THE BROWNS BOARD

New Studies show hydroxycholoquine DOES WORK

calfoxwc

Another dirty hateful leftwing LIE bites the dust.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-studies-hcq-covid-hospitalizations-deaths

New studies show risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and death decreases with hydroxychloroquine use

The drug has been politicized in the US

• Upvote 1

The Blaze doesn't meet Woodys and Hoortas approval as a valid source, so I posted a section from the link The Blaze provided.

An Italian observational study contributes to the ongoing debate regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine in the current pandemic. The research, conducted on 3,451 patients treated in 33 hospitals throughout the Italian territory (list of participating centers attached), shows that the use of this drug reduces by 30% the risk of death in hospitalized patients affected by Covid-19.

Published in the European Journal of Internal Medicine, the study was coordinated by the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention of the I.R.C.C.S. Neuromed, Pozzilli, in collaboration with Mediterranea Cardiocentro, Naples, and the University of Pisa, with the participation of 33 hospitals forming the CORIST collaboration (COvid-19 RISk and Treatments). Researchers analyzed data regarding current and previous diseases, therapies followed before the infection and drugs administered in the hospital specifically for the treatment of COVID-19. All this information was compared with the evolution and the final in-hospital outcome of the infection.

image.png.6399027d02877139f14e34ae52297d65.png

Everyone's seen the stories of a few Dems (lower level) that were saved by getting HCQ.

If you don't think the upper Leadership has been taking them you're fooling themselves.

That one "crazy" Doctor challenged them to submit a Urine sample - haven't seen any takers.

21 hours ago, Gorka said:

The Blaze doesn't meet Woodys and Hoortas approval as a valid source, so I posted a section from the link The Blaze provided.

An Italian observational study contributes to the ongoing debate regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine in the current pandemic. The research, conducted on 3,451 patients treated in 33 hospitals throughout the Italian territory (list of participating centers attached), shows that the use of this drug reduces by 30% the risk of death in hospitalized patients affected by Covid-19.

Published in the European Journal of Internal Medicine, the study was coordinated by the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention of the I.R.C.C.S. Neuromed, Pozzilli, in collaboration with Mediterranea Cardiocentro, Naples, and the University of Pisa, with the participation of 33 hospitals forming the CORIST collaboration (COvid-19 RISk and Treatments). Researchers analyzed data regarding current and previous diseases, therapies followed before the infection and drugs administered in the hospital specifically for the treatment of COVID-19. All this information was compared with the evolution and the final in-hospital outcome of the infection.

Damn right it doesn't Gorka.... I want double blind with controlled results... It might work, but it probably doesn't.... I gave my patients oleandrin and they did better too... JAMA had to do a retraction over shoddy covid research- I'll wait and see how this stands up to peer review.... Don't try and argue medicine with me, you're out of your league.... 

FWIW regarding Uganda that you and Vambo just love to cite....  

"East African populations are heavily affected by infectious diseases [14], including malaria [15], tuberculosis [16], HIV/AIDS [17], leishmaniasis [18], schistosomiasis [19], and viral hemorrhagic fever [20], [21], [22]. For each of these diseases, HLA diversity plays a crucial role in the host-pathogen interaction, affecting the rates of disease acquisition and outcome [23], [24], [25], [26], [27], [28], [29], [30], [31]. Nevertheless, and with few exceptions [32], [33], [34], [35], [36], [37], [38], [39], [40], class I HLA genetic diversity of East African populations remains incompletely described, one of the main impediments for the design and evaluation of preventive vaccines for this region [41]."

The assay is intended for use in discriminating carriers of the most common HLA alleles in East Africa from non-carriers. A panel of 175 specimens sampled in Kampala, Uganda, previously characterized by SBT [33], was used to assess the performance of the platform (see Table S5 for a complete list of the genotypes). Performance of the HLA-A typing system was tested on 125 samples representing 63 different genotypes, composed exclusively of addressed alleles (Table 9). Carriers and non-carriers of all 14 addressed alleles could be unequivocally discriminated, rendering genotypes that were fully concordant with those obtained by SBT. Similarly, the 141 samples whose genotypes were composed exclusively of addressed HLA-B alleles were typed with 100% sensitivity and specificity. Note that in this case the validation panel represented 83 different genotypes, combining 21/23 addressed alleles. HLA-B*2703 and B*5701 were not represented in the current panel, but the assay was able to correctly detect them in specimens from Tanzania and Kenya that had been identified as carriers of these alleles by SBT (data not shown). Finally, 151 specimens that were exclusively carriers of the 12 addressed HLA-C alleles and that represented 59 different genotypes, were typed with this novel platform. Obtained results were fully concordant with those of SBT."

OH- no comprendo?  Let me take it down to the MAGA level....  It's entirely possible the predominate HLA type of folks in Uganda (even more simply for simpletons) that's the genomic structure of their white cells- ya know- the cells covid attacks- makes them more naturally immune to the disease.  ___________________________________________________________________________ 

But there's more pal.... in my 40 years of life in the Medical community- I've met hundreds of Doctors... My best lifelong friend who I have my season tickets with (and has had two heart surgeries) is a retired neurologist. I even have two Doctors (Basil and Bruce) who I consider friends in our Wine Club. They're not self prescribing the Trump miracle cure- wonder why?  BECAUSE If hydroxy is so f**king effective, every doctor I've ever known would be prescribing it like Halloween candy not only for their patients- but also themselves.... 

But do keep on believing the quack Dr. Lysol... That it's some kind of political plot to discredit him....  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

no, too many are liberals - and wouldn't prescribe penicillin to a republican who had a bad infection just because

Trump liked Penicillin.

Really?  Please find a sympathetic Doctor who can prescribe you some anti psychotic medicine pronto.....  

Trump also loves lemmings who believe anything he says....  The above,  as my friend Mr. Spock would say is "highly illogical"  Doctors take the Hippocratic oath to help people. If you actually think that, you most definitely are losing it Cal....  Kindly engage brain before you spew.... 

BTW, the vast majority of Doctors happen to be Republicans. Shit, you're trying (and failing badly)  to spin anything drumming up a false narrative and grasping at straws.... You're painting yourself farther and farther into a corner (from my POV) as being labelled a right wing nut job. Join QAnon while you're at it.... 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Damn right it doesn't Gorka.... I want double blind with controlled results... It might work, but it probably doesn't.... I gave my patients oleandrin and they did better too... JAMA had to do a retraction over shoddy covid research- I'll wait and see how this stands up to peer review.... Don't try and argue medicine with me, you're out of your league.... 

Yur too funny.

Calm down Hoorta. My intent was to never argue about hydroxy, only to post the link from the New England J of M  and let you form your own opinion on that study.

Rest assured you won't have to worry about another beatdown from me regarding this topic.

Oh..btw, and I'm not as far out of touch with the medical community as you think, but unlike you I'm not here to brag about myself.

So what did you say in the rest of that post? I will read only if you respond in a civil manner.

crap. Hoorta is embarrassed - I brought up how he made an ass of himself unloading on Josh Allen when I kept responding to Josh Rosen fans who dissed Josh Allen.

I was right. Hoorta was wrong - he should start trying to back up what he says about Pres Trump and stuff, instead of wild ass negative nancy hateful slurs. that is a bit concerning.

See, when we diss obamao, we can list all the bad things he said and did as president.

Hoorta can't. He won't read the hundreds of GOOD GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS that Pres Trump and VP Pence have accomplished in only four years,

and he can't even name one legit thing his Obamao/biden did that was good/great for America in eight years.

Hoorta, if you can't name one, it isn't anybody else;s fault. You just hate. I can justify my dumb opinions, you just seem to feel that you are a mod, so you shouldn't be disagreed with.

sad.

Maybe Hoorta just wants to drive conservatives off the board. He seemed to be happy that OBF left. It's been done before - I never thought of Hoorta as one who would lower himself to trying it.