THE BROWNS BOARD

Sheldrick Redwine: the Ball Whisperer

Ibleedbrown

“When I walked onto the field, I stared at the ball — stared at for like five to 10 seconds — and just said, ‘I need you. I need you to come to me,’ and it came to me,” Redwine said. “It's crazy.”

After the game, Redwine told the tale on Zoom — not once, but twice.

“It's unexplainable,” Redwine said of speaking his first career interception into existence.

Huh boy!  He's a fruitloop.  Great!  I bet he loves astrology...

59 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

Pendejo has been terrible...

Not to beat a dead horse as 98% of the Browns faithful understands that Sendejo needs to be a backup. 

I expected a veteran that might be limited physically at this point but was able to be in position and make defensive calls.  He didn’t strike me as liability likes he’s been when I watched some Viking football over the years.

I also expected him to probably play a significant role considering we had Redwine who didn’t perform well last year and a rookie Delpit learning a new system and the pro game during covid.  So this talk about well he’s just backup and signed as such- that’s garbage. 

we overcame his poor play yesterday.  In a game where one play decides an outcome - we may not be so lucky.  

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

I wouldn't take any chances with that. If the ball comes Sendejo's way probably it's because there's a WR getting a big play downfield, or he will drop it and end up just being an incomplete pass. So no. Please. 

18 hours ago, Nero said:

I wouldn't take any chances with that. If the ball comes Sendejo's way probably it's because there's a WR getting a big play downfield, or he will drop it and end up just being an incomplete pass. So no. Please. 

It's time to start Redwine, flat out.

there is even a petition to get Sendejo out of Cleveland.

really.

https://www.brownsnation.com/browns-fans-start-petition-to-get-andrew-sendejo-out-of-cleveland/

Browns Fans Start Petition To Get Andrew Sendejo Out Of Cleveland

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Redwine thinks he can conjure up interceptions,  but can barely conjure up playing time? I forgot he was on the roster, honestly... 

Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

4th rounder Gip.

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And he was a reach at the time. 

Ehhh... in a draft loaded with reaches, e.g. Taki in the 3rd, Siebert and Forbes anywhere, Redwine in the 4th was far from the most egregious. He had 4th-round grades on a number of draft sites... DraftNetwork for one and DraftScout, my go-to, had hm as a "3-4".

Only real knock on him I recall was being a little slow on the uptake, i.e., play recognition. Everything else graded out well. A year and a half in two different systems may not have fixed him... yet, but an INT says he might at least have imporved.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ehhh... in a draft loaded with reaches, e.g. Taki in the 3rd, Siebert and Forbes anywhere, Redwine in the 4th was far from the most egregious. He had 4th-round grades on a number of draft sites... DraftNetwork for one and DraftScout, my go-to, had hm as a "3-4".

Only real knock on him I recall was being a little slow on the uptake, i.e., play recognition. Everything else graded out well. A year and a half in two different systems may not have fixed him... yet, but an INT says he might at least have imporved.

Or blind squirrel / acorn.🙈🐿️

31 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Rename the Title Sheldrick Redwine: The Facemask Grabber 

I think the ball told him to grab that guys facemark. Psychic connections are a 2 way street. What self respecting football is just going to do some DBs bidding all the time? Maybe a lesser football,  like a pee wee league football. But an NFL football? Come on...

That was a pretty ticky tacky call.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I think the ball told him to grab that guys facemark. Psychic connections are a 2 way street. What self respecting football is just going to do some DBs bidding all the time? Maybe a lesser football,  like a pee wee league football. But an NFL football? Come on...

That was a pretty ticky tacky call.

Always get your money’s worth.  Or in this case force a strained Sternocleidomastoid

I watched only the beginning of the game, but I think I saw Ben targetting Redwine a few times on the same drive. That tells you something. 

BTW, I think that we're going to have a lot of trouble covering big guys like Claypool. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see many big DBs in our defense. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

BTW, I think that we're going to have a lot of trouble covering big guys like Claypool. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see many big DBs in our defense. 

The Steelers just reload, rebuild on the fly. Claypool was obviously a steal. As much as I (we) hate 'em, give them some credit for drafting well almost every season. 

Yeah, outside of the Seahags former "legion of boom," most NFL DBs aren"t real big. 

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I watched only the beginning of the game, but I think I saw Ben targetting Redwine a few times on the same drive. That tells you something. 

We don’t have tacklers at the DB position (not Ward or Greedys game) couple that with Sendejo.  It’s a problem.

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We don’t have tacklers at the DB position (not Ward or Greedys game) couple that with Sendejo.  It’s a problem.

Ward's a more than willing tackler and a pretty good one at that.

Greedy's "doesn't like contact" label coming out of college hasn't really been evident, but then we haven't seen that much of him lately.

Sendjo? Well... let's just say that giving up body control to make up for a lack of speed is just not the way to go.

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ward's a more than willing tackler and a pretty good one at that.

Greedy's "doesn't like contact" label coming out of college hasn't really been evident, but then we haven't seen that much of him lately.

Sendjo? Well... let's just say that giving up body control to make up for a lack of speed is just not the way to go.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dawgpounddaily.com/2019/05/22/cleveland-browns-denzel-ward-told-work-tackling-technique/amp/

Not crazy about Wilks but not one... but two D coordinators not too enamored by Ward’s tackling.  And if it’s this reason for injury problems - time to change your game. 
I don’t think it’s terrible- it is just not his game.  He’s a hip pocket corner with good feet.  He’s ridden the back of a few ball carriers 

On 10/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, The Gipper said:

The ball was thrown right to Redwine.  What else can you do but catch it?  I don't believe he's much better than Sendejo.  Our defensive backfield just stinks.  On another note, why do we continually draft players out of the SEC?  They either get hurt or can't play.  I know they're great in college, but it doesn't translate to the NFL.  We need to look for players from the PAC 12, Big 10, or ACC.  And I mean that.  They're more durable.