THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus and the NFL

Axe

Our office is remote from our main office.  We have 13 people total only three are in the office now.  Two of the three are can work from home the other is a principle in the company.  I have been working from home since last Wednesday.  Daughter does not go back to school till May.  People just need to stay home and away right now so things can go back to normal sooner.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

They initially Said exercise and going outside is fine so everyone congregated to the parks!!!  They closed those Monday- finally.  Loads of people complaining about the lack of testing but they aren’t even taking social distancing seriously.  Stay away from people it is pretty simple.

NYC has seen same and so is trying an approach of blocking off streets and turning them into pedestrian ways to give folks the room to spread out. Traffic has been light to non-existent so worth a shot.

Also saw yesterday where some grocery stores have taped stripes on their floors that are 6' apart to remind customers and show what spacing looks like.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

NYC has seen same and so is trying an approach of blocking off streets and turning them into pedestrian ways to give folks the room to spread out. Traffic has been light to non-existent so worth a shot.

Also saw yesterday where some grocery stores have taped stripes on their floors that are 6' apart to remind customers and show what spacing looks like.

Yes we have the "X" on the floor six feet from the register and the plexiglass covering the cashiers.  

I'm wearing gloves at all places- I have a 4 month old at home can't take chances.  

Serious question:

What happens when the world decides to get back to normal because we closed off the planet long enough, and everyone must be virus free by now..... but whoops - we missed one.

Here we go again? Hell no D you dumbass, it would be totally different a second time because....? D, you're stupid, we won't miss one because we are just that good? D, you're an idiot, what we would do then is.....................................................??

Someone help this guy understand it all, and how this right here, right now completely and totally differs from the 2017 -2018 flu season where we lost 61,099 lives in the USA alone https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm and not one of us even batted an eye.

No media links please, as I wouldn't trust a single "journalist" if he or she told me I was on fire, even though I smelled something delicious.

I seriously can't wrap my head around this overreaction, and I'm beginning to think that I need to look for Morpheus and ask him for that red pill. 

lol... sorry... Sometimes I just gotta be me. Well actually all the time... cause who else would want to be?

But i digress... again...

DB...

Setting aside any treatment or prevention drugs, which obviously change the outlook, here's how it could be different.

That guy we miss... if he becomes symptomatic we can react quickly. If he goes to hospital, he'll be ID'd... if he calls in sick with a fever/flu... his work can say "hmmmm" call local health officials and make them aware. Knock knock.... who is there? Test kit..

It's going to be a while even for we short-attention span 'Mericans before we forget the lessons we are learning here... at least for all those who actually learning.

ID early... isolate early... ID contacts early... test test test early... quarantine early... publicize the case early... all leads to nip it early...

The Covid test infrastructure that is still building will be with us for a while.

Hope I helped...

As I type, we've got almost 16,000 NEW cases TODAY.   That's more new cases than all but six other countries have TOTAL cases!

If ya don't have to go out, DON'T.    (I'm not talking about going out to your backyard for a little sunshine, of course)

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

As I type, we've got almost 16,000 NEW cases TODAY.   That's more new cases than all but six other countries have TOTAL cases!

If ya don't have to go out, DON'T.    (I'm not talking about going out to your backyard for a little sunshine, of course)

I had to go out to pick up medication.  Then I got some carryout food on the way home.  But then I came back .

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Then I got some carryout food on the way home.

We have a Thai restaurant here that is to die for... carried out from them earlier this week. Know, love and trust the owners...

But have to say...

... the thought of a McD's or other drive thru sammich with extra sneeze scares me more than it normally would.

Scary Tectonix demo...

Link below takes you to Twitter post by Tectonix CEO. They tracked Spring Breaker cell phones from Miami Beach beach to their homes... mostly in upper midwest with 2ndary migration to upper east coast.

You can see the major interstate routes home. And a handful of flight destinations in Colorado, AZ, MN...

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1242628347034767361

The longer I look... the more it pisses me off...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Scary Tectonix demo...

Link below takes you to Twitter post by Tectonix CEO. They tracked Spring Breaker cell phones from Miami Beach beach to their homes... mostly in upper midwest with 2ndary migration to upper east coast.

You can see the major interstate routes home. And a handful of flight destinations in Colorado, AZ, MN...

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1242628347034767361

The longer I look... the more it pisses me off...

I have a friend who still insists on throwing weekly poker games at his house, where everyone crowds into a 10x10 room around a table. I quit going after Dewine shut down all restaurants and bars, but the games still go on. They played last night. Another friend of mine, in the group text for the poker games, will send a link regarding coronavirus every time a new game is talked about. Some people just don't care. 

Yup... but marry the Tectonix migration tracking to the following US City Hot Spot Plot and maybe they will.

https://www.axios.com/americas-coronavirus-cities-outbreak-5f22e933-42f1-464e-a68d-5f8ee0923fda.html

Scroll down a little. Cursor on a dot should bring up corresponding City/Area name and current counts.

There are a few Ohio cities that have low case counts, but high rates of increasing cases including Columbus and Toledo.

CLE is the dot to the left of DC... there are worse dot placements. Pittsburgh is the dot just below St. Louis.

Last couple links... I posted them a while ago "elsewhere"...

... but for those who don't venture into the Browns Board netherworld that is otherwise known as the Political section...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Above page and map are from the John Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center.

If you click on any of the countries listed on the left hand side of the map, then the data and the plot on the right hand side swap to that country's data.

Click on the "Admin" bar below the country list and for some selected countries state/province data is shown.

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Financial Times Global Graph... Pretty straightforward... more than a little scary...

Graph shows rates of rise for all countries reporting cases.

https://healthweather.us/

Kinsa is a maker of digital thermometers that upload your data thru an app on your smart phone to their site.

A week or so ago they launched a map showing the nationwide data. They actually held up its release for a week because the data it was showing was predicting majot outbreaks in and around NYC and across Florida. At the time both areas had fairly low case counts... and then they did.

Kinsa has an algorithm that scrubs historical cold and flu trends from the data to produce its "Atypical" fever map. You can select the Atypical mode by clicking on it in the upper, right corner of the map.

You have to scroll down to see the map.

Talking about background vibrations, Gip... not earthquakes.

Article talks about this opportunity for seismologists to study low intensity tremors and ability to improve predictions of quakes and eruptions during this period.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Article talks about this opportunity for seismologists to study low intensity tremors and ability to improve predictions of quakes and eruptions during this period.

Silver lining for sure..... kind of like when your house burns down and you don't have to vacuum it any more. 

None of the famous who "got it" have become sick. 

Correction: Tony Boselli needed hospitalized and he said he was really sick, like near death. He said he can't see anyone surviving that was old and/or with precondition lung illness. But is wife experienced almost no ailments, who also tested positive. Tony has now been discharged and seems over it. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

OK,  what is a "background vibration"?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK,  what is a "background vibration"?

I guess you did not click on the link...

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Silver lining for sure..... kind of like when your house burns down and you don't have to vacuum it any more. 

More like making hay while the sun shines...

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

like making hay while the sun shines...

Interesting.  Less planes taking off and landing, less road traffic, etc.  Wouldn't have thought we had that much of an affect on the mother ship.  I would assume that the animals' senses would be more keen also.

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

4.9 Quake here in So Cal.  Who said the earth is moving less

Who knows, without the COVID 19 slow down, it may have only registered 4.8.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, Tour2ma said:

How curious. In Spain and other countries we are using taped stripes that are 2 meters apart (6' 9''). 

If the crisis ends up being worse in the US, we can call out your measuring system. 

Checkmate, Imperial System! Metric will always be better. 😎

PS: Spain is a mess (mostly Madrid) but I have no ill relatives and we're fine. Take care ya"ll ;)

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Spain is a mess (mostly Madrid) but I have no ill relatives and we're fine. Take care ya"ll

Same here and back at ya...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nero said:

How curious. In Spain and other countries we are using taped stripes that are 2 meters apart (6' 9''). 

If the crisis ends up being worse in the US, we can call out your measuring system. 

Checkmate, Imperial System! Metric will always be better. 😎

PS: Spain is a mess (mostly Madrid) but I have no ill relatives and we're fine. Take care ya"ll ;)

A lady friend of mine who lives in Tenerife says the lockdown is pretty strict over there...

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

A lady friend of mine who lives in Tenerife says the lockdown is pretty strict over there...

Yes it has been since March 15th. Some people like me started the quarantine 4-5 days earlier. 

Spain may end up being the most damaged country in the world if we don't stop the trend, thanks to a very old population and stupid politicians. 

Health masks and ventilators coming to our country (and already paid) have been confiscated in Turkey and USA, which doesn't help the matter either.