THE BROWNS BOARD

ESPN’s Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit will make their NFL broadcasting debut on MNF

mjp28

Should be an interesting football year in 2020 in college and the pros.   And another new MNF announcer team in the booth for the season.

One of the best broadcasting crews in the business is going pro. ESPN’s Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit will make their NFL broadcasting debut during the first “Monday Night Football” game of the season, the network announced Monday.

Fowler and Herbstreit have been ESPN’s top college football broadcasting team the past couple seasons. With the college season in limbo, the pair will get at least one shot at calling an NFL game together. The team will be in the booth when the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the New York Giants on “Monday Night Football” on Sept. 14. That game is the first of a Monday night doubleheader.

ESPN’s new “Monday Night Football” team of Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick will call the second game — which features the Tennessee Titans against the Denver Broncos. ESPN confirmed that crew — which also includes Lisa Salters and John Parry — in a statement Monday.

Fowler, 57, said he was excited to make his NFL debut with Herbstreit. Fowler also mentioned it could be a busy weekend for him.

The “Monday Night Football” game between the Steelers and Giants will take place a day after the U.S. Open. Fowler has called games at the event in the past, and it sounds like he’ll fill that role again. It’s also possible Fowler and Herbstreit will call an ACC game Sept. 12.

These two - unlike some others - deserve this job. They are real pros without any nonsense. Last year's crew was kind of comical. Do you really want a guy named "Booger" commenting on a game? Of course, that wasn't bad as having Booger roam the sidelines in his electric, moving desk. 

Fowler i can deal with..Homer Herbie gets a little to referee'ish at times...But i always have liked John Parry even as a official..Should be some good slobber knockers between the two? 😷 😷.. that's right!I I said slobber knocker... Is that now a finable offense from the CDC?