THE BROWNS BOARD

Who in the hell elected you?

Canton Dawg

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No one is forcing anyone to use twitter. You gotta love conservatives not wanting any govt intervention into businesses except when that intervention does something they want...

I'm going to offer another viewpoint, and I'm a moderate Dem (and a Boomer, I suppose lol). Don't shoot!!

I stopped getting the Plain Dealer a couple of years ago, as it sadly became a budget slash- in my opinion it wasn't worth the price, and I didn't like to read it online. I figured since I was paying for the internet, I might as well get my news from online sources that were easier on me to read. 

I found out I could get my news and sports from Twitter. For example, I like to read Terry Pluto's column and I found most of his stuff was tweeted, so I followed him.

I've tried to adapt to today's modern media outlets online. This story is absolutely horrendous, and there's been other stuff censored on FB as we know. 

I majored in Speech Communications with a minor in English/Journalism, tried to get a career in radio or broadcasting, but it didn't work out for me. Not one class I ever had preached censorship. The motto was "report the news, don't become the news." The only thing that seemed shady in those days (early 1980s) were Time and Newsweek had definite leanings towards political affiliations. Obviously, there were way less news outlets and cable tv stations.

I do think it's a huge problem. Whether you call it fake news or biased news, it just needs to stop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm going to offer another viewpoint, and I'm a moderate Dem (and a Boomer, I suppose lol). Don't shoot!!

I stopped getting the Plain Dealer a couple of years ago, as it sadly became a budget slash- in my opinion it wasn't worth the price, and I didn't like to read it online. I figured since I was paying for the internet, I might as well get my news from online sources that were easier on me to read. 

I found out I could get my news and sports from Twitter. For example, I like to read Terry Pluto's column and I found most of his stuff was tweeted, so I followed him.

I've tried to adapt to today's modern media outlets online. This story is absolutely horrendous, and there's been other stuff censored on FB as we know. 

I majored in Speech Communications with a minor in English/Journalism, tried to get a career in radio or broadcasting, but it didn't work out for me. Not one class I ever had preached censorship. The motto was "report the news, don't become the news." The only thing that seemed shady in those days (early 1980s) were Time and Newsweek had definite leanings towards political affiliations. Obviously, there were way less news outlets and cable tv stations.

I do think it's a huge problem. Whether you call it fake news or biased news, it just needs to stop. 

Couldn’t agree more, there’s no room for censorship in America.

If someone posts something from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS you can guarantee there’s a left leaning slant.

Which is fine, but don’t try to censor something on the other side of the aisle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Correct. I never could stand Ted Cruz, but I'm so happy he ripped that guy. 

Ted Cruz is a pretty smart guy and has a reputation her being somewhat of a scholar legally. We Americans, all of us, are a little bit superficial and he would probably have fared better if he wasn't funny looking.

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

But it’s ok for a Congressman to block someone?

That sounds fair.

I don't know the details of the ruling. I'd think the sane rules apply, but there could be something else going on too.

I'm just telling you the courts ruled Trump couldn't block people, not Twitter

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Ted Cruz is a pretty smart guy and has a reputation her being somewhat of a scholar legally. We Americans, all of us, are a little bit superficial and he would probably have fared better if he wasn't funny looking.

WSS

Also if he wasn't the zodiac killer 

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't know the details of the ruling. I'd think the sane rules apply, but there could be something else going on too.

I'm just telling you the courts ruled Trump couldn't block people, not Twitter

There’s got to be a loophole somewhere, because I’m not the only person on Twitter that’s been blocked by a member of Congress.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

There’s got to be a loophole somewhere, because I’m not the only person on Twitter that’s been blocked by a member of Congress.

The court ruling may have specifically only been for the president. Not sure. 

But you're right there's probably something in there