THE BROWNS BOARD

Should the FCC step in?

Gorka

Social media censoring conservative voices constitutes election interference, I think its time.

Very disturbing:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/corinne-weaver/2020/08/18/censored-big-tech-silences-over-260-biden-critics

The Media Research Center’s TechWatch division has been collecting and independently verifying incidents of online censorship since March 2020. Between April 1, 2020 and August 10, 2020, 260 users had posts or accounts censored due to their criticisms of Biden. Roughly half (129) of the incidents were reported and verified on Facebook. A nearly identical number (131 incidents) were reported and verified on Twitter. 

“Of course that’s election interference,” said social media researcher and psychologist Dr. Robert Epstein. The former editor of Psychology Today also argued to the Media Research Center that this kind of censorship “could be considered a valuable, undeclared, in-kind contribution to a political campaign, which is unlawful.” 

Associate Director and Lecturer of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at University of Pennsylvania Jonathan Anomaly stated to the Media Research Center, “What the tech companies are doing clearly violates both the social norm of free speech and the legal obligations they were supposed to abide by when Congress classified them as platforms rather than publishers.”

He referred to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which gave immunity to online platforms from lawsuits, provided that they stay neutral. But according to Anomaly, “the Tech companies are illicitly taking sides.” 

Web-Ad-Small-FCC.png

• Upvote 1

It's worse than that - it's election INTERFERENCE> CNN is planning? to cut away again and again all throught the RNC convention for "fact checking" and arguing, keeping the RNC messages segmented, interrupted, and argued real time against.

they do that, and it's election interference, especially since they never did that to the dems.

Oh, the election interference, defrauding is all in with the dems.

getting dangerous. They desperately want their power back, and plan to never let it go again.

(btw, word is out, the dems plan to screw up the election with fraud so badly, that a president can't be declared in time, so Nancy Pelosi would step in as pres??????? WHAT? that is the mail in ballot ulterior motive here.

https://occasion-to-be.com/forum/index.php?topic=436224.0#:~:text=CNN host Brian Stelter announced Sunday that the,snore fest that was the Democratic National Convention.

occasion-to-be.com?

Where do you find this shit?

But yes, it is awful that the only way you can watch the convention is on CNN and there are no other broadcasts to view. 

And of fucking course the Reps are going on and on about nonsense election fraud claims and anti mail in ballot claims. They want their excuse ready if they lose in November.

Hell, part of me wants Biden to win just so we can see what happens

I would imagine the people who hate the Republicans and Trump will watch the convention, if they do it all I doubt it, on CNN or MSNBC to listen to the anchors carping about everything. Like if I have a choice I listen to the Browns games on the radio with Doug Dieken and Jimmy Donovan and not whoever the rat fucks from Pittsburgh are.

As far as trying to muzzle independent Networks? I don't see that as an option. I know the Democrats I tried to do it for years with the fairness Doctrine because they hate Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. But of course it's hypocritical because the left has 90% of the rest of the media.

Here's what might possibly someday happen. There could be something like the fairness Doctrine when Google Etc becomes synonymous with news coverage. Kind of like the way you have to call the product Kleenex brand tissues instead of just Kleenex. When Kleenex becomes the accepted name is no longer a trademark and is subject the fair in normal use. Kind of sucks doesn't it?

WSS

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ah yes, the victimized conservative...

"Data" from a conservative think tank, what else do you need? 

These are private companies and conservatives could post somewhere else? Nonsense

There are justified bannings? Liberals get hit too? No, nonsense. 

But if it true then it's true.. regardless of how much disdain you have for the source.

So you don't believe anything that was written in that piece? The data is all false?

Ok then if it's all false, what in heavens name is there to be gained from these "false claims"???

Dennis Prager went before congress to testify. Many of his Prager U videos were banned. Do you think he was lying too?

9 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But if it true then it's true.. regardless of how much disdain you have for the source.

So you don't believe anything that was written in that piece? The data is all false?

Ok then if it's all false, what in heavens name is there to be gained from these "false claims"???

Dennis Prager went before congress to testify. Many of his Prager U videos were banned. Do you think he was lying too?

The Woodpecker hates almost everybody.

WSS

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Soccer fan, Michigan fan...

😝

Seriously we'd probably all have a great time if we get together and drink some beer.

WSS

Soccer?

I suppose that answers everything. The least cerebral game ever. 

Great game for children.

A simpletons game in which the coach during the match does nothing but be a cheerleader.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Soccer?

I suppose that answers everything. The least cerebral game ever. 

Great game for children.

A simpletons game in which the coach during the match does nothing but be a cheerleader.

Well probably a little bit generational too, Suburban soccer moms don't want their kids playing Real Sports where they might encounter Negroes. 😏

WSS

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Woodys probably a wheat tea drinking vegan.

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

vegan?

how dare you

OK, shit's about to get real.... I will not stand for veganism. 

No wait. I will not stand for Anti-veganism. I'm all for veganism... I think

Dammit, I don't even know what I'm offended by. 

• Haha 4

On 8/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, MLD Woody said:

occasion-to-be.com?

Where do you find this shit?

But yes, it is awful that the only way you can watch the convention is on CNN and there are no other broadcasts to view. 

And of fucking course the Reps are going on and on about nonsense election fraud claims and anti mail in ballot claims. They want their excuse ready if they lose in November.

Hell, part of me wants Biden to win just so we can see what happens

Well there's always C-SPAN.   ZZZZzzzzzooooo.  -_-.    Or Trump's favorite the TNN TRUMP News Network FOX.   :lol:

Or the daily 10 pm EDT networks quickee wrap-up show.    So there you go......

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My younger brother and his wife are vegans.  Although I think his wife is a liar.  She is too fat to be a Vegan, and he is skinny as a rail.

Me at 52 and just after reading your comment and literally snorting out loud..... not all vegans are skinny!  

EDIT: Removed my shirtless picture due to growing concerns of it becoming a gay meme.  

• Haha 1