THE BROWNS BOARD

Columbus Corruption

Bob806

19 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

my Wife just got me to watch that news on TV - unbelievable corruption. He's a disgrace.

He's a republican, too - I expected him to be a democrat. lol

• Upvote 1

image.png.4e4014fc30cdd474d8d7a9b613021d2e.png

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdoh/pr/us-attorney-fbi-announce-charges-related-60-million-bribe-state-official-associates

RICO Case.

These generally get rolled up from the bottom to the top   .   .   .   what's at the top here ?

image.png.64ecd3c13fc164a261eee6ae7dfcbf01.png

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/state/feds-to-detail-charges-in-60m-ohio-public-corruption-case

I believe this was one of the many Sealed Indictments from the monthly count.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

my Wife just got me to watch that news on TV - unbelievable corruption. He's a disgrace.

He's a republican, too - I expected him to be a democrat. lol

If it's the Ohio statehouse, chances are real good its an R. 

The whole thing sucks. I remember all the commercials about HB6, now we can see why there was opposition. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gorka said:

Finally a Republican in the news charged with wrongdoing!

That should give some solace and relief to our liberal friends overwhelmed by democrat corruption.

If it's not about Trump they don't care...TDS!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bob806 said:

If it's the Ohio statehouse, chances are real good its an R. 

The whole thing sucks. I remember all the commercials about HB6, now we can see why there was opposition. 

If it’s a city government chances are it’s D.

Jimmy Dimora & Frank Russo come to mind.

26 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

If it’s a city government chances are it’s D.

Jimmy Dimora & Frank Russo come to mind.

Right. It's almost as if Ohio has 84 counties that lean R, and 4 lean D.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You might be right, if I recall Dimora got 27 years.

But he was recently paroled due to Covid 19.

There is no parole in Federal system.  I looked him up and he is still listed as confined at Elkton.

JAMES C DIMORA
Register Number: 56275-060
Race:  White
Sex:  Male
Located at: Elkton FCI
Release Date: 02/11/2036

Under the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, Congress eliminated parole for federal defendants convicted of crimes committed after November 1, 1987. But while federal prisoners can no longer look forward to parole release, they may nevertheless earn reduced terms for good behavior. And, even though federal parole has been all but eliminated, at the time of sentencing, judges can add a period of “supervised release” to be served at the end of a defendant’s prison sentence.

(For more on this area of law, see Probation and Supervised Release in Federal Court.)

Congress eliminated parole in part because of a fear of unpredictable outcomes. A prisoner given a 20-year sentence could sometimes be released on parole after only a few short years. Even though the parole board had to consider each prisoner’s likelihood of committing another crime, Congress was concerned about the release of potentially dangerous convicts who hadn’t spent enough time behind bars.

Time off for Good Behavior

Even though federal prisoners sentenced in recent history can’t get parole, they may still earn early release for “exemplary” behavior. For example, progress toward a high-school diploma or the equivalent may shave time off a sentence. Prisoners serving sentences of more than a year but less than life can earn up to 54 days per year off their sentences for good behavior. (18 U.S.C. § 3624(b).)

Supervised Release

The Sentencing Reform Act didn’t stop judges from sentencing defendants to supervised release, which is served immediately after a prison term. Federal prisoners under this form of supervision can be returned to prison for violations. The federal parole board (discussed more below) is responsible for prisoners who are out on supervised release.

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

There is no parole in Federal system.  I looked him up and he is still listed as confined at Elkton.

JAMES C DIMORA
Register Number: 56275-060
Race:  White
Sex:  Male
Located at: Elkton FCI
Release Date: 02/11/2036

There was a news item a couple of weeks ago on TV about Dimora being released due to his age, health, and Covid 19.

There was supposed to be a follow up on it, but I either missed it or it wasn’t shown.