THE BROWNS BOARD

Juneteenth

Kvoethe

7 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Slavery ended in 1863 with the emancipation proclamation. Your precious holiday of Juneteenth, which is the stupidest, most ignorant sounding name ever, is when we white boys from Ohio and the rest of the north had given enough of our own blood to finally beat Texas into submission and therefore force them to release their slaves. 

So when they're willing to admit our people gave their lives for them to be free I'll think about acknowledging Juneteenth. 

Wondering if we should have just stayed home.

WSS

20 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Slavery ended in 1863 with the emancipation proclamation. Your precious holiday of Juneteenth, which is the stupidest, most ignorant sounding name ever, is when we white boys from Ohio and the rest of the north had given enough of our own blood to finally beat Texas into submission and therefore force them to release their slaves. 

So when they're willing to admit our people gave their lives for them to be free I'll think about acknowledging Juneteenth. 

You are kidding right? You think the traitors down south let all their slaves go free after Emancipation proclamation? Slavery wasn't over in the US until everyone in the US was set free. Non Cheetos Jesus, this shit isn't that difficult. 

Nice that you still see "them" as "them".  

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You are kidding right? You think the traitors down south let all their slaves go free after Emancipation proclamation? Slavery wasn't over in the US until everyone in the US was set free. Non Cheetos Jesus, this shit isn't that difficult. 

Oh go fuck off dipshit. 

11 hours ago, cccjwh said:

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch. Sorry Columbus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/505449-gop-senators-debate-replacing-columbus-day-with-juneteenth-as-a-federal

Republican senators are debating whether Juneteenth, a day that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States, should replace Columbus Day on the federal government’s list of official holidays.

A bipartisan bill sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) to make Juneteenth a federal holiday is being held up by an internal Senate GOP squabble.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), an outspoken budget hawk, doesn’t want to add another paid holiday to the calendar.

Johnson says if Juneteenth is made a federal holiday, another paid federal holiday should come off the schedule. He’s proposing scrapping Columbus Day but is open to eliminating another holiday instead.

“I’m just saying let’s replace it with something. I chose Columbus Day just because it’s probably the most lightly celebrated and less disruptive to anybody’s schedule” to cut from the calendar of federal holidays, he said. 

Johnson on Wednesday said “we have an alternate bill” and that he is “talking to some of my colleagues.”

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Ouch. Sorry Columbus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/505449-gop-senators-debate-replacing-columbus-day-with-juneteenth-as-a-federal

Republican senators are debating whether Juneteenth, a day that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States, should replace Columbus Day on the federal government’s list of official holidays.

A bipartisan bill sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) to make Juneteenth a federal holiday is being held up by an internal Senate GOP squabble.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), an outspoken budget hawk, doesn’t want to add another paid holiday to the calendar.

Johnson says if Juneteenth is made a federal holiday, another paid federal holiday should come off the schedule. He’s proposing scrapping Columbus Day but is open to eliminating another holiday instead.

“I’m just saying let’s replace it with something. I chose Columbus Day just because it’s probably the most lightly celebrated and less disruptive to anybody’s schedule” to cut from the calendar of federal holidays, he said. 

Johnson on Wednesday said “we have an alternate bill” and that he is “talking to some of my colleagues.”

Fuck Juneteenth.