THE BROWNS BOARD

Ratings Crash for NBA, MLB After Protest-Filled Debuts

Vambo

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/02/ratings-crash-nba-mlb-after-protest-filled-debut/

Ratings Crash for NBA, MLB After Protest-Filled Debuts

618,240 LeBron JamesGetty Images/Sean M. Haffey
Warner Todd Huston
2 Aug 2020153,532
2:20

As the NBA and MLB return from their coronavirus-imposed hiatus, it appears TV viewers are not interested in what the increasingly woke leagues have to offer.

Could it possibly be people aren't interested because when you come right down to it- it's a phony season, protests or not? I found plenty of alternate things to do Sundays in "The Dark 3 Years" of no Browns football back in the late 90s. Can count the number of NFL games I watched in that time frame on my fingers. The same may well be happening now.... 

My not so bold prediction. NFL viewership will be down by a ton if they try and play this fall. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Sunday Ticket to watch whatever the Browns may dish up this year, and hope the local OTA guys carry several games. Or hope my financially secure pal doesn't cancel, and invites me over to watch the games.... 

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Could it possibly be people aren't interested because when you come right down to it- it's a phony season, protests or not? I found plenty of alternate things to do Sundays in "The Dark 3 Years" of no Browns football back in the late 90s. Can count the number of NFL games I watched in that time frame on my fingers. The same may well be happening now.... 

My not so bold prediction. NFL viewership will be down by a ton if they try and play this fall. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Sunday Ticket to watch whatever the Browns may dish up this year, and hope the local OTA guys carry several games. Or hope my financially secure pal doesn't cancel, and invites me over to watch the games.... 

for some folks, I'm sure that's true - but I believe a LOT of folks are sick of the politics - the kneeling, any blm whatever. I won't go to any Browns game this year because of that. I'll never be one to accept the disrespect for our Flag and Anthem just because there is a complaint, even if they do have a legit complaint. Far too many Americans have died for our country, including the Revolutionary War, so that our Flag would still wave and freedom would prevail. I won't even record the first several minutes of the games - I'll set it 5 minutes/maybe more...late to start recording.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

no doubt that's part of the problem and no doubt that when the team symbolically gives 85% of the fans the finger they lose at least a little bit of the enthusiasm to cheer for these guys. Also human beings at every level have an unfortunate tendency to drift towards the path of least resistance. Give anybody an excuse to slack off no matter what the job is and a lot if not most people will take it.

WSS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

no doubt that's part of the problem and no doubt that when the team symbolically gives 85% of the fans the finger they lose at least a little bit of the enthusiasm to cheer for these guys. Also human beings at every level have an unfortunate tendency to drift towards the path of least resistance. Give anybody an excuse to slack off no matter what the job is and a lot if not most people will take it.

WSS

How do you figure 85%?

Don't know who you're arguing with but I just said it was part of it. 

Baseball is losing its Appeal on many fronts. One of which is seeing a line of players whining about oppression who came to the United States from places like Nicaragua Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

85% Just meant 85% of the population is white people.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't know who you're arguing with but I just said it was part of it. 

Baseball is losing its Appeal on many fronts. One of which is seeing a line of players whining about oppression who came to the United States from places like Nicaragua Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

85% Just meant 85% of the population is white people.

WSS

So you think every white person takes the BLM protest as a "middle finger"?

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

well, since it is MEANT to be a "middle finger" why not?

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Nope. There are some self-loathing whites out there. For sure. The middle finger is still directed towards them though. No amount of No amount of groveling or kissing the feet can absolve the white race from the inherent evil privilege.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Nope. There are some self-loathing whites out there. For sure. The middle finger is still directed towards them though. No amount of No amount of groveling or kissing the feet can absolve the white race from the inherent evil privilege.

WSS

Ok so you're just choosing to take BLM as a "middle finger to every white person". Gotcha.

Also, we aren't 85% of the US Population. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok so you're just choosing to take BLM as a "middle finger to every white person". Gotcha.

good finally. They don't care that you are distraught over your white privilege. They think reparations should come from you too.

Also, we aren't 85% of the US Population. 

oh how I would guess that the percentage of football fans is close to that. If not it isn't far off.

WSS

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Cute...a black female billionaire whining about white privileged people of this country.

• Upvote 1