THE BROWNS BOARD

Face masks

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

WSS

I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

• Upvote 1

I'm one of the caregivers for my parents; both of them whom are in their mid-60s and both are in poor health. So, I've been wearing facemasks and carrying a few sanitizing wipes with me when I go to public places like the grocery store or gas station, because I don't want to take any unnecessary risks and get them sick.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

WSS

well it's well established that some democrats lie.  Look at the obaMao regime, and all the lies told about Pres Trump.

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

It has little to do with party or science. It's a mindset. 

Remember there was never a push by science encouraging everyone to wear masks, because science had also said that wearing masks do no good.  

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

WSS

Maybe you got him thinking he'd better start wearing one so as not to be mistaken for an anti-science Republican!

When I go out maybe one out of 6 are wearing a mask. That's including the grocery store.  Seems to be a lot of Republicans wherever I go.lol

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Me? Zero, though I've thought about wearing a scarf in grocery stores. I have a pretty  fatalistic viewpoint. Something is going to kill me  eventually,  and if it happens to be  Corona, so be it. Lotsa luck trying to  find a mask for sale now anyway.  Ditto  that gloves and hand sanitizer.  

What sort of gives me pause is seeing a few paranoids wearing masks when I'm out on the bike paths riding. Probably the same folks who  now have a  garage full of  toilet paper.  :)

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Me? Zero, though I've thought about wearing a scarf in grocery stores. I have a pretty  fatalistic viewpoint. Something is going to kill me  eventually,  and if it happens to be  Corona, so be it. Lotsa luck trying to  find a mask for sale now anyway.  Ditto  that gloves and hand sanitizer.  

What sort of gives me pause is seeing a few paranoids wearing masks when I'm out on the bike paths riding. Probably the same folks who  now have a  garage full of  toilet paper.  :)

My neighbor was doing yard work wearing a mask.  No one within 100 feet.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

2020-04-20_145839.jpg