THE BROWNS BOARD

Precaution survey

Good morning gentlemen. Just curious as to exactly what precautions the members of this group are taking. How frequently do you visit a store? What kind? Pharmacy convenience store carryout restaurant general merchandise post office Hardware or grocery?

I personally go every 2 or 3 days to one or more of these establishments. I do not wear a mask I do not wear gloves but I try to be as conscious as possible about washing my hands and not touching my face. I do take a couple paper towels I have dampened with Clorox spray and wipe my hands frequently as I pick up items and put them in my cart. I make sure the cart handle has been cleaned. And I do stay as reasonably far from others in the store as I can. And I open the doors with my shirt sleeve or with the Clorox paper towel. How about the rest of you? What are your daily routines like? Where do you shop if at all?

Bonus question when you are out in a store how many of the other customers seem like they are taking precautions?

WSS

46 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Good morning gentlemen. Just curious as to exactly what precautions the members of this group are taking. How frequently do you visit a store? What kind? Pharmacy convenience store carryout restaurant general merchandise post office Hardware or grocery?

I personally go every 2 or 3 days to one or more of these establishments. I do not wear a mask I do not wear gloves but I try to be as conscious as possible about washing my hands and not touching my face. I do take a couple paper towels I have dampened with Clorox spray and wipe my hands frequently as I pick up items and put them in my cart. I make sure the cart handle has been cleaned. And I do stay as reasonably far from others in the store as I can. And I open the doors with my shirt sleeve or with the Clorox paper towel. How about the rest of you? What are your daily routines like? Where do you shop if at all?

Bonus question when you are out in a store how many of the other customers seem like they are taking precautions?

WSS

Our neighbors were nice enough to make my wife and I a couple of masks and I probably will wear it next time I go to Walmart where I pretty much get everything. I go once a week or so. I do the same with keeping my hands clean and away from my face and spacing when possible.

Other than that WSS you were spot on in saying early on we cannot keep living our lives in fear. We have to open up the economy or the "cure" will absolutely be worse than the disease. 

I also believe the cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, zpac and zinc when given to covid19 patients early on will have a huge impact on keeping these patients from having their symptoms getting worse and then having to be hospitalized. I just read here locally a nurse who tested positive for covid19 with the normal symptoms and was given the cocktail and the very next day is symptom free. This might be anecdotal evidence as Dr. Fauci states but as more and more of these success stories happen it is at least very powerful anecdotal evidence these drugs work.

• Thanks 2

We now order doorstep grocery delivery. I did have to get cat treats from Petsmart and went in with N-95 my brother sent me along with sanitizer wipe to pick up their treats. I'm taking my grandson to an outdoor shooting range that a friend owns and we have it all to ourselves. I promised my friend I would use Lysol wipes on anything we had to touch before leaving.

There is a possible drug in the works which may really turn this country around finally.😜🤴

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fauci-begs-pharma-companies-to-speed-development-of-anti-narcissism-drug?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Borowitz_040920-2&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd67d9d24c17c104802beca&cndid=48876312&hasha=0401fbee7054bf3969a8cc251ed777fc&hashb=81e025036ef644df7ae9f4e31df44e9afa77e773&hashc=d0aae679bf4dd6c93871e38ca7af9d7164cc612856bcfccba1b37dfad3e5f6ba&esrc=&utm_term=TNY_Borowitz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Yesterday, I went to the drug store - prescription - and went through the drive-through. It was busy. Lunchtime, only 5 cars in the parking lot, one person walking in wore a mask as I drove in.

I would have gone in, but they are probably still out of hand sanitizer and bleach wipes, etc.

we still have some. Gave a refill to a neighbor - her husband works in contruction - a medical building.

Stopped off at a little family-owned grocery, and wore my disposable gloves and mask. Another lady was in there, she wore a mask, no gloves.

The way the virus can exist in the air for three days?  For now, I think wearing a mask has been important. But after so many days since that started, I think eventually, it won't be necessary anymore. That time isn't now - just my hunch.

Only six people were allowed in the store at one time - another guy walked in with no mask or gloves, and another lady walked in with a mask.

the workers weren't wearing anything - but I noticed instead of the two elderly gals there - I believe one was not there - and I suppose it may have been her daughter working instead.

Texas Roadhouse - take out only - they deliver it to your car, wearing rubber gloves, have you sign for credit card, and they sanitize the pen each time they go back in, they said. They are really busy.

Bank is only open inside by appt, we had to go into the bank to get our safety deposit box when we bought our car. A person had just come out, wearing a mask. Wife wanted to go in, wore the gloves and mask.

For now, You can't be too careful. We'll get back to normal,

Went fishing day before yesterday. Today - winter storm/snow hit overnight. lol

two other guys in the bait shop wore a mask besides me.

Let's help NOT SPREAD this virus - we'll defeat it. Seems like plenty of cars out on the road now.

Where other folks have been - it could be on a doornob/handle, on a product you buy, on a pen, counter, in the air.

But I think we are on our way back to normal. I hope. Self-quarantining - Wife has finished half of a very, very hard 1000 piece puzzle, and I never did find one piece. How the heck...

dammit. lol

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No mask, no gloves, going about going to stores as usual. Keeping distance and making sure to wash my hands and wiping down stuff I buy. Nothing too wild. 

you can hold your breath THAT long?

• Haha 1

Had a feeling that shit might turn south back in early Feb, so I stocked up on cold/flu meds and the majority of the food we needed back then. Made some last minute purchases in mid March when people started realizing shit was going south and losing their minds. Now, I only go to the store around once a week to pick up certain items for my parents. Living off of food stores with the occasional food delivery. Don't really go anywhere else besides work and home, with the occasional trips to the gas station and Krogers for fuel or perishable goods like milk, bread, and fruits. I extensively wipe down surfaces I touch like door handles, shopping cart handles and touchscreens with disinfectant wipes. Might try golfing here in the next day or so.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

An aside: I woefully downplayed this at the start. My wife is a nurse on the covid unit at our VAMC. It takes people fast. You can go downhill fast. 

Very interesting. But having used the VA a lot since retirement I can tell you I have cancelled appointments there since COVID-19 because there are so many old sick people in the halls waiting for labs & appointments. I suspect the old & already sick with other ailments are the ones she gets there all the time. The deck is stacked against them already. That old soldiers home is Mass. is a prime example with so many dead since Jan.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Self-quarantining - Wife has finished half of a very, very hard 1000 piece puzzle, and I never did find one piece. How the heck...

dammit. lol

You devil. You hid it back right?!!😈

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ya, I'm thinking of postponing my appointments on April 29 and May 29 until at least August.

Switched my to June with the thought I would reschedule if the shit is still in the fan then.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Very interesting. But having used the VA a lot since retirement I can tell you I have cancelled appointments there since COVID-19 because there are so many old sick people in the halls waiting for labs & appointments. I suspect the old & already sick with other ailments are the ones she gets there all the time. The deck is stacked against them already. That old soldiers home is Mass. is a prime example with so many dead since Jan.

We border KY and they had a veterans home get overrun with it. They are most of the fellas in the unit. Two came in perfectly healthy for their age and died within a day.

10 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I work as a VSR now and they are telling us to not schedule any exams at VAMCs only through vendors and private doc offices.

I sent a secure message to my doc she said they are doing telephone or video appts now also.  Waiting to hear back from her next week.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I work as a VSR now and they are telling us to not schedule any exams at VAMCs only through vendors and private doc offices.

Thanks for that information. I'll contact them.

5 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

We border KY and they had a veterans home get overrun with it. They are most of the fellas in the unit. Two came in perfectly healthy for their age and died within a day.

That's a heartbreaker LFS. I will have to check with friends who still work where I left and see how they are faring/coping as caring pros. I have no idea how many cases they are seeing or how many are now in ICU?

On a disconcerting, yet funny note: the one thing that slipped my mind when preparing was antiseptics. Went to several stores and there's no peroxide or isopropyl alcohol to be found. But, since I live only about an hour away from Kentucky, I went down to Newport and bought a bottle of Everclear. Now I can clean wounds or destroy my liver, whichever takes my fancy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

On a disconcerting, yet funny note: the one thing that slipped my mind when preparing was antiseptics. Went to several stores and there's no peroxide or isopropyl alcohol to be found. But, since I live only about an hour away from Kentucky, I went down to Newport and bought a bottle of Everclear. Now I can clean wounds or destroy my liver, whichever takes my fancy.

ha

I would imagine the 151 vodka would do the trick and that's available in Ohio. A friend of mine owns a tanning salon and the people that Supply their spray on tan have shifted gears into making liquid hand sanitizer so I'm buying a gallon of that from him.

WSS

On 4/10/2020 at 6:36 AM, Westside Steve said:

Good morning gentlemen. and to you Steve

How about the rest of you? 

What are your daily routines like? not a thing has changed, but it's a different world out there folks..Postal worker that shows up with about 100 employees, that they staggered starting times by 15 minutes to punch in..I wear no offered gloves nor mask while preparing mail & parcels for delivery for about 3 hours in the office. I do use their offered up hand sanitizer in & out on route. but, I do stay more than 6 feet away from all these working creeps including endless supervisors.. I Refuse anything they want me to sign & will not attend daily safety talk meetings with more than groups of 10..We have almost forced them to stop them altogether, since they have a intercom system.. On the route, it is very strange to tell parents & kids to stay back, I cannot hand them anything. keep 6 foot distance, lay on ground & when i back away they can than retrieve.    

Where do you shop if at all?..... Wife & I go on Sundays early...stuck with inventory they have..ever heard of Food Lion?  My Wife also loves shopping Lowes..we just added a deck. most of their aisle seem a safe distance..Tractor Supply (a smaller local hardware store) are 4 foot aisles at most..some ma & pa shops may have some moving aisles to do?

Bonus question when you are out in a store how many of the other customers seem like they are taking precautions? Just a guess..per 10, maybe 8 ? What we miss the most is the grand babies & our 3 daughters..we have a new addition just born about a month ago before all this mess . and she's doing wonderfully. 👍

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

ha

I would imagine the 151 vodka would do the trick and that's available in Ohio. A friend of mine owns a tanning salon and the people that Supply their spray on tan have shifted gears into making liquid hand sanitizer so I'm buying a gallon of that from him.

WSS

Anything 120 proof or above, or soap and water.

• Upvote 1

No mask, no gloves, no shoes, no shirt, no service. And no spray bottles. Go to Market square when I need to. I still go out on service calls, one a day if I'm lucky...down from 3 a day. Our hours have been cut so I stay home on Fridays. Walk the dog a lot because I'm home a lot.

The only thing I do is obey the 6ft distance markers on floors.

sideways.jpg