THE BROWNS BOARD

THAT many chinese came here just before the pandemic???

calfoxwc

Travel data of passengers arriving in the United States from China during the critical period in December, January and February, when the disease took hold in that country, shows a stunning 759,493 people entered the U.S

ABC News examined data from December, January and February on travelers entering the U.S. from eight of the hardest-hit countries: 343,402 arrived from Italy, 418,848 from Spain and about 1.9 million more came from Britain.

Combined with those from China, that's more than 3.4 million people from just four countries -- nearly half, about 1.5 million, Americans returning home. Travel from Italy and Spain wasn't shut down until March 13, with U.K. arrivals restricted a few days later.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Travel data of passengers arriving in the United States from China during the critical period in December, January and February, when the disease took hold in that country, shows a stunning 759,493 people entered the U.S

ABC News examined data from December, January and February on travelers entering the U.S. from eight of the hardest-hit countries: 343,402 arrived from Italy, 418,848 from Spain and about 1.9 million more came from Britain.

Combined with those from China, that's more than 3.4 million people from just four countries -- nearly half, about 1.5 million, Americans returning home. Travel from Italy and Spain wasn't shut down until March 13, with U.K. arrivals restricted a few days later.

Woody it wasn't just Americans getting out of Dodge ASAP. Anyone that could got out of Wuhan too. How many? don't have the numbers, but it was a lot.  

Sadly, China did not contain their serious outbreak of the virus. They let it spread outside of their borders, and lied about the danger of the virus ...

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

the point is, the virus STARTED IN CHINA.

Would you feel differently if it started in (pick a country) instead?  Our fearless- and virus free- leader thought it was "no big deal" and just like the flu initially...  

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Would you feel differently if it started in (pick a country) instead?  Our fearless- and virus free- leader thought it was "no big deal" and just like the flu initially...  

I don't think so. Don't like commie china from the gitgo anyways, but, if it started in france or wherever ...

letting it just keep spreading while you insisted (lied) about it NOT being spread human to human, and having the WHO help them lie about it... if it isn't spread human to human, no big deal.

i'd be just as po'd.

But it was a lie, the government covered it up. France, Italy, etc would never have lied about it ...but communist governments survive via lies.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't think so. Don't like commie china from the gitgo anyways, but, if it started in france or wherever ...

letting it just keep spreading while you insisted (lied) about it NOT being spread human to human, and having the WHO help them lie about it... if it isn't spread human to human, no big deal.

i'd be just as po'd.

But it was a lie, the government covered it up. France, Italy, etc would never have lied about it ...but communist governments survive via lies.

I did see one excellent article on the timeline of the virus, and what you're saying is true. However, since we now know this virus has the highest transmission rate of virtually anything we've seen recently- I'll posit regardless of what the Chinese did, we would have wound up with a global pandemic eventually. It would just have spread more slowly and given other countries more time to prepare, with probably fewer cases. Maybe we would have been lucky enough to have had the time to develop a vaccine, which would have been another story entirely....

On our end- it didn't help that a lot of folks (including me) didn't take the seriousness of covid initially... And I still question the wisdom of essentially shutting the country down in the name of saving lives. Yes Mr. Dewine, looks like the measures you and Amy have taken are indeed "flattening the curve". Got any words of encouragement for the 100,000 or so Ohioans who just got their wallets flattened?  

BTW, I don't trust the reports coming out of China now that they've magically got corona under control as far as I could throw a 100 pound sack of rice.   .