THE BROWNS BOARD

J.P. Blowsman Leaves NFL

Zombo

UFL news: J.P. Losman will be the face of football in Las Vegas

By MJD

It's just J.P. Losman-- he of the 62.3 quarterback rating last year, a statistic in which he's actually managed to get worse with every year he's been in the league -- but I'm choosing to see this as a significant moment. Losman has put pen to paper and officially become a member of the Las Vegas franchise on a one-year contract.

Unless Michael Vick signs, Losman is probably the UFL's marquee player. That may sound sort of like being named the coolest guy camping out in line for Star Wars tickets, but everybody's got to find a home somewhere. At the end of the day, J.P. Losman is still getting paid to play professional football, and that's still pretty sweet.

Jim Fassel, the coach in Vegas, seems pretty psyched about the move.

"Listen, if he'd have went back to the NFL and sat on the bench this year, then he'd have been no better off next year. Whatever anybody thought about him, they'd still say the same thing. Nothing would've changed. ... Instead, you go in this league and you play. The risk you take is you don't play well. But if you're an aggressive person, you say 'I'm going to play well, people are going to see me, and maybe I can erase some of those negatives that were in the past, and a lot of people will say, wow, look at him play now. He's a new guy.'"

I think, for a lot of guys, that's the right attitude to have. The UFL's inaugural season will last six games and conclude on Thanksgiving weekend. Say Losman plays well over those six games, and an NFL team is looking for someone to fill in for an injured or ineffective quarterback. All the sudden, Losman looks pretty good, or at least less rusty than someone who's been doing nothing since last season.

And if Losman doesn't play well, then he probably ends up sitting at home, unemployed, which would leave him exactly where he was when he started. So why not take a chance, get coached up by Jim Fassel, and learn by playing, rather than sitting?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,177959

All I know is that Abram Elam will miss him:

http://www.truveo.com/Week-15-Jets-vs-Bill...e/id/1161827286

Anybody want to give an over/under of when DA is catapulted out of the NFL and onto one of these Mickey Mouse teams?

how about odds on whether BQ lands there first?

You know, both Losman and Quinnie were drafted with pick #22

coincidence?

how about odds on whether BQ lands there first?

You know, both Losman and Quinnie were drafted with pick #22

coincidence?

So was Rex Grossman. You might finally be onto something.

This is your best argument against Quinn yet, as it has statistics to back it up.

Guest TheJokersWILD
So was Rex Grossman. You might finally be onto something.

This is your best argument against Quinn yet, as it has statistics to back it up.

Wrecks GrossMan and J.P. LOSSman :lol: Two great NFL Quarterbacks

Guest TheJokersWILD

When you draft a QB I seriously think you should look at his NAME. Seriously look at some of the bad QB and thier names

COUCH Potato

Wrecks GrossMan

JP LossMan

Marijuana LEAF

AKILI'S Heel

and a man with the initials to form the words Drive Assassin

are doomed to FAIL!

All the successful QBs all had MANLY names, hell Peyton Manning has the word "MAN" right in his name :lol:

Peyton Manning

Eli Manning

Dan Marino

Joe Montana

Dan Fouts

Steve Young

Randall CUNNINGham

With a couple of exceptions Jim Kelly and Tom Brady

Guest TheJokersWILD

Some of you may think Charlie Frye is a manly name but who the hell would be intimidated by this----------------->mcdonalds-fries.jpg

If anything it makes me hungry :)

Guest TheJokersWILD

So far we had a quarterback who is a menu item for Wendy's (Couch Potato)and one who is a menu item for McDonalds(Charlie's Frys) and one who should be working for McDonalds!(DA)------>ronald_mcdonald_jumping.jpg Now you can see why I am hoping BQ can put a stop to this. Dammit now I'm hungry :angry:

Please kill the bet talk. Lums would be stupid to take the bet and he isn't going to. He already knows Queen will start barring injury and the last thing he wants is to not be able to banty rooster when he has a so so game.

It keeps Lums alive.

how about you name mean more than 5 qbs that were drafted in the 6th round that are still playing i like quinns chances better

Kurt Warner

Tony Romo

Tom Brady

Matt Hassellbeck

Matt Cassell

Marc Bulger

Jeff Garcia ?

DA ?

That really wasn't that difficult. Even though I agree with you about our QB situation, that was an especially weak argument for your position.

Please kill the bet talk. Lums would be stupid to take the bet and he isn't going to. He already knows Queen will start barring injury and the last thing he wants is to not be able to banty rooster when he has a so so game.

It keeps Lums alive.

So we agree there is no 'open competition' and there were no offers for DA.

The season can't start or end soon enough!!!!

Archived