THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Covid-19 News...

Tour2ma

General thread that I am afraid will get busier and busier...

Pats' CB Gilmore has tested positive as have two more Titans. This week's TN-BUF game is now in jeopardy.

Then there's this...

NFL chief medical officer doesn't rule out league pausing 2020 season amid rising number of COVID-19 cases

'Every option's on the table,' Allen Sills said Wednesday

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-chief-medical-officer-doesnt-rule-out-league-pausing-2020-season-amid-rising-number-of-covid-19-cases/

If they end up cancelling the season before game 9, our FFL will just pay off the winners for each weekend and split the rest evenly with all players. Given how

badly I am doing with so many injuries keeping me at the bottom, I'm almost willing to give up the 2020 season. But then I also want to see Garrett get 20 sacks 

LOL!😂

Broncos - Pats now postponed until next Sunday due to Pats' coach testing Positive in addition to Cam and Gilmore.

Feels like a steady drip ATM, but how long does that last?

Also feels like heading towards a week being added to the season to play postponed games with playoff implications.

• Sad 1

I was thinking about this today. What I think the league should do (and I don't know the major implications in the overall US Sports scene) is move the SB to March, so there you get 4 weeks of space to move games, not forcing teams to miss their byes... 

36 minutes ago, Nero said:

I was thinking about this today. What I think the league should do (and I don't know the major implications in the overall US Sports scene) is move the SB to March, so there you get 4 weeks of space to move games, not forcing teams to miss their byes... 

It would allow CBS to use their "March Madness" moniker... but I honestly think the league would be happy not playing a few meaningless games given the circumstances.

Plus what do the playoff teams that don't have any CoVid Bye-Weeks do for those 4 weeks?

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It would allow CBS to use their "March Madness" moniker... but I honestly think the league would be happy not playing a few meaningless games given the circumstances.

Plus what do the playoff teams that don't have any CoVid Bye-Weeks do for those 4 weeks?

When is any game "meaningless".  Even if a game isn't for playoff contenders, those late season games can often have impact on draft positioning....which we all think is important.  Fair to say? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well, I think that we're 5 weeks in and we already have postponed games. I don't think it'll get any better, so some anticipation would be ideal. What happens if they have to postpone games after say Week 15 when there are no more bye weeks left?

44 minutes ago, Nero said:

What happens if they have to postpone games after say Week 15 when there are no more bye weeks left?

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Also feels like heading towards a week being added to the season to play postponed games with playoff implications.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, Tour2ma said:

NFL chief medical officer doesn't rule out league pausing 2020 season amid rising number of COVID-19 cases

'Every option's on the table,' Allen Sills said Wednesday

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-chief-medical-officer-doesnt-rule-out-league-pausing-2020-season-amid-rising-number-of-covid-19-cases/

Just when the BIG TEN and PAC 10 are getting their abbreviated season going.

All bets are still off the table this year on contact sports.

I was a bit surprised that the NHL and NBA did complete their seasons......hey I read today that LeBron got his 4th ring with 3 different teams.

MLB is surprisingly limping along in the playoffs. -but- the NFL is yet TBD.

GO BROWNS, playoffs.....we hope, baby !

13 hours ago, Nero said:

Good luck not needing more than one week...

Thanks, but with the NFL raising the prospect of forfeitures, I'm not sure I'll need it. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

We cancelled in-person meetings today due to a player reporting flu-like symptoms... no positive CoVid-19 results as yet.

Elsewhere a Packer (A.J. Dillon) and a Raven (Humphrey) tested positive.

Side Note: Apparently Vegas takes the game off the board if a player on either team tests positive.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/us/nfl-covid-packers-browns-ravens-spt-trnd/index.html

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We cancelled in-person meetings today due to a player reporting flu-like symptoms... no positive CoVid-19 results as yet.

Elsewhere a Packer (A.J. Dillon) and a Raven (Humphrey) tested positive.

Side Note: Apparently Vegas takes the game off the board if a player on either team tests positive.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/us/nfl-covid-packers-browns-ravens-spt-trnd/index.html

Yep. I saw Trevor Lawrence with his test and immediately tried to take BC covering the spread - everything including props were pulled.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Player now has tested negative... as has all other Browns tested.

Wednesday practice is on...