THE BROWNS BOARD

Differences in each QB's playbook

dawgpound3

Anderson's playbook will consist of more shotgun formations, less play-action, and more medium to long passes, while Quinn's playbook consists of short-medium passes, and more quarterback rollouts, and more play-action.

So, Anderson's playbook is akin to Favre's playbook with the Jets, whereas Quinn is more like Chad Pennington's playbook the year before with the Jets.

So, if Anderson starts, expect that playbook that was similar to Favre's playbook last year with the Jets but if Quinn starts, expect it to be a more of a ball-control offense

Only thing that is similar is that Quinn and Anderson's playbook are both run-oriented.

Anderson's playbook will consist of more shotgun formations, less play-action, and more medium to long passes, while Quinn's playbook consists of short-medium passes, and more quarterback rollouts, and more play-action.

So, Anderson's playbook is akin to Favre's playbook with the Jets, whereas Quinn is more like Chad Pennington's playbook the year before with the Jets.

So, if Anderson starts, expect that playbook that was similar to Favre's playbook last year with the Jets but if Quinn starts, expect it to be a more of a ball-control offense

Only thing that is similar is that Quinn and Anderson's playbook are both run-oriented.

I don't think so.

Same playbook.

Quinn may get more roll-outs called for him, but they are installing one offense and whichever QB can show he can run it better will be the QB.

Too much is made of the differences. They are both tall, can make all the throws, and Anderson is better on his feet than given credit for.

Quinn is in no way a Pennington. He's more of a McNabb. He can make all the throws. And Anderson can do rollouts.

The Mangini/Dabol offense will be the Mangini/Dabol offense. The guy that throws the ball most consistently and shows the better play-making ability will run it.

Zombo

First thing is both play books will be run first ball control, move the chains. That is what this offense is. Now, DA could get a few more looks downfield if he is the guy. Quinn might get some roll outs and quick slants, but basically there won't look much different.

I expect the game plan, no matter who's at QB, will be; take what the defense gives you. If the defense is playing a cover 2 and taking away the deep throws, then even Anderson will be throwing in front of the coverage. If he starts trying to force the ball into coverage deep, he won't be on the field long.

If the defense puts 8 in the box then the QB, whomever, must be able to hurt them deep and react with hot reads.

Personally, I don't think it will matter who the QB is. I don't see either, at this point, able to put a team on their backs and carry them. It is more about being able to manage the game and minimize turnovers.

Archived