THE BROWNS BOARD

What In The Fuck Was This Question?

MLD Woody

“Mr. President, do you consider the term ‘Chinese food’ to be racist because it is food that originated from China?” Rion leadingly asked.

“I don’t think that’s racist at all,” Trump gleefully responded.

“On that note, major left-wing media, even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese communist party narratives, and they are claiming you are racist for making these claims about ‘Chinese virus,’” Rion continued, before serving up a truly bonkers question: “Is it alarming that major media players, just to oppose you, are siding with foreign state propaganda, Islamic radicals, and Latin gangs and cartels and they work right here out of the White House with direct access to you and your team?”

“It amazes me when I read the things that I read,” Trump replied with a grin, before going on a tirade about all the media outlets he feels have been critical of him.

“I don’t think anybody has done as much as I have done in three years,” he noted at one point. “This administration has done a great job. But the press is very dishonest.”

Rion, meanwhile, interjected to exclaim that “they are siding with state propaganda,” prompting Trump to agree that “they are siding with China.”

Look, I get it. Some people want to hate the president. Some (here) want to love him unconditionally. 

But "Is the term Chinese Food racist?" is the dumbest fucking thing....  come on. Can we all please just agree on that?

I get what this very right wing news outlet was trying to do but christ... come on. 

No I'm not offended. I'm not Chinese. 

But are we so divided as a country that we can't agree one that being some ridiculous planted question bullshit? I mean it was the last question of the day, a softball, from a reporter he knows (or at least has pics with) and it ended with an opportunity to rant against the media.

At an emergency update meeting from a pandemic response team on the current national emergency..

is this just the new normal?

more like, what goes around, comes around. The negative belligerent smart ass attempts at "gotcha" has gotten

so much attention - it was bound to cause a reaction in the more honest press.

Pres Trump rarely ever gets "softball" questions. That's a fact.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No I'm not offended. I'm not Chinese. 

But are we so divided as a country that we can't agree one that being some ridiculous planted question bullshit?

I guess so. Were you upset in the least bit about a similar question from a CNN reporter? I think it was CNN. Anyway somebody just wanted to get the Trump / racist bullship end of the questioning.

I mean it was the last question of the day, a softball, from a reporter he knows (or at least has pics with) and it ended with an opportunity to rant against the media.

At an emergency update meeting from a pandemic response team on the current national emergency..

is this just the new normal?

What question are you referring to Steve?

And Cal's non response made me realize another aspect to this strategy. Not only does it deflect attention from a more serious issue but it allows Trump to claim he's the victim. So then his base, the group that loves saying everyone else uses the victim card, gets to then use the same card. 

On 3/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, MLD Woody said:

“On that note, major left-wing media, even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese communist party narratives, and they are claiming you are racist for making these claims about ‘Chinese virus,’” Rion continued

You went for the bright shiny object and missed the main event...

Miss Rion did a recent "report" in front of the lawn where she parroted a.... wait for it... Chinese narrative that Covid-19 originated in a North Carolina Lab.

I shit you not...

Listen to it all if you can or skip to the 2:58 mark for the money shot.

https://www.mediamatters.org/media/3858921/embed/embed