THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Offering Clowney the most cash

darren15

to much over think*ing 🤔 Adam... 

Schefter 'thinks'.. than, he confesses to it..... saying "I don't know" to each(3) of his thinks?  

might be the why? Adam thinks what he's thinking...https://theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/31/20842505/texans-jadeveon-clowney-trade-mess 

Clowney botches Dolphins trade of Tunsil? refuses to sign tag, to be traded to tanking* Dolphins..👀

Am even more surprised... Schefter sources 'Jake Trotter', that it is Berry/browns "offering the richest offer on the table & he hasn't taken it"...

best game Clowney played last season was at Joe Woods 9'ers... it might be Joe's table pounding the loudest    

I won't lie...I wanted him. But maybe it's for the best. I'm still miffed we didn't make a play for Mack. That would have been sick. 

Actually, I hear that the Browns, while offering the most money.......only offered him a one year  prove it deal.    And he wants to get a multi-year deal.

So, it may have nothing to do him not liking Cleveland or the Browns or the organization.  It may be a purely remuneration issue. 

And, I suspect that since it is only late May, he figures he has time to negotiate,.....since,  correct me if I am wrong,  no date has been set for any kind of  Training Camp, or OTAs etc. 

Eh, maybe it's cause he doesn't want to play for Cleveland, wouldn't be the first time.

The more logical situation to me seems to be he thinks he's worth top 5 DE money and even the Browns aren't offering him that type deal, or at least that type of deal long-term. The reason I think that more than "fuck the Browns" is the man is still unsigned going into June, almost two months after free agency has started. There's plenty of contenders with cap room. Fine without him though, I really don't see that much of an upgrade over Vernon candidly.

$17 - $20 million for a year with those stats?

No thanks.

Clowney finished his 2019 campaign in Seattle with 31 tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks through 13 games last season. As of now, the possibility of the star defensive end returning to Seattle remains on the table.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL. 

Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper? 

Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?

44 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?

He is thinking, likely,  that he wants  15 million over 3-4 seasons, which no one wants to come close to giving him. 

When you have as many injuries as him thus become an inconsistent asset... Don't expect the teams to fight for you so much. 

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?

Harper had two fantastic seasons, and a lot of "better than average" seasons. Point is, a lot was expected from both, and Bryce Harper isn't Mike Trout, and Clowney isn't Myles Garrett. 

My fear is that once again we get a guy who gets the bucks and then lays down for the duration😴. How many have we done that with in the last 5 years? The deal has to be tied with incentives or no money. Build in great incentives where he can earn huge bucks and I say go for it. Zip if he just fucks around out there.

• Upvote 1

Clowney needs to get Terrelle Pryor on the phone. A lot of pretty valid rumors he got offered from a good few teams (Browns included) $10-12 million a year on 3 year deal with almost $20 mil guaranteed. Sounds familiar? Clowney is one bad year away from being a league wanderer who everyone remembers for a college play (albeit one of the most awesome college plays I've ever seen live).

On 5/27/2020 at 9:57 PM, nickers said:

I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..

He may be using the BROWNS as a bargaining tool with other teams...... believe it or not those things do go on in the business world.  :o

Clowney + Garrett sounds like it might be a nice combo but will it happen ?

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

He may be using the BROWNS as a bargaining tool with other teams...... believe it or not those things do go on in the business world.  :o

Clowney + Garrett sounds like it might be a nice combo but will it happen ?

Hell no.. He's using the Browns as a bargaining chip.. I honestly believe he will settle for a prove it deal in seattle..

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Hell no.. He's using the Browns as a bargaining chip.. I honestly believe he will settle for a prove it deal in seattle..

Ahhh yes the off-season games that go on in every sport.

4 hours ago, nickers said:

If he can get the money he's looking for, good for him. He's in the prime of his career so this is the time he should be maximizing his value 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, darren15 said:

Schefter says we are offering the most and he turned us down ....fuck him

That early report was low ball stuff.... around $12mm in a "prove it" deal.

Now reportedly we're offering $18... and multi-year.

Another new report from Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk has the Browns allegedly offering $18 million dollars. Which is $3 million more than the Seattle Seahawks, who apparently offered Clowney $15 million but for only one year. Clowney is looking for more than a one-year deal, yet if rumors are to be true then he’s also looking for more than the best deal.

The Browns allegedly offered Clowney a multi-year deal, and if the $18 million is to believe then that’s easily the best deal that Clowney has been received Clowney came down from his original asking price of $20 million, and it was rumored he came down even further past the $18 million mark.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2020/06/08/cleveland-browns-rumor-jadeveon-clowney-18/

• Thanks 1