THE BROWNS BOARD

Investigation Underway

TexasAg1969

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that's a heartbreaker. gross negligence on somebody's part.

It's hard to tell cal. Nursing homes go down badly if it gets into them and vets in veteran's homes are often old with various illnesses too. It sounds like a wildfire situation that was out of hand before anyone realized they were even in it. The investigation may get to the bottom of it. I do know from having worked part of my time in a 400 bed VA domiciliary that sitting for meals is quite crowded in a cafeteria style setting. Something like that could have easily spread superfast where I worked. We made sure all flu & pneumonia shots were always given early and up to date for every resident, but something like this can't be stopped no matter how well you prepare.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's hard to tell cal. Nursing homes go down badly if it gets into them and vets in veteran's homes are often old with various illnesses too. It sounds like a wildfire situation that was out of hand before anyone realized they were even in it. The investigation may get to the bottom of it. I do know from having worked part of my time in a 400 bed VA domiciliary that sitting for meals is quite crowded in a cafeteria style setting. Something like that could have easily spread superfast where I worked. We made sure all flu & pneumonia shots were always given early and up to date for every resident, but something like this can't be stopped no matter how well you prepare.

After I retired from the Navy, I got a Job at the VA in Risk Management.  Back in the 90's VA had a lot of problems.  Saw some bad shit going on with med errors, patient abuse, etc.

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

After I retired from the Navy, I got a Job at the VA in Risk Management.  Back in the 90's VA had a lot of problems.  Saw some bad shit going on with med errors, patient abuse, etc.

I was lucky in that the Dom I worked in went through the Joint Hospital Commission inspection and received an exemplary rating, one of the highest in the nation. But we had a staff composed of well more than 90% veterans who treated vets as if they were friends from foxholes. It makes all the difference in the world.👌

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Unfortunately, working in Risk Management all I saw was the bad.

it's sickening that was ever allowed to happen to any of our veterans.

• Upvote 1

NBC is keeping track of nursing home certified covid-19 deaths in the US because the federal government is not even though this is the most vulnerable population out there. It comprises more than 2000 of the US deaths so far.

2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

That was certainly out of character for you. No blaming Trump for this?

Nah, I'm waiting for him to con his new COVID team into opening up too soon and starting an even deeper and deadlier second round because he's an idiot with zero understanding.  

Testing is the answer he does not want to hear because it can't meet his arbitrary deadline.

OK-feel better now that I met your expectations.😂

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nah, I'm waiting for him to con his new COVID team into opening up too soon and starting an even deeper and deadlier second round because he's an idiot with zero understanding.  

Testing is the answer he does not want to hear because it can't meet his arbitrary deadline.

OK-feel better now that I met your expectations.😂

You're actually the idiot with zero understanding, so yes you've met my expectations.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I just looked into my crystal ball oh, it's early and it's the weekend but still... I foresee a big payday for somebody. The faces are a little bit blurry but the spirits say that most of them went to law school.

WSS

• Haha 1