THE BROWNS BOARD

Rand Paul's got "it"...

Tour2ma

Was, and is, asymptonamtic yet was tested and tested positive.

So what have we learned...

1. Don't need symptoms for the test to detect the virus.

2. If you are someone or know someone you don't need to be symptomatic to get tested.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Was, and is, asymptonamtic yet was tested and tested positive.

So what have we learned...

1. Don't need symptoms for the test to detect the virus.

that's true. Also 80% of people won't have symptoms right?

2. If you are someone or know someone you don't need to be symptomatic to get tested.

I suppose that's true. And because of the fact that most people have no symptoms the more people that get tested the more cases they will find. Not to mention the people that were sick in the fall and winter that could well have had it and have now recovered. By the way Rand Paul is 57 years old. For what that's worth.

WSS

51 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I see no reason to get tested unless your sick.  You could get tested and be negative, and get it 10 minutes later when you go to the grocery store.

Oh when the time comes that we have enough test kits and it's not a complete klusterfuk I suppose it wouldn't hurt just because of the lack of symptoms. And you would know at least you would be able, if you weren't an asshole, to keep yourself away from others. I Read a thing today saying that people with rh negative blood might have natural immunity to it. I'm O Negative which would be cool because I'd be like the Kevin Costner character in The Postman.

WSS

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh when the time comes that we have enough test kits and it's not a complete klusterfuk I suppose it wouldn't hurt just because of the lack of symptoms. And you would know at least you would be able, if you weren't an asshole, to keep yourself away from others. I Read a thing today saying that people with rh negative blood might have natural immunity to it. I'm O Negative which would be cool because I'd be like the Kevin Costner character in The Postman.

WSS

I think O negative is also the universal blood type which anyone can get if there own type is out.  So you would be in great demand.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I see no reason to get tested unless your sick.  You could get tested and be negative, and get it 10 minutes later when you go to the grocery store.

Or conversely... have the virus, be asymptomatic, go to the grocery store and give it to a dozen folks.

Since at this point there are no Covid-19 therapeutics why is it so essential that we confirm that that virus is the cause of the illness? Not hearing that it changes the treatment at all.

In the end... I believe mass testing of the asymptomatic will be necessary to complete the isolation of infected prior to returning to work and the other trappings of normalcy. If we don't then we are asking for a 2nd wave.

As for the order of testing... yes, priorities... even our Politicians especially given the high percentage of at risk, but also first responders, hospital staffs and others closest to the fight. Then can prioritize industries...

47 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think O negative is also the universal blood type which anyone can get if there own type is out.  So you would be in great demand.

Yup... but even better to be AB+.... the universal recipient.

What I did not realize was how many other blood types are compatible...

Sucks that... and seems more than a little illogical that O- folks can only receive blood from their own kind.

image.png.402fb8765cb41739d2b3816918b4a809.png