THE BROWNS BOARD

Veteran's Day 2020

TexasAg1969

once again, I think of all the veterans I served with, and have known all these years.

WWII vets, including my Dad, neighbors, friends...  they couldn't have a Veterans Day service at the local grade school - I have been invited and sponsored by the neighbor kids for years - my Wife and I have gone. and to be with all those vets in one gym...is moving.

This year, they got pictures of all of us vets they sponsor, and created their own video. It's pretty moving. Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans ! I'll miss going to the local favorite restaurant and seeing all the veterans there in one place, especially the older vets.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

once again, I think of all the veterans I served with, and have known all these years.

WWII vets, including my Dad, neighbors, friends...  they couldn't have a Veterans Day service at the local grade school - I have been invited and sponsored by the neighbor kids for years - my Wife and I have gone. and to be with all those vets in one gym...is moving.

This year, they got pictures of all of us vets they sponsor, and created their own video. It's pretty moving. Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans ! I'll miss going to the local favorite restaurant and seeing all the veterans there in one place, especially the older vets.

I have always gone to the grandkids school for Veterans Day, but like yours this year was not to be. I enjoyed the talks by vets from different services including the Texas Coast Guard down here as well as those speaking from different war eras. I always remember the WW II vets I knew growing up as a kid and my WW I Artillery Capt. Grandfather. Very special people indeed. If you ever have a chance to go to American Cemeteries in France of both WW I & II it is well worth your while. The French take excellent care of them.