THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers rumored to shop JuJu

Icecube

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Back at ya, Vag... doing OK here.

Here's hoping our teams are able to meet twice and in front of sold out stadiums.

I hope so, I just ordered a Nick Chubb jersey... I've been waiting for years for the Browns to bring back jerseys worth buying, once they brought back the classic jersey I spent some of that stimulus check on one! 😁 I was going to get a personalized one, but the NFL won't make a lot of ex-players (not sure why) so I went with Chubb. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it this fall for games. 

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hope so, I just ordered a Nick Chubb jersey... I've been waiting for years for the Browns to bring back jerseys worth buying, once they brought back the classic jersey I spent some of that stimulus check on one! 😁 I was going to get a personalized one, but the NFL won't make a lot of ex-players (not sure why) so I went with Chubb. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it this fall for games. 

You can buy a lot of former player jerseys on the Browns Store on this website, I believe.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

All you have to do is a custom one if you want old players that aren't produced normally. I've done it before with obscure players. 

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

All you have to do is a custom one if you want old players that aren't produced normally. I've done it before with obscure players. 

But that's the problem, the guys I wanted I couldn't do. 

I couldn't get 32 Brown, or 14 Graham, but could've got a 36 Motley, 44 Kelly, or 42 Warfield. It was hit or miss on players from the 80s too. The clincher on passing on the custom route was that for $150 I would get a jersey with screen printed numbers and letters for the names, which is a hard pass for me. I paid the same and got a Nick Chubb jersey with stitched numbers and letters. 

I'm guessing a ton of the 70s Steelers players would be hard to get too, right? Plus, if you custom a Steelers jersey with an older player, you would get a jersey with the weird current number font instead of the traditional block number font the Steelers wore until the late 90s... 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You wont be happy when the analytics guys dont pay Chubb in two years.......

Mind you Haslam will probably have Parcells as GM by then

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

You wont be happy when the analytics guys dont pay Chubb in two years.......

Mind you Haslam will probably have Parcells as GM by then

And that's why I hesitated getting a current player and was contemplating getting a Graham, Brown, Motley or Warfield. 

But fuck it, Nick Chubb is the man, and I'll enjoy my four years with him. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And that's why I hesitated getting a current player and was contemplating getting a Graham, Brown, Motley or Warfield. 

But fuck it, Nick Chubb is the man, and I'll enjoy my four years with him. 

He sure is, expecting a huge year from him under Stefanski

• 3 weeks later...

First Steeler thread I came across so it'll do for this Big Ben tidbit...

Read it due to the chuckle inducing comment on Ben's "conditioning" ... or lack thereof... but of more interest in the end was the fact that he's still rehabbing and is expected to be "semi-rehabbing" in Camp. Surprised me that he is not closer to being ready.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-general-manager-not-worried-about-ben-roethlisberger-being-in-shape/ar-BB144rpU?ocid=spartandhp

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First Steeler thread I came across so it'll do for this Big Ben tidbit...

Read it due to the chuckle inducing comment on Ben's "conditioning" ... or lack thereof... but of more interest in the end was the fact that he's still rehabbing and is expected to be "semi-rehabbing" in Camp. Surprised me that he is not closer to being ready.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-general-manager-not-worried-about-ben-roethlisberger-being-in-shape/ar-BB144rpU?ocid=spartandhp

Many people thought that it could be a career ending injury when it happened, so I'm not surprised at all. 

He has never been the most strict athlete in conditioning terms, he has won 2 SBs and has had many injuries, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he didn't want to keep going. 

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Many people thought that it could be a career ending injury when it happened, so I'm not surprised at all. 

He has never been the most strict athlete in conditioning terms, he has won 2 SBs and has had many injuries, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he didn't want to keep going. 

He had elbow surgery...even if he comes back in great shape that does not mean he will have the kind of arm strength and accuracy that he had before.  I recall that it was an elbow injury that pretty much put an end to Bernie Kosar's career,  and he was younger than BR is now, and he was not the Pillsbury Dough Boy that BR is.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

... it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he didn't want to keep going. 

Given his past public musings on retirement I think it's easier to count those who would not be surprised.

But it's been a couple years now since those comments and it seems something has changed. May be personal circumstance... he seems more grounded now... or it may be as simple as recent team and personal adversity is driving him to finish his career on a high note... or at least a higher one.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:28 AM, The Gipper said:

He had elbow surgery...even if he comes back in great shape that does not mean he will have the kind of arm strength and accuracy that he had before.  I recall that it was an elbow injury that pretty much put an end to Bernie Kosar's career,  and he was younger than BR is now, and he was not the Pillsbury Dough Boy that BR is.

Big ben post injury was never fat. His beard certainly gave that impression. He says he's pain free for the first time in years. He looks to be throwing darts to me. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Big ben post injury was never fat. His beard certainly gave that impression. He says he's pain free for the first time in years. He looks to  be throwing darts to me. 

You mean Mr. Muffintop there?   I know, having a gut does not mean he can't throw the ball.  And I guess there is nothing wrong with you being a Pollyana about him.  I mean, you need to be, right?   Your backups are still the Duck guy and the Racist guy,  right? 

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Big ben post injury was never fat.

We saw photos...

He was either fat or five-months pregnant.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean Mr. Muffintop there?   I know, having a gut does not mean he can't throw the ball.  And I guess there is nothing wrong with you being a Pollyana about him.  I mean, you need to be, right?   Your backups are still the Duck guy and the Racist guy,  right? 

I'm not surprised you are still pushing that Rudolph narrative. If a player called a guy the n-bomb someone else would have certainly heard it. Myles Garrett was trying to save face. I do love when you make these claims tho. You always eat crow. 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not surprised you are still pushing that Rudolph narrative. If a player called a guy the n-bomb someone else would have certainly heard it. Myles Garrett was trying to save face. I do love when you make these claims tho. You always eat crow. 

I didn't make the claim....I just repeated it.  Face it, your bad good ole boy backup QB is a race baiter.   You lost your case months ago. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The one you posted if sufficient.  I mean, what is BR planning to eat for lunch there on that plane.  His own gut?  That's what's laying on the table. 

Well the one is pre-rehab and the throwing is post. What is Ben's record against you all since you are so keen to run your mouth?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't make the claim....I just repeated it.  Face it, your bad good ole boy backup QB is a race baiter.   You lost your case months ago. 

Yea, the claim is complete and total bullshit. Literally no one else on that field can legitimize his claim. The n-bomb is a pretty heinous and powerful word. If Mason rudolph used it more people would have been talking about it. Unfortunately Garrett is a cowardly fuck Boi and tried to save face for his totally bs actions by making it about race. You'd look a lot less like a terrible human being if you stopped perpetuating that sorry ass narrative. Be better old man river. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yea, the claim is complete and total bullshit. Literally no one else on that field can legitimize his claim.

And neither can anyone else de-legitimize it.

The n-bomb is a pretty heinous and powerful word. If Mason rudolph used it more people would have been talking about it.

Not if no on else didn't hear it. 

Unfortunately Garrett is a cowardly fuck Boi and tried to save face for his totally bs actions by making it about race. You'd look a lot less like a terrible human being if you stopped perpetuating that sorry ass narrative. Be better old man river. 

I went into the whole issue about how, if this were a matter for a court of law, that it would be considered  a credible allegation.  You better go back and read those threads, because you clearly were too dumb to become educated the first time around. 

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There were plenty of players around gipper. If it was said it would have been heard or Garrett would have had even more of a reaction. Just own that Garrett lost his cool caught the ban hammer. 

29 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

There were plenty of players around gipper. If it was said it would have been heard or Garrett would have had even more of a reaction. Just own that Garrett lost his cool caught the ban hammer. 

Oh,  absolutely he lost his cool,  and overreacted to the racist comment directed at him.  No one debates that.  I just wonder what more of an "overreaction" you wanted out of Garrett?  He did drag Rudolph by the face mask, and he did slam his helmet at him....though it did nothing. What more of an over-reaction did you want? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The video shows him throwing several times. It's up there. 

Yes, OK  I did see him make a couple of throws.    I mean, he threw a football, that is all you saw.  I could have made those throws.  You could tell nothing from that. 

It remains to be seen how well he will do with that arm.  Like I said, others have had elbow injuries and have not done so well.  Some baseball players have had Tommy John surgery on their elbows and came back just fine.   We shall see.