THE BROWNS BOARD

Fox Sports Preseason Power poll

Sez.EJ

They rank us 30th and going 4-12.. this is the blurb regarding us going into camp..

SUMMER STRENGTH: The team's biggest strength may simply be that 2008 is behind them. New coach Eric Mangini and the front office have added depth to several positions this offseason, but the QB battle of Brady Quinn vs. Derek Anderson will dominate most camptown conversations.

CAMP CONCERN: Take your pick among the QB controversy, an aging starting RB, a star WR with a case of the dropsies, no real tight end, an uncertain O-line and a shabby defense. Other than that, things should be great!

COOL STAT: The Browns scored just 31 points during their season-ending six-game losing streak in '08 (average of 5.2 ppg, if you're counting).

Team: Home | Stats | Fantasy | Schedule | Apps

Here is the entire article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

Well I guess this is what we look like from the outside world. I cannot get mad or upset about this, as it is fair based upon what we have done the past few years. Especially the implosion last year when we were given a ton of prime time games with high expectations. There really is not one comment made there that is totally out of line.

I think the biggest area of disagreement would be regarding the offensive line... I agree the line was in dissaray last year. We have brought people in via draft and free agency....but until they get on the field and prove they can be effective this is what is deserved.

I think it's hard to say we have 'NO' tight end. They guy must not be familiar with heiden and royal whatsoever.

I believe we can outperform this predicition. It's ok that there are low expectations outside of the Browns world. I am not saying we are world beaters but I believe 6-7 wins is more likely if some things come together for us. I think we will be better coached than in years past and that alone should account for a couple of wins.

I did not realize we ended the season (last 6 games) at 5.2 points per game..that sucks..no wonder they are down on us.. I think I'm depressed now too hahaha.

while stating the team only scored 31 points during the last 6 games is basically accurate, it's certainly not fair and doesn't nearly tell half the story.

that never would've happened had Quinn or DA been healthy and playing. it is more an indication that the Browns back-ups were horrendous than anything else, and since they are both gone and BQ/DA are healthy that stat is completely irrelevant to 2009.

no TE? get a clue FOX.

yet another garbage article...no offense to the messenger (Sez).

They rank us 30th and going 4-12.. this is the blurb regarding us going into camp..

SUMMER STRENGTH: The team's biggest strength may simply be that 2008 is behind them. New coach Eric Mangini and the front office have added depth to several positions this offseason, but the QB battle of Brady Quinn vs. Derek Anderson will dominate most camptown conversations.

CAMP CONCERN: Take your pick among the QB controversy, an aging starting RB, a star WR with a case of the dropsies, no real tight end, an uncertain O-line and a shabby defense. Other than that, things should be great!

COOL STAT: The Browns scored just 31 points during their season-ending six-game losing streak in '08 (average of 5.2 ppg, if you're counting).

Team: Home | Stats | Fantasy | Schedule | Apps

Here is the entire article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

Well I guess this is what we look like from the outside world. I cannot get mad or upset about this, as it is fair based upon what we have done the past few years. Especially the implosion last year when we were given a ton of prime time games with high expectations. There really is not one comment made there that is totally out of line.

I think the biggest area of disagreement would be regarding the offensive line... I agree the line was in dissaray last year. We have brought people in via draft and free agency....but until they get on the field and prove they can be effective this is what is deserved.

I think it's hard to say we have 'NO' tight end. They guy must not be familiar with heiden and royal whatsoever.

I believe we can outperform this predicition. It's ok that there are low expectations outside of the Browns world. I am not saying we are world beaters but I believe 6-7 wins is more likely if some things come together for us. I think we will be better coached than in years past and that alone should account for a couple of wins.

I did not realize we ended the season (last 6 games) at 5.2 points per game..that sucks..no wonder they are down on us.. I think I'm depressed now too hahaha.

As much as I disagree, that seems to be the national consense. We certainly suffered from a bad case of Indian Fever those last 6 games.

I see this simply as a golden opportunity for the Browns to far exceed expectations. After all, look at what everyone predicted that the Falcons would do last year....what? Maybe win 2-3 games? And didn't they make the playoffs with a new head coach in charge?

I see this simply as a golden opportunity for the Browns to far exceed expectations. After all, look at what everyone predicted that the Falcons would do last year....what? Maybe win 2-3 games? And didn't they make the playoffs with a new head coach in charge?

i'm interested in seeing how they do this year. dolphins too.

btw, you look good in green. :) (too bad it's Thursday)

Anybody that uses the last six games as a gauge of last year's team knows shit about the Browns. People forget how close they were to completely turning the season around. DA's interception to Suggs and Braylon's epic drop on a beautifully thrown ball from DA killed that game. Then the Denver meltdown happened in a game we should have won going away. This is all after DA playing one of his worst games (and that says a lot) this side of the Pro Bowl against Washington in a totally winnable game on the road against a pretty tough opponent.

The injuries mounted and we had Doug Pedersen.Spergeon Wynn/Ken Dorsey starting and a team and staff that quit. It's completely stupid to judge this team based on last year's collapse.

But hey, let them all think it.

The more the Retards say the more i like it...many of these same imbeciles predicted the browns had the talent to go far last year just like many of us what many of us seemed to miss was the fact this club had no discipline,no coaching,no real plan and no ability to learn from mistakes or effectively do what had to be done the savage regime and rac in particular depended on a few favored players to carry the whole team....all i can say is...behold the power of effective coaching and a real gameplan with the added depth as the team begins to absorb the koolaid and gel as a unit instead of depending solely on a few players the cleveland browns are going to make some of these so called expert analysis guys look pretty stupid....;)

Yes!!!!

Keep the doom and gloom predictions coming folks. I love it...

Agree!

I'd love to come up and bite them in the ass.

Last year after our 10-6 '07, they overrated us. The little voice in my head kept saying "DA stumbled down the stretch, the schedule was weak, and Romeo still doesn't seem like he's gets it".

Now the voice is saying "keep talking national media, we're better than you think".

So, keep up the Browns bashing and put a chip on our shoulder. I'll take it.

As of right now we still look like the ass clowns people think we are. The fans know we got a shit ton better, but that doesnt matter to the media who is looking to dog someone and have a story midseason talking about how the browns are this years Cinderella team. The media has to rank the teams just so we can bitch about it. Just like they come out with college rankings before anyone plays a game. We will be better this year and we will go 3-3 in our division. Overall record who knows, but damn it i just payed 300 for NFL Sunday ticket, so i can watch my team win or lose.

Tony Dungy pointed out that we only have 3 regular starters gone from the team that went 10-7. Winslow..Joe J and Schaeffer... Joe J was an average player for us..same as shaeffer..we can overcome the loss of winslow with the guys we have.. There is a glimmer of hope, but I am not expecting more than 6-7 wins.. We will see if they can exceed expections or not..

Archived