THE BROWNS BOARD

A cynical look at the pandemic response

So you guys know I'm something of a cynic and this response to the pandemic isn't really turning me into Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. First of all I'm a little surprised that the guys who are usually screaming about civil liberties who are among the first to demand we give them up. 

But as I see the pandering politicians falling all over each other to give out more and more stimulus and unemployment and bonus checks (that we print out of thin air)  to just about everybody especially in light of the fact that only about 1 in 10 working people or actually laid off. I'd have to bet there is a pretty good chunk of the population who would be happy just sit home and collect nearly what they were making before. And if we are to assume another extended. Of unemployment oh, like another 99 months oh, it's going to be even harder to get that segment off the couch after a couple of years have gone by. Don't get me wrong I don't really trust business that much either. On one hand they will be thinking about closing down brick-and-mortar stations and having people work from home , of course for less money. And while a few will diligently slave away the cynic in me says that a lot of people who aren't supervised to every minute will fuck off as much as they can. 

What do you think boys?

WSS

anything to be jackwagons. and the likes of Tex, DH and whoever else keep voting for them - it's entertainment, apparently.

Some people seem to be miserable and want the whole city/state/country to be the same way.

Just cranky.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

anything to be jackwagons. and the likes of Tex, DH and whoever else keep voting for them - it's entertainment, apparently.

I voted for Sen. Cornyn and US Rep. Carter. It's only your jackass 🐖 I won't vote for.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I voted for Sen. Cornyn and US Rep. Carter. It's only your jackass 🐖 I won't vote for.

I said "the likes of". Not you two specifically. People LIKE you and DH.

asswhole. lol

Emotions cause reading comprehension disorder - new guessimate as to the problem there.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I said "the likes of". Not you two specifically. People LIKE you and DH.

asswhole. lol

Emotions cause reading comprehension disorder - new guessimate as to the problem there.

Bullshit. The implication was obvious to all but the comprehension impaired.

👔
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So you guys know I'm something of a cynic and this response to the pandemic isn't really turning me into Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. First of all I'm a little surprised that the guys who are usually screaming about civil liberties who are among the first to demand we give them up. 

But as I see the pandering politicians falling all over each other to give out more and more stimulus and unemployment and bonus checks (that we print out of thin air)  to just about everybody especially in light of the fact that only about 1 in 10 working people or actually laid off. I'd have to bet there is a pretty good chunk of the population who would be happy just sit home and collect nearly what they were making before. And if we are to assume another extended. Of unemployment oh, like another 99 months oh, it's going to be even harder to get that segment off the couch after a couple of years have gone by. Don't get me wrong I don't really trust business that much either. On one hand they will be thinking about closing down brick-and-mortar stations and having people work from home , of course for less money. And while a few will diligently slave away the cynic in me says that a lot of people who aren't supervised to every minute will fuck off as much as they can. 

What do you think boys?

WSS

- or one politician making sure his name is on said checks

- My company, and many others, is implementing furloughs (luckily i have plenty of accrued vacation days). So while employees aren't getting laid off they're still losing pay. 

45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Woodpecker translation:

"I love to give my obaMao phone up my tailfeathers because I always post out of that end"

My translation? Trump is a pandering politician making sure his name is on those checks to people who don't have direct deposit. Cal is blind to that Woody. 

Maybe it should say above his name "This money brought to you through the largess of the GREATEST AMERICAN PRESIDENT EVER, EVER  (S) Donald Trump." PS- VOTE FOR ME!!!  His ego shows no bounds- as well as his very poor understanding of exactly what the Constitution says he can and can't do. 

• Upvote 1

HUD Encourages Stimulus Recipients To Post Signs Praising Obama

The Department of Housing and Urban Development is telling recipients of the $787 billion stimulus bill to post highway signs praising big government – and Barack Obama. Internal HUD memos and e-mails show the agency tells states undertaking road improvements or building projects funded by the bill that posting such a sign is “highly recommended.” Among the suggested signs is a template that reads, “Funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Barack Obama, President.”

It’s nice to see the mainstream media catching on to this. My friend Tait Trussell discovered more than a year ago that roadway signs touting the massive spending bill cost at least $1,000 each in his home state. (It appears to be down right now. Here is a cached version of the article.) I’m proud to have edited the article to bring this aspect of the story to the fore.

ABC News reported the taxpayer-financed political ads last month. One sign at Dulles Airport near Washington, D.C., cost $10,000 alone. Tennessee spent only “$12,931 and an average of $37.67 each.” Rep. Darrell Issa, R-CA, and other Republicans recently offered a bill to defund these signs, which Congressional Democrats rejected.

Obama intended readers of the signs to marvel how his costly bills are “Putting America Back to Work.” Instead, readers should look at each one as a thousand dollars he transferred from their families to his 2012 reelection campaign.

http://therightswriter.com/2010/08/hud-encourages-stimulus-recipients-to-post-signs-praising-obama-2/

** I'm sure Trump putting his name on stimulus checks was a whole lot less costly than the $1,000 signs the Obama administration used to make sure Obama got praised for his stimulus.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

- or one politician making sure his name is on said checks

that's true. And once again you mistake every post for a praise Trump post.

- My company, and many others, is implementing furloughs (luckily i have plenty of accrued vacation days). So while employees aren't getting laid off they're still losing pay. 

oh well. That doesn't make anything that I've said incorrect. And not every American worker will be glad just sit on his ass and accept a little bit less pay but enough of them. Why look for a job until unemployment is about to run out?

WSS

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- never said it was, I'm adding another example

- again, adding an example of someone not losing their job but still needing support (on top of the 10%)

everybody loves a windfall. And I suspect that's one of the reasons the numbers are being inflated by dewine and other governors. As long as they can keep the Panic at a high-level the more money they can soak out of the Fed.

WSS