the talking point is forced to morph into "this quid pro quo was not illegal!" based on new evidence.  This is why I've always blanched at the "perfect call/nothing wrong" claims.  Most people, including many impeachment opponents, simply don't buy it -- and the lies and spin end up becoming aggravating factors as people assess the administration's credibility on all matters, not just this one.  That damage is self-inflicted."

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

"By insisting on a defense of total denials, Trump has backed himself into a corner.  When you shout "no quid pro quo!" at the top of your lungs for months (even as the opposite conclusion has been a baked-in assumption among the impeachment crowd all along), it looks quite incriminating if the talking point is forced to morph into "this quid pro quo was not illegal!" based on new evidence.  This is why I've always blanched at the "perfect call/nothing wrong" claims.  Most people, including many impeachment opponents, simply don't buy it -- and the lies and spin end up becoming aggravating factors as people assess the administration's credibility on all matters, not just this one.  That damage is self-inflicted."

I would agree a better strategy would have been for Trump to say the Biden's absolutely deserved to be investigated for corruption and he put a pause on the aid to see if the rampant corruption in Ukraine was being addressed (and that included the Bidens). The bottom line though is he did release the aid without any quid pro quo and the whole political  impeachment is a sham. 

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, “begged” me for a non Senate approved job, which I gave him despite many saying “Don’t do it, sir,” takes the job, mistakenly says “Libyan Model” on T.V., and many more mistakes of judgement, gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book. All Classified National Security. Who would do this?

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:
17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, “begged” me for a non Senate approved job, which I gave him despite many saying “Don’t do it, sir,” takes the job, mistakenly says “Libyan Model” on T.V., and many more mistakes of judgement, gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book. All Classified National Security. Who would do this?

Bolton was another bad hire by Trump. If I find fault with anything about Trump it would be some of his poor choices in whom he has hired. Of course then you will hear "but he said he only hires the best"...blah, blah....you can only try to the hire "the best".

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Bolton was another bad hire by Trump. If I find fault with anything about Trump it would be some of his poor choices in whom he has hired. Of course then you will hear "but he said he only hires the best"...blah, blah....you can only try to the hire "the best".

I agree.  How many have left only to write some tell all book about Trump and get hired by CNN?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I agree.  How many have left only to write some tell all book about Trump and get hired by CNN?

Some have at least the decency to wait until a president is out of office before writing their tell all book but Bolton rushes his out just in time for impeachment. It is disgraceful. Bolton gets his feelings hurt for being fired and now he is cashing in on his revenge. I used to like Bolton but the more I have seen and read about him the less I like him. Even Bush said he regretted hiring him. John Bolton is only out for John Bolton. Trump should have listened to those who told him not to have Bolton in his administration.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

that is total bs. There is nothing wrong with what Trump said, per reports from the paper on what his book said.It's a nothingburger. You can harp on it forever. But the truth is, though Pres Trump may have said what he said in confidence (bolton is a gigantic ego for no good reason sombeitch)...that is not quid pro quo. Because the quid pro quo never happened.

I'll say it again: If I tell someone I feel like robbing a bank to pay off my pickup truck, but I never actually DO it...it isn't a crime. The DEFINITION of "quid pro quo" defies all the emotional baseless glee by the left. There was never ANY mention of it to the Ukraine, there was never any investigation and the lethal military aid to the Ukraine was still released just fine.

quid pro quo

[ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō]

NOUN

a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something.

"the pardon was a quid pro quo for their help in releasing hostages"

synonyms:

exchange · trade · trade-off · swap · switch · barter · substitute · substitution · reciprocity · reciprocation · return · payment · remuneration · amends · compensation · indemnity · recompense · restitution · reparation · satisfaction · requital