THE BROWNS BOARD

Democrats Decide Getting the Orange Man Is More Important than Saving Lives

OldBrownsFan

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The best thing the Republicans did is get their bill out first. Both sides we're going to present something partisan that the other would shoot down. But now Republicans get to set the narrative that it's the Democrats that are hurting America by not voting for this bill. 

If anyone really thinks the Democrats are only focused on politics but the Republicans are only focused on helping America then you need to open your eyes and get your head out of your party's ass. 

From what I know about the bill the republicans can at least argue that what they are wanting relates to the coronavirus which is the whole reason for the bill. The add ons the democrats are wanting have nothing to do with the purpose of the bill. They are Christmas wish items they couldn't get passed on their own so they add them to this emergency bill. I hope the republicans do not cave to their blackmail.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

From what I know about the bill the republicans can at least argue that what they are wanting relates to the coronavirus which is the whole reason for the bill. The add ons the democrats are wanting have nothing to do with the purpose of the bill. They are Christmas wish items they couldn't get passed on their own so they add them to this emergency bill. I hope the republicans do not cave to their blackmail.

But OBF, Democrats don't believe in Christmas

14 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I have some concerns about this stimulus. I would have less concerns if we were running a 23 trillion dollar surplus instead of a 23 trillion dollar debt. This is all borrowed money on the credit card (that is already maxed out),  This is more debt burden being left for our younger generation to inherit. I am very concerned about our debt problem and our inability to bring it down. 

The democrats piling on doesn't make it any better,

Don't worry OBF, we'll just kick off a hyper inflationary spiral. We're going to pay all that debt off with money that's worth 1\2 cent on the dollar- if we're lucky. Do I hear 1\10th, 1\100th?  Like the kid in the Wiemar republic taking a wheelbarrow full of money to the store, to buy a loaf of bread.  :(  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What? You're not volunteering for trumpy's new Soylent Green premature economic recovery program for old farts? OBF has risen to the challenge!!  👴☠️👻😇☁️

Now me I put on an N-95 mask, gloves and a Clorox wipe in "hand", got the large shopping cart and picked up difficult things to find here like milk & bread for the grandkids, Kleenex for the 4 allergenic people in 2 households, two 5 lb bags of red potatoes, one 24 pack TP for my daughter & her family and various other normal things. Came home and "detoxed" through the "clean room" in the laundry just inside from the garage where I wiped all containers with Clorox wipes, placed the mask in plastic bag and put it, the gloves and the windbreaker in the sun, striped off the clothes into the washer, washed the hands with Dial and went to the shower for everything else.  🚿

Then I taught my daughter how it was in the 40's & 50's by leaving milk & bread (TP was a bonus) on her doorstep and ringing the doorbell. She wouldn't give me a tip because there was no cream at the top of the milk like there always was in the ole timey days. I knew I should have raised her ignorant of history dammit.😱

We cannot order pickup anymore, even through the senior special on-line pick up that was instituted. It goes out two weeks and stops. All slots are full.👎

Stay safe all you old farts or you will become a stat in the SS expense reduction program that will result from reopening everything next week. Ask the world how many are 55 and older in the permanent casualty stats. Latest I saw was 99%. What a smart guy that trumpy is! Maybe I have time enough to get my absentee vote in for him before I sing his praises with the other elderly voices.🐸🐸🐸🐸

I'm giving you a virtual sprinkling with Holy Water (hand sanitizer) Ag.  Be as careful as you wish.  

Remember the new mantra- a Tonic a Day keeps Corona away....   Those folks on the high side of 80 may as well get their affairs in order, as they're 49 times more likely to die than those under 40.  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Remember the new mantra- a Tonic a Day keeps Corona away....  

I'm trying to get the Trumpettes to do it like the olden days when the plague was running amok..................................self flagellation. But then I realized they been doin' that for over 3 years now, but that corona(crown)virus has been around a long time now.🤴 No cure yet. We're just Biden our time.🤠

• Haha 1

Dems stimulus package page 134 a raise for Congress ~$25,000,000 and $300,000,000 for foreign refugees abroad, plus an automatic visa extension for all foreign workers. Amnesty for 700,000 to 800,000 DACA recipients automatic citizenship...

Love the focus on a House bill when the final Bill came out of the Senate... and Pelosi has whipped her caucus into what is expected to be unanimous support for it.

When you get around to discussing the Senate Bill and how it started out stuffed with Corporate largess with little oversight, but slowly was hammered into a worker/ Main Street by Schumer and the Dems... let me know.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Love the focus on a House bill when the final Bill came out of the Senate... and Pelosi has whipped her caucus into what is expected to be unanimous support for it.

When you get around to discussing the Senate Bill and how it started out stuffed with Corporate largess with little oversight, but slowly was hammered into a worker/ Main Street by Schumer and the Dems... let me know.

I'm not sure how $25,000,000 for the Kennedy center and $350,000,000 for migrants and $25,000,000 raise for congress helps workers and main street?

BTW Schumer had agreed to the package until Nancy showed up and spanked him and put him in his place behind her.  image.png.2d389804554568d512ca54107083e9d4.png

But did she wear her leathers for Chuck? Or are those reserved for Trump?

Schummer never saw Mitch's K-Street draft until Saturday... so pretty sure Chuck hadn't agreed to jack shit...

As for the expenditures you list... what pages are those on? https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6819239-FINAL-FINAL-CARES-ACT

Kennedy Center - As best I can understand it, they are a gov't mandated, pseudo business. As such they may not be eligible for the employee support businesses are getting. Not really finding straightforward info on its use, but did find this. Add that I have watched more than a few Kennedy Center performances on PBS...

Congressional pay - to paraphrase my cousin, Vinnie? "Are you sure about that 25 million? Are you SURE ABOUT that 25 MILLION?"

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claim-of-congressional-pay-raises-in-stimulus-bill/

Thanks for including one softball...

Migrant/Asylum Seekers - First... just to be clear can we agree that there are migrant workers who are US citizens?

Migrants have no fixed employer and add no fixed address to the mix. So I am guessing the funds can't get to them via the routes the bulk of the worker funds will go out.

I do not think asylum seekers can work while they are waiting for their status to be heard, so they are on special assistance... but I'm not sur about this.

So, no, I'm not upset with by any of these as I understand them... especially the fake one.

On the other hand Mitchypoo's original bill that would have allowed stock buybacks, CEO raises and other non-stimulative giveaways would have bothered me.

Stimulus bill includes $100M arts funding despite past Trump attempts to cut it

The Kennedy Center's board of trustees is also bipartisan and includes first lady Melania Trump and Republican Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri, among others. All first ladies since the Carter administration have been honorary trustees on the board.
The President said Wednesday it was a provision from the Democrats that initially started at $35 million, but they negotiated to $25 million and he approved it because he is a "fan" of the facility.
"That's not a good soundbite but that's the way life works. With that being said, the Kennedy Center, they do a beautiful job, an incredible job," Trump said during the daily White House briefing.

That House proposal included $25 million for “Salaries and Expenses” for the chamber — which would be “allocated in accordance with a spend plan submitted to the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives by the Chief Administrative Officer and approved by such Committee.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claim-of-congressional-pay-raises-in-stimulus-bill/

They get $25,000,000 just worded different.

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

They get $25,000,000 just worded different.

So you were wrong... it happens.

What is its use now and does it make sense?

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So you were wrong... it happens.

What is its use now and does it make sense?

It's all in the wording these politicians are slick..I'll give you partial credit of being right.🌟

• Haha 1