THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Jags on TV

dusty

Yeah- I already checked....  You can bet the ranch that map is going to be seriously updated....   For starters, both the Pittsburgh and Baltimore markets aren't going to get the Browns- Jags game.  :)   

For sure NBC isn't going to be happy that it's not a "national" game anymore....  Look for the Browns, and certainly the Raiders footprint to shrink considerably....  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- I already checked....  You can bet the ranch that map is going to be seriously updated....   For starters, both the Pittsburgh and Baltimore markets aren't going to get the Browns- Jags game.  :)   

For sure NBC isn't going to be happy that it's not a "national" game anymore....  Look for the Browns, and certainly the Raiders footprint to shrink considerably....  

I hope you are wrong. As of now I can get the Browns game here in Southern West Virginia.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Couldn't it still be a national game, since it is the only game NBC will have in that time slot ? And couldn't  both Pittsburgh and Baltimore could get the Browns game on CBS while they get their own teams on NBC?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dusty said:

I hope you are wrong. As of now I can get the Browns game here in Southern West Virginia.

Me too. I’m in northern WV and the Browns are on most Sundays. But not all

8 hours ago, dusty said:

I stand corrected- see below....  

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Couldn't it still be a national game, since it is the only game NBC will have in that time slot ? And couldn't  both Pittsburgh and Baltimore could get the Browns game on CBS while they get their own teams on NBC?  

I overlooked the fact the Steelers- Ravens game will stay on NBC, not switch to CBS....  So yup, The 506 CBS and Fox broadcast areas still are valid.... Three simultaneous NFL early games going on. NBC, CBS, and Fox.   

15 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m having a banner year getting Browns games in Cincy this year. I think there’s only been 1 or 2 that haven’t been on down here. 

Ditto here in Dayton, we've done even better so far- all the Browns games have been OTA. Good thing, since I dropped Sunday Ticket. I can catch the game at my pal's house who does, the only downside would be I can't record the game at home for a replay.... We were getting nervous before the Raiders game with the weather delay, thinking if it ran late, they'd have to switch us over to the sinking Bengals. 

PS- Doing a schedule comparison- the Browns will lose out TV wise to the Bengals for the Titans and Steelers games.  :( We're definitely good for the Ravens and Giants games. Jets game TBD (might be a Saturday switcheroo) 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How come they don't push ours back so our "star" can play too?

Good point.  I guess it is because the Ratfuckers have had 10-12 players get it, not just one or two.   Since Jackson has just tested positive, there is no way he is going to be cleared to play even by Tuesday. 

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Steelers/Ravens game pushed back AGAIN, now Tuesday night.

Said it in another thread- push it back, push it back- WAY back. Don't bet against a week (or three) 18-19-20 in January.  March Madness Super Bowl... :) 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How come they don't push ours back so our "star" can play too?

The legit question Tex is at what point does the NFL decide there's just too many players out sick to actually play an individual- or a bunch of games?  In any meaningful way? You can already argue there's a ton of "competitive disadvantage" going on. MHO is the NFL is doing the classic putting lipstick on a pig of a season- just to salvage whatever revenue they can in a lost season. 

The rate covid is growing on a log growth curve, it's not looking good to keep teams safe.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

CBSSPORTS.COM247SPORts

PLAY WATCH PODCASTS LOG IN

Bowl Projections Updated Rankings Schedule

College football picks, schedule: Predictions against the spread, odds for top 25 games in Week 13

A closer look at the top games on the Saturday slate in Week 13 of the 2020 college football season

David Cobb

19 minutes ago

While this season's college football schedule continues to be decimated by postponements and cancellations due to COVID-19, the Week 13 slate is loaded with important games. There were three top 25 showdowns on Friday with two matchups between ranked teams, and there's a number of big games on Saturday as well, including No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 22 Auburn, which will serve as the SEC on CBS Game of the Week.

It should be no surprise that the Iron Bowl is the spotlight game of what is normally Rivalry Week, but this year's showdown comes with added intrigue as Alabama coach Nick Saban will be sidelined due to COVID-19. Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will step in as de facto coach for the game as Mac Jones & Co. look to continue on their journey to a College Football Playoff berth. It is expected that the Crimson Tide will do just that, but the Tigers and coach Gus Malzahn usually have a few things up their sleeves entering this annual showdown.

Elsewhere on the slate, the rest of the top six was supposed to be in action; however, less than 15 hours before kickoff, No. 4 Ohio State's game against Illinois was canceled due to COVID-19. No. 3 Clemson, No. 5 Texas A&M and No. 6 Florida all have games where they enter as significant favorites. No. 8 Northwestern and No. 9 Georgia are also in action. Combined with No. 2 Notre Dame playing on Friday, seven of the top 10 teams in the first College Football Playoff Rankings will be tested before the weekend is out.

Those are the marquee games on the slate, and while winning is all that matters for the standings, we care about whether these teams will cover their spreads. Be sure to stick with CBS Sports throughout the day for college football coverage from the opening kickoff on Saturday to the final whistle. Let's take a look at our expert picks for Week 13.