THE BROWNS BOARD

Conklin signs with Cleveland

TypicalBrowns50

The Browns at least now have options. They can go a number of different ways when it comes to trading or drafting. I think the browns have their eyes on 2 specific players in this draft that they think they can get at 10 if everything falls in their favor: One of the LT prospects (I don't know who) or Isaiah Simmons. I think if the draft goes a certain direction all options could be on the table. If the chargers get Brady, they aren't taking a qb. The cardinals probably aren't taking a WR in the top 10 anymore and the Colts are no longer a threat to trade up for a qb. This could mean the Brown could be in a position to trade down with a team like TB, NE, JAX or MIA. Options is the name of the game and they have those now. They could also trade with WASH for Williams and try to draft and develop a guy later in the draft. 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

In more ways than one:

5538b865684c5.image.jpg?crop=449,449,0,8

The Great White Whale..    

BUT....everything I see of him says he is pretty much a Right Tackle...not Left.

With the Browns luck they will sign Capt. Ahab to coach him up.🙄

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Conklin played LT at MSU. Of his 39 starts 35 were at LT... 4 at RT.

When he arrived at Titans' Camp Lewan was already a fixture at LT.

So I think we can put any concerns of him being able to flip to rest.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I see no point.  Why trade and take on further money when you can draft a promising rookie on the cheap with an eye towards long term?

Agree... I don't see huge commitments at both OT slots simultaneously.... especially when you have to trade assets for that privilege.

Bulaga? At an estimated $8.8mm/yr. price tag per OTC, he's more affordable, but just not feeling that move.

The pressure of spending our 1st on an OT is gone. We still might, if "our top guy" is still there, but we no longer need to do so. We can go another way as others have pointed out.

I'm still not crazy about Simmons, but KinIaw is a name I'd consider there. And a trade down is far more possible now bringing an ILB into play like OU's Murray... who I am warming to late.

OT? Matt Peart somewhere in the late-2nd/early-3rd area works for me at RT.

Conklin's signing is a game changer...

Short lil article from our new RT(?)...

Jack Conklin felt the excitement from the Browns as a free agent

Cool part includes Joe T.

Not so cool part is that it's at least the 3rd article of late referring to Jack as "our new RT." Which means I could be wrugh... (oh boy)... wrogh (ack)... wrongh...

Tell ya what... I'll get back to yall come camp... ;)

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Short lil article from our new RT(?)...

Jack Conklin felt the excitement from the Browns as a free agent

Cool part includes Joe T.

Not so cool part is that it's at least the 3rd article of late referring to Jack as "our new RT." Which means I could be wrugh... (oh boy)... wrogh (ack)... wrongh...

Tell ya what... I'll get back to yall come camp... ;)

I still think the Browns take an OT with the #10 spot, or wherever they trade down to. 

• Upvote 1