THE BROWNS BOARD

Now Greyhound won't let ICE find illegals on buses

calfoxwc

New details in police chase of Greyhound bus with 40 ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-details-in-police-chase-of-greyhound-bus

Jan 13, 2018 · New details in police chase of Greyhound bus with 40 people on board. January 13, ... The suspect is an illegal immigrant who had been deported to Mexico in 2012, the sheriff said.

Get search warrants fast and furiously - and go after Greyhound buses as illegal sanctuary vehicles involved in crime.

Looks Like The Migrant Crisis Is Keeping Greyhound Buses ...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/05/27/looks-the-migrant-crisis-is...

May 27, 2019 · The New York Times reports that due to the surge of migrant families and illegal aliens at the southern border, bus companies like Greyhound buses are experiencing an increase in …

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

“an internal memo from U.S. Customs and Border Protection dated Jan. 28 notified agents that boarding buses and questioning passengers without the consent of the company is a violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution.”

...from pressure in several states from the ACLU, and democrat prosecutors etc etc etc.

They claim it a violation of consumer law. But, regardless of their agreeing - it hasn't been uphead by

the Supreme Court.

to whit:

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Fourth+Amendment

Fourth Amendment

Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.

Fourth Amendment

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Now, public available transportation is NOT LISTED. Especially in the commission of a crime - being here illegally and traveling while illegally here. The pattern has been well established that illegal immigration is happening on a regular basis. It's a leftwing political claim that inevitably will not hold water with the courts.

Two points - illegals are NOT American citizens. they are criminals being here, they have no Constitution rights when it comes to immigration law. 

and, I don't know how they apply consumer law, but that is also a reach.

I doubt, taken to the U.S. Supreme Court, that it would decide that illegals are not allowed to be arrested if they ran onto a bus, or are riding public transportation.

We'll see.

If the illegals are traveling IN THEIR OWN CAR - their car is the same as their home. you need a warrant to search it.

OTH, the warrants should fly fast and furiously, given that illegals have no ownership of vehicles, and can only, and DO take public transportion.

So, "probable cause" is established, I think.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

“Persons” “papers and effects” don’t cease to exist when you enter a bus. So I take it you want the Border Patrol to stop anyone they wish and search them without probable cause?

no. they cannot board a bus and search the traveler's persons, papers, and luggage without a warrant.

but asking for ID, which is required when an officer asks, is fine by me, given the establishment of greyhound buses assisting illegals as a policy. In effect, they are with crime - as sanctuary cities are.

No thanks to having anyone in authority having the leeway to search yourself or your belongings without probable cause. You don’t know someone is illegal until they fail to present paperwork. To that end, they would have to check everyone to make sure. That is a wide open door to all sorts of civil rights violations.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no. they cannot board a bus and search the traveler's persons, papers, and luggage without a warrant.

but asking for ID, which is required when an officer asks, is fine by me, given the establishment of greyhound buses assisting illegals as a policy. In effect, they are with crime - as sanctuary cities are.

Even in states where Stop and Identify is law, there has to be a reasonable belief that a crime has been committed then you must show ID or be detained. If I was a brown skinned person I would go straight to Greyhound and wait for that pay day when I get stopped for being a US citizen just hanging out. Which I am sure that is what Greyhound is concerned with. 

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Even in states where Stop and Identify is law, a reasonable belief that a crime has been committed then you must show ID or be detained. If I was a brown skinned person I would go straight to Greyhound and wait for that pay day when I get stopped for being a US citizen just hanging out. Which I am sure that is what Greyhound is concerned with. 

But it is the DEMOCRATS that want to destroy the Constitution, comrade!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No thanks to having anyone in authority having the leeway to search yourself or your belongings without probable cause. You don’t know someone is illegal until they fail to present paperwork. To that end, they would have to check everyone to make sure. That is a wide open door to all sorts of civil rights violations.

however, under "probable cause" it's easy to establish a pattern of criminal behavior., asking for ID is obviously valid.

now, it is required to show ID to fly. Greyhound buses are also public transportation. In  a traffic accident, you are required to show ID and insurance papers. Illegal immigrants have no protection to remain illegal. That is just my opinion - I'm no legal beagle. But traveling -in your own car- is the same as being in your home. Actually, camping out in a tent - same thing. 4th Amendment applies.

I would say, the passenger has no obligation to answer, and no obligation to submit to a search without a warrant - but that is suspicious behavior when trying to simply enforce immigration laws.

Just now, MLD Woody said:

But it is the DEMOCRATS that want to destroy the Constitution, comrade!

woodpecker strikes out again. stupid retorts instead of anything legitmate to add to any discussion. But he did avoid the "f" word after Steve called him out on it.

12 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

when I was stationed in San Diego I used to travel quite frequently to LA.  On  the way there on interstate 5 was a permanent checkpoint by the border patrol lookig for illegals.  

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Back in the 1800s, they didn’t care about the 4th Amendment. 

Oh lookee here, it still is there;https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders/border-patrol-sectors/san-diego-sector-california/san-clemente-station

• Thanks 1

the crux of the matter is...

if you knowingly transport a criminal to escape capture, etc, you are aiding and abetting. The pattern was established that illegals were using the Greyhound buses to avoid capture and deported - by getting out of the border towns to towns where nobody ? looks for illegals.

So, if Greyhound keeps making $$$$$$$ (paid for, by whom? btw) by knowingly selling tickets to illegals, they are guilty of said aiding and abetting.

It is no huge matter, I suppose, to get a warrant to ask for ID before getting on the buses, but they should not sell the tickets in the first place. or, be fined hugely and lose those profits and a lot more.

this illegal alien garbage must be stopped NOW.