THE BROWNS BOARD

Unemployment problem

Okay sure, I get it, a lot of people are out of work (in my opinion because of the overall reaction of State politicians but be that as it may...)

If the governor had any sense whatsoever he would include in his unemployment provision that wind businesses are allowed to reopen and the employers call the workers back, the unemployment benefit ceases. Just like in the real world unemployment requires a person to apply at least two places a week. You lose your benefits if you turn down work. That's as it should be. Unfortunately I think a lot of Americans are looking at this as a paid vacation. Just an extra Kick In The Head to already suffering us business.

WSS

I'm hearing from a few small business owners that some of their employees seem to be just as happy to stay home and collect a check rather than come back to work regardless safety precautions afforded them. Human nature to take the path of least resistance I suppose. But unemployment should stop the minute the business opens back up.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm hearing from a few small business owners that some of their employees seem to be just as happy to stay home and collect a check rather than come back to work regardless safety precautions afforded them. Human nature to take the path of least resistance I suppose. But unemployment should stop the minute the business opens back up.

WSS

goback.jpg