THE BROWNS BOARD

So... Trump Just Said It Out Loud (Mail In Voting)

MLD Woody

On 8/15/2020 at 2:42 PM, hoorta said:

Steve- I won't look up the exact- but the short of it is "Mostly True"....  Now the MAGA defenders can say the USPS is only removing underutilized boxes... Ok, I'll buy that, but it looks bad.  In the local paper today, the postmaster did say those automated mail sorters are out of commission here in Dayton- and I have to wonder why. 

With the rapid decline of first class postage, do you think it would be wise to ADD mailboxes?

On 8/15/2020 at 11:17 AM, calfoxwc said:

Then GOD BLESS YA. I love getting mail, especially when it's something important I was hoping to have come in.

1. If my first point is false, I'm sorry, but I read a lot. Is it not true?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/usps-workers-union-endorses-biden-citing-threat-to-postal-service-survival/ar-BB17Yyxi?ocid=uxbndlbing

Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival ...https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/...21 hours ago · Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival' of USPS is at stake The endorsement comes after the president's resistance to Postal Service funding, amid his fight against expanded...

USPS Union Gives Biden, Harris Endorsement as Trump Says ...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/usps-union...USPS Union Gives Biden, Harris Endorsement as Trump Says He Opposed More Funding for Agency Joe Biden has received the endorsement of the National Association of Letter Carriers on …

2. As to my second point, I did overstate it, but look at the trend:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/postal-service-broke-law-in-pushing-time-off-for-workers-to-campaign-for-clinton-investigation-finds/2017/07/19/3292741c-6ca0-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html

However, I am sure a lot of poster workers, who do work hard, voted for Pres Trump and VP Pence last time. I'm not talking about the rank and file, I'm talking about the UNION. Remember, my Wife is very conservative, and there was a time when she was badgered aggressively, got hostile about it in her face...... by their union rep because she wouldn't say she'd be voting for the dem running for pres. Her friends/teachers jumped all over her and said she'd better apologize fast before I found out. LOL.

So, I differentiate between the union, and rank and file members. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

3. I mispoke - I should have said "to hell with the USPS UNION".

It's strange to me - plenty of people in a union don't vote the way they are told, but what the heck is up with union hierarchies being so democrat oriented? Just my take on that.

Unions are very rarely good for the company or the workers in the long run. They aren't entirely evil, probably nothing is, but unfortunately, has in government, their main goal is to solidify the power of those in charge of the Union. And if United States federal workers are unionized we might as well take off the gloves and let the private Industry have a fair shot.

WSS

On 8/16/2020 at 1:08 PM, D Bone said:

Yep. It sure seems like I have been hearing about mail-in-ballot-corruption from both sides for what feels like forever... It has gotten louder from the left in recent days though.

I stand corrected........

"Trump floats idea that fraud could lead to re-do of November election"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-floats-idea-fraud-could-164240692.html

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

I stand corrected........

"Trump floats idea that fraud could lead to re-do of November election"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-floats-idea-fraud-could-164240692.html

Just like in his alternate reality he thinks he can change the date of the election.... The short of it? No way in hell...  The date for the actual casting of  electoral votes is... "Each state's electors meet in their respective state capitals on the first Monday after the second Wednesday of December to cast their votes." That's December 14th this year... Redoing the election in that time frame is pure crack smoking, another college try- and fail- by DT to backdoor change the date of the election...  Anyway, there would be federal lawsuits aplenty from the states calling it out as pure Trump horse manure.... 

Then Congress counts the votes .....  "Congress shall be in session on the sixth day of January succeeding every meeting of the electors. The Senate and House of Representatives shall meet in the Hall of the House of Representatives at the hour of 1 o’clock in the afternoon on that day, and the President of the Senate shall be their presiding officer. Two tellers shall be previously appointed on the part of the Senate and two on the part of the House of Representatives, to whom shall be handed, as they are opened by the President of the Senate, all the certificates and papers purporting to be certificates of the electoral votes, which certificates and papers shall be opened, presented, and acted upon in the alphabetical order of the  states, beginning with the letter A." 

But do contest it Mr. Trump (assuming you lose), because if you're still disputing it... You'll be shaking hands with President Pelosi January 20th... :D  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

But do contest it Mr. Trump (assuming you lose), because if you're still disputing it... You'll be shaking hands with President Pelosi January 20th... :D  

..... and may God help us all. 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:44 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Bring the popcorn- LeJoy is about to get dry roasted Friday....  Harris needs to lead the inquiry.... No wonder Trump hates her.. In a Congressional investigation, she turned one of his lackeys into a crying "I want my Mommy" moment. when he refused to answer a pointed question. (that would make his boss look bad) Kamala wasn't elected a State Attorney General for no reason..... 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Postmaster General. Post office is in the shitter because it hasn't really been asked to compete in the real world and this guy has been successful in business. That's what we need today the post office has to compete with the private sector even though you new Democrats favor, and always have, just pouring tax dollars into inefficient systems. You only hate the guy because of your irrational hate for Trump. Qualifications? I think we can all expect when the mentally defective Biden takes office the qualifications will be Union hack decided by skin color and gender.

WSS

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Its amazing how fast this conspiracy theory bullshit about the post office took off.  Just another witch hunt by the demscum.

Exactly, and Hoorta and Woodpecker were all over it, and Tex chimed in.

The left uses lies as manipulative tools to get more power.

no integrity at all.