THE BROWNS BOARD

Early Signs that Italy May be Bending Their Curve...

Tour2ma

After 2 weeks of total shut down and nationally enforced stay at home... the rate of rise in both new cases and deaths appear to be slowing. Still on the rise, but not as rapidly.

LATEST: Italy's coronavirus deaths slow for second day in a row

Italy reported more than 600 deaths from coronavirus on Monday, a high figure that is nonetheless lower than the record death toll registered a few days earlier.

Another 601 people have died from the COVID-19 virus since Sunday night, Italy's Civil Protection department announced on Monday evening, down from 651 in the previous 24 hours and a record 793 the day before that.

The number of new infections also rose at a slower rate: by 3,780 on Monday compared to 3,957 on Sunday.

Another 480 people were confirmed to have recovered, bringing the total to 7,432.

That leaves Italy with 50,418 active cases of the new coronavirus, including 20,692 patients in hospital and 3,204 in intensive care. The remaining 26,522 people infected are self-isolating at home.

In total Italy has now confirmed 63,927 cases of the virus since the outbreak began, 6,077 of them fatal.

"This is an extremely important week to assess the evolution of the epidemiological curve," said the head of Italy's Higher Health Institute (ISS), Silvio Brusaferro. 

"Our task is to avoid the curves that we've seen in the north occurring in the south."

https://www.thelocal.it/20200323/latest-italy-602-coronavirus-deaths

Let's hope Spain follows this trend. The epidemy in both countries has followed the same trend, difference being that in Italy the health care system has been way more overworked in general. 

In Spain I'd say only in Madrid and maybe in Vitoria there has been a lot of trouble. 

Damn and just when our Texas Lt. Gov. decided we can sacrifice everybody's grandparent on Fox News who as usual supports the dummy in charge. Best reaction I saw to this latest quackery from the Great Orange Pumpkin & this supportive nut in our Texas government was this obvious tongue in cheek one. "Hello it’s me a principled conservative and I am here to say why wait for grandma and grandpa to die in the pandemic when we can start hunting them for sport today." Hot damn bring 'em on. We can start a hunting TV game show hosted by the Orangeman with each of us old farts getting to bring our on guns to the game. I'm all in!😂

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/dan-patrick-sacrifice-grandparents-045514660.html

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Damn and just when our Texas Lt. Gov. decided we can sacrifice everybody's grandparent on Fox News who as usual supports the dummy in charge. Best reaction I saw to this latest quackery from the Great Orange Pumpkin & this supportive nut in our Texas government was this obvious tongue in cheek one. "Hello it’s me a principled conservative and I am here to say why wait for grandma and grandpa to die in the pandemic when we can start hunting them for sport today." Hot damn bring 'em on. We can start a hunting TV game show hosted by the Orangeman with each of us old farts getting to bring our on guns to the game. I'm all in!😂

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/dan-patrick-sacrifice-grandparents-045514660.html

Tex it is too bad that Trump lives in your head rent free....😄

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'd say its way to early to stop the measures in place.  We are at least 3-4 weeks behind the Italians.  Trump better be careful.

Oh come on DieHard-you and me could make a great team. Screw the Hunger Games. We can call it the Corona games in honor of the Corona on King Trumpy's head. It does mean crown you know in Spanish.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Tex it is too bad that Trump lives in your head rent free....😄

While I still have it. You just have to make the next step logical from stopping social isolation early to full blown Italy in a NY minute like our Lt.Gov. did. And Fox is ready to help them along.😂

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

While I still have it. You just have to make the next step logical from stopping social isolation early to full blown Italy in a NY minute like our Lt.Gov. did. And Fox is ready to help them along.😂

Trump will get hammered by the haters no matter what decision he makes...either one that may lead the country to another Great Depression or another where the MSM, and the CNN's and MSNBC's are going to magnify every flu death and blame Trump for ending the isolation restrictions too early.

On the plus side: 👍

Ford, 3M and GE speed production of respirators, ventilators

Mar. 24, 2020 7:51 AM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

Ford (NYSE:F) is joining forces with firms including 3M (NYSE:MMM) and GE Healthcare (NYSE:GE) to increase production of powered air-purifying respirators for healthcare workers, as well as ventilator designs.

In addition, Ford plans to assemble more than 100,000 face shields per week and leverage its in-house 3D printing capability to produce disposable respirators for healthcare workers.

"By coming together across multiple industries, we can make a real difference for people in need and for those on the front lines of this crisis," said Executive Chairman Bill Ford.

• Upvote 1

Kal, Trumpenol is a suppository, right? Figured I'd ask the head asshole around here...

Ag, any timing on Ford starting production? I'm hearing months for ventilators.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

There a reason God made Dan a sportscaster...

He was sorta willing to "sacrifice" his 70-yo self for the sake of his grandkids. I'd ask him if he was willing to sacrifice one of his grandkids' parents.

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'd say its way to early to stop the measures in place.  We are at least 3-4 weeks behind the Italians.  Trump better be careful.

Bravo, homey, bravo...

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump will get hammered by the haters no matter what decision he makes...either one that may lead the country to another Great Depression or another where the MSM, and the CNN's and MSNBC's are going to magnify every flu death and blame Trump for ending the isolation restrictions too early.

If the flu fits, wear it...

Meanwhile back at the thread...

Mixed data out of Italy on Tuesday... deaths jumped higher after two days of reduction while the number of new cases rose just 8% for the 2nd consecutive day.

Italy new virus infections drop to lowest point in crisis – latest updates

• 41 minutes ago

More than 18,500 people have died from Covid-19 globally, according to the Johns Hopkins pandemic tracker.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Italy new virus infections drop to lowest point in crisis

Italy on Tuesday received more reassuring evidence that its coronavirus infection rate was slowing thanks to a painful lockdown that other nations are starting to apply at great economic cost.

Health officials across the ravaged Mediterranean country are poring over every new piece of data to see whether two weeks of bans and closures have made a dent in the crisis.

The harshest restrictions are theoretically due to expire on Wednesday evening — although the government is all but certain to extend them in some form for weeks or even months.

Italy's 743 new deaths broke two days of successive declines that had taken the number down to 601 on Monday.

It set a world record of 793 fatalities on Saturday.

But officially registered new infections rose just eight percent — the same as Monday and the lowest level since Italy registered its first death on February 21.

https://www.trtworld.com/life/italy-new-virus-infections-drop-to-lowest-point-in-crisis-latest-updates-34810

Note: TRTWorld is an online Turkish "magazine" so grain of salt... but it is one of only two up to date google hits and cites the Johns Hopkins tracker so article seems OK.

The other choice? Al Jazeera America... :wacko:

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Kal, Trumpenol is a suppository, right? Figured I'd ask the head asshole around here...

go back and look at the box. It clearly shows "CAPSULES".

that makes you #1. idiot.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Are they bending their curve though? Or is it just burning itself out?

That's how some people described the reason SARS disappeared from the landscape of mass Hysteria. But why should it matter? For the most part when they cold and flu season is over whatever deadly.flu we worry about seems to go on its merry way. If it does, great.

WSS

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I would not leave the decision soley to the medical experts. I'm  sure sound medical advice would be to lockdown the country for months but will that put us in a Great Depression? At one point will jobs be lost forever and people currently laid off will have no jobs to come back to? I would rather medical experts and economy experts work together on this. Also the  hydrochloroquine and z-pac does seem to be effective on those with the severe symptoms of the virus and as weeks go by I think we will see some good results.

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This could be why virus is spreading so rapidly in NY:

Visitors to New York City's theatre district wear face masks as a precaution

In thru the mouth out thru the nose?

Actually mask don't work with beards either...

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

... some people...

Could you be less precise?

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

In all fairness that fish tank cleaner does a great job of stopping the disease... Just saying.

Nothing like a lil gallows humor...

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not so fast:

Yeah... that's what I posted yesterday. Deaths still jumping, but new case rate is showing some sign of slowing.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I go with the medical experts.  If hydrochlooquine and z-pac work fine, but you still want the disease stopped.  I'd say until June at least.

Bravo, homie...

Could be sooner, if stay inside was a national edict with Governors applying for exemptions, e.g., pretty sure Wyoming ranchers can go to work.

But as it is we still have Governors with their heads in the sand... literally in Florida... and a Prez talking Easter Sunday.