THE BROWNS BOARD

Silly responses to the epidemic

Besides the obvious ones here's one that's been getting a lot of notice on Facebook from the Liberals.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/03/oh-hell-no-doj-using-coronavirus-crisis-to-push-for-expansive-emergency-powers/#.XneTU1b71iM.facebook

Usually accompanied by a breathless headline exclaiming that the Republicans are going to try to take away our constitutional rights. A week or so ago I went on record as saying I thought the reaction to this has been extreme, hysterical head over reaction. That made a lot of people angry probably might still. Many of them said he even though they hate Mike dewine they thought he was doing the exact correct thing and should go even farther. Now that bar is suggesting that we shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for ourselves they're freaking out. There are probably some other chilly reactions I'll post those in this thread.

Here's another while I'm thinking of it. A local grocer has plastic barriers between the cashiers in the customers. Okay. And the cashiers are wearing rubber gloves. Okay. Doesn't seem to anybody that once the rubber glove has touched something infected it will transfer that to the next item? And the next item is probably somebody's cash that's been touched by hundreds of people in the last week or so?

One more. I saw on YouTube how to make a mask from a paper towel. Folded like an accordion Staples rubber bands on the beach and put those around your ears. I would imagine that those are about 0 up to .001 percent effective.

One local gas station advertises that they sterilize the pumps every 30 minutes. Okay?

More? We've discussed this oh, the hundreds of thousands of kids on spring break sharing saliva semen Etc are all getting off the plane in Ohio New York Illinois Wisconsin Michigan Etc and introduced immediately back into society.

And many restaurants including the one we took out from this morning because they are friends include a brass door handle you must grab to get inside and out. No idea how many people use a shirtsleeve but...

And an older gentleman was entering the building at the same time I was and he had brought his own to go container oh, obviously not trusting whatever they had in the restaurant. The owner told them they weren't allowed to put food in containers that people brought in off the

Anybody have any others?

WSS

Here we are supposedly social distancing so the retired hoarders from Sun City wait in long lines in the grocery stores with their carts back to back to back. Kind of defeats the purpose of hoarding for when the virus hits now that we know it is likely here already and just untested. And only one masked person in those lines because no one can get masks to wear. Some business could make a ton of money by going into the N 95 business. I think a reason they were able to start getting it under control in some countries is that everyone had access to masks. But not the greatest country in the world.