THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Anderson be booed?

David Sentendrey

Sorry for another silly QB thread, but I was wondering, if Anderson wins the starting job, how bad will the booe's be at Browns Stadium for opening day?

It will be pretty sad to see, if it happens. I think D.A. is the better quarterback for our team, but sadly, our fans will not give him a chance.

I love our fans, we always stick with our team through thick and thin, but when D.A. was booed after his injury last season against the Colts, I was ashamed of some of our fans.

D.A. is still young. In his first full season as a starter, he put up better numbers than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady compared to their first seasons. I'm not saying he is the second coming, but give the kid a chance.

Besides D.A.'s ability to sling the ball, I have never seen a QB for the Browns who stands in the pocket so poised. When Quinn is at the helm, he seems so nervous after every snap, running around like his shoes are on fire and hurries his throws.

I love the fact that Quinn is a Browns fan, close enough to being a hometown kid, but I do not think he is the best QB on our roster. I will fully support him if he is our QB, I just want a fair competition and hope that if D.A. wins, fans respect him as a person and don't turn into the a-holes that NFL fans across the country assume we are.

I hear about all the good throws Quinn had against the Broncos and Bills, but what about the Texans? That was a pitiful performance and honestly, Phil Dawson won that game in Buffalo while Quinn couldn't find the endzone to save his life.

I know D.A. has made some big mistakes, i.e. Cincinnati two seasons ago, home game against Steelers last season with the INT before half, etc.

I just think D.A. has a higher ceiling that Quinn. I know Quinn is a work-horse in the film room, but I think D.A. has it more naturally.

Sorry for another silly QB thread, but I was wondering, if Anderson wins the starting job, how bad will the booe's be at Browns Stadium for opening day?

It will be pretty sad to see, if it happens. I think D.A. is the better quarterback for our team, but sadly, our fans will not give him a chance.

I love our fans, we always stick with our team through thick and thin, but when D.A. was booed after his injury last season against the Colts, I was ashamed of some of our fans.

D.A. is still young. In his first full season as a starter, he put up better numbers than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady compared to their first seasons. I'm not saying he is the second coming, but give the kid a chance.

Besides D.A.'s ability to sling the ball, I have never seen a QB for the Browns who stands in the pocket so poised. When Quinn is at the helm, he seems so nervous after every snap, running around like his shoes are on fire and hurries his throws.

I love the fact that Quinn is a Browns fan, close enough to being a hometown kid, but I do not think he is the best QB on our roster. I will fully support him if he is our QB, I just want a fair competition and hope that if D.A. wins, fans respect him as a person and don't turn into the a-holes that NFL fans across the country assume we are.

I hear about all the good throws Quinn had against the Broncos and Bills, but what about the Texans? That was a pitiful performance and honestly, Phil Dawson won that game in Buffalo while Quinn couldn't find the endzone to save his life.

I know D.A. has made some big mistakes, i.e. Cincinnati two seasons ago, home game against Steelers last season with the INT before half, etc.

I just think D.A. has a higher ceiling that Quinn. I know Quinn is a work-horse in the film room, but I think D.A. has it more naturally.

He won't get booed if sticks Braylon with a 25 yard out pattern on the first series.

Who gives a F anyway? Our defense gets run over over like the keystone cops every year and somebody is worried if our QB will get booed.

If we f***ing win, no one will get booed.

Zombo

He won't get booed if sticks Braylon with a 25 yard out pattern on the first series.

Who gives a F anyway? Our defense gets run over over like the keystone cops every year and somebody is worries if our QB will get booed.

Zombo

Simply put and well said! :)

Who gives a F anyway? Our defense gets run over over like the keystone cops every year and somebody is worried if our QB will get booed.

Zombo

This is one of the few times I disagree with you. DA came in and took a team with several years of pathetic records and a pathetic defense to 10 and 5, and had guys week to week on this board after his head.

He's gonna have to win 'em all to make some of the guys here happy. I've seen predictions of 5-7wins with Quinn being reasonable this year, same as back in '07 with Frye. He could go 13 and 3 and then come up against the eventual Superbowl champ in the first round of the playoffs and lose and there'd be people here demanding a trade or a benching. I'm afraid the Browns would have to win 'em all to keep the kid from getting booed.

I think most fans will give mangini the benefit of the doubt no matter who he chooses...i believe DA would not get booed unless he started the multiple interception thing/bad discision passing..combined with a couple loses would equal consistant booing that would force mangini to rethink his decision....;)

This is one of the few times I disagree with you. DA came in and took a team with several years of pathetic records and a pathetic defense to 10 and 5, and had guys week to week on this board after his head.

He's gonna have to win 'em all to make some of the guys here happy. I've seen predictions of 5-7wins with Quinn being reasonable this year, same as back in '07 with Frye. He could go 13 and 3 and then come up against the eventual Superbowl champ in the first round of the playoffs and lose and there'd be people here demanding a trade or a benching. I'm afraid the Browns would have to win 'em all to keep the kid from getting booed.

Might want to go re-read "the boards" for the 1st half of that season, buck. Out-side of a douche or two, 99.9% of the board was singing his praises until the 2nd Pittspile game.

I think most fans will give mangini the benefit of the doubt no matter who he chooses...i believe DA would not get booed unless he started the multiple interception thing/bad discision passing..combined with a couple loses would equal consistant booing that would force mangini to rethink his decision....;)

If booing fans forced mangini to rethink the decision, we have the wrong guy as coach.

If a coach starts making decisions based on what the clueless masses want, he isn't going to have much of a career.

Just because politicians waffle like that doesn't mean it is the way it should be done.

JMO.

Let's put it this way...if BQ starts and sucks it up...it won't take long for the boo-birds to come out and laments of "we gave up a 1st and a 2nd for this bum?" start making their way across this and other boards.

Likewise, if DA starts and sucks it up...it won't take long for the boo-birds and comments of "we TOLD you he sucked" are rampant.

However, no matter which QB starts...if they play AT LEAST solid (and by that I mean don't LOSE games themselves)...then they will likely be given the benefit of the doubt as Mangini doesn't seem to be the kind of coach to "flip a coin" or go by any type of favoritism. The starter will be seen to have won the job...so we will be content with that.

Cry me a river.

I could give two you-know-whats if DerBear's feelings get hurt. He's a multi-millionaire due to the tickets purchased by the people posting on these boards. He's chosen to be a professional athlete ("entertainer") and this comes with the territory.

Directly on your point, however, I call bullshit again. DA had his chance to shut up his critics last year. What did he do? He sucked. Worst rated passer in the NFL last year. Worst. Yeah, his team sucked too. But, he did less with his crappy team than any other QB in the league.

So, if he'd come in and shown even the same level of play from the previous year, he'd be the named starter. This is discounting what I would have expected which would have been an improved QB from his break out year.

What it looks like (again, maybe he grows out maybe he doesn't) is that we've got a strong armed QB in DA with the same chronic limitations that aren't going away.

If he comes out and shows improvement and wins 13 games for us this year, and loses the first playoff game..... he'll be embraced.

Really pathetic, whiny, crying, little-girl post D&S. You're usually better than that.

If Anderson starts, I believe BQ Nation will be relatively quiet. That's because they can't just say "Romeo's an idiot and that's the only reason DA starts"

It should say, "If Anderson starts AND PLAYS WELL...".

You're still trying to tell us that we should have blind faith in the last year's worst rated passer. That he has no accountability for his results last year because everything around him sucked.

You're a complete jackass (which you already know, cultivate, and enjoy.... such an odd duck.... hrm an Oregan pun?).

What would be irrational is NOT evaluating DA's long term viability and assuming he's somehow the answer. (Again, irrational another way to define the virtual dipshit known as Lum.)

If booing fans forced mangini to rethink the decision, we have the wrong guy as coach.

If a coach starts making decisions based on what the clueless masses want, he isn't going to have much of a career.

Just because politicians waffle like that doesn't mean it is the way it should be done.

JMO.

Lol not by crowd boo alone!

Mangini has already said he will ride out the storm with whichever guy he chooses but a clammering booing home crowd will potentially bring the new regime under fire from lerner and rethinking his decision doesnt mean he changes his mind but it could effect his future either way...

If for instance DA is deemed the best chance to win and looks awesome during the preseason and convinces us all he is the man and gets the start and then throws 3 picks 5 bad passes and scores 0 touchdowns in game one and then 2 picks and 3 near picks in the second game and then 2 back to back picks retured for TDs in the 3rd game at baltimore now 0-3 and coming home for game 4 any good coach would have to consider changing quarterbacks we all know these things can and do happen so i didnt mean rethinking the dicision entirely on crowd reaction alone! ;)

If Anderson starts, I believe BQ Nation will be relatively quiet. That's because they can't just say "Romeo's an idiot and that's the only reason DA starts"

Anyway you slice it it, you will always be able to say RAC is an idiot. DA started cause you can't bench a guy who got to the Pro Bowl, even if he sucked and was an alternate.

Archived