THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Titans Gameday Thread

Zombo

This escape might be the best way we could have won.

We now know we can complete with good teams, even dominate them, but have to play all 4 Qtrs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This escape might be the best way we could have won.

We now know we can complete with good teams, even dominate them, but have to play all 4 Qtrs.

Agree. Same with Baker's fumble too... keep that chip on his shoulder. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Jeez, what a second half. I thought I we were going to blow it.

We're not THAT team anymore... We overcome adversity and win these games now...

• Like 1

Great WIN ! 9 and freaking 3 !!!

Now...

I am disgusted, what the... with the no calls on holding Garrett?

A few times, it was so blatant it is just beyond "didn't see it".

Held Henry to only 60 yards. ...

It's time to figure that Stefanski should be Coach of the Year.

The whole coaching staff should be, too. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Most important win since the Browns came back in 1999. 

...'til next week.  :)   Lotta pressure off of next week's game.  But all of our competition for the Wild Card spot won also.  Gotta keep winning.

They can't let us relax though.  I never felt that there was 'no way' that we could lose....which would've been nice after a 1st half like that.

I finally disagree with Stefanski.  I wanted to punt on our final 4th and short play.  And I don't like calling a Mayfield QB sneak.  He's not a good sneaker at all.  He's not big and strong, and he fumbles the ball when hit somewhat hard.  Hopefully Stef has learned how risky it is to call a QB sneak.

Great win!  Nice game by Baker, Landry, Chubb, Hunt.  Valuable plays by Higgins and Peoples-Jones (although he dropped a TD).  And then there's Kendall Lamm. :)

• Upvote 1

I like the way Stefanski doesn't overuse Nick Chubb.  He is letting Hunt get a solid share of the carries.  Chubb had a not so little injury that we were lucky wasn't season ending.  No need to overuse him when you have a Kareem Hunt.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, Tour2ma said:

This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Whichever OL is able to impose its will to the greatest degree wins.

The way to stop... or at least slow.... Henry is to bottle him up and not let him reach the 2nd level with a head of steam.

Easier said than done? Absolutely... both Titan OGs are having good years so Ogun and Richardson are going to have to be at their best to disrupt and keep our LBs clean. But if we can shift the burden to Tannehill, then we have favorable matchups on the edges and Tannehill is affected by pressure. He needs to be because Brown and Davis scare me going against our 2ndary.

Kudos to Woods... had his gang ready to play. Not sure how he did it, but he flat took Henry out of the game. I do know we had at least one DT penetrating/disrupting on seemingly every snap early.

Of course our O lighting up the scoreboard like the proverbial pinball machine early and often helped... a lot.

So kudos to Stef... he game planned counter to our Offense's "identity". Literally used our run-rep early to set up the PAP to set up the run later. And in doing so Stef attacked the Titans' D's weakness. It was a gutsy plan because if it failed fans would have filled the internet with questions about "abandoning the run."

Whereas Vrabel seemed determined to stick to their identity run/pass formula. He played it safe and it played right into our hands.

And the 2nd half? Well... let's just say we played against our real opponent that half, the clock... and we won that half as well.

Players gotta play, and ours did, but our staff won this game for us. They set our players up for success.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Kudos to Woods... had his gang ready to play. Not sure how he did it, but he flat took Henry out of the game. I do know we had at least one DT penetrating/disrupting on seemingly every snap early.

Of course our O lighting up the scoreboard like the proverbial pinball machine early and often helped... a lot.

So kudos to Stef... he game planned counter to our Offense's "identity". Literally used our run-rep early to set up the PAP to set up the run later. And in doing so Stef attacked the Titans' D's weakness. It was a gutsy plan because if it failed fans would have filled the internet with questions about "abandoning the run."

Whereas Vrabel seemed determined to stick to their identity run/pass formula. He played it safe and it played right into our hands.

And the 2nd half? Well... let's just say we played against our real opponent that half, the clock... and we won that half as well.

Players gotta play, and ours did, but our staff won this game for us. They set our players up for success.

Am I right in thinking you were at this game?

I hope so!

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Am I right in thinking you were at this game?

I hope so!

Not me, but we know gumby was there...

I think we may have even seen him on TV as there was a shot of what appeared to be a Father-son sitting next to each other... one in a MG #95 and the other in a Chubb #24 as the gumster advertised would be worn.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Kudos to Woods... had his gang ready to play.

Defense stats for game...

We played the run hard at all three levels. Our much-maligned LB corps showed up big today.

image.thumb.png.e8e3bbf302164706e71b51d519d62c62.png

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not me, but we know gumby was there...

I think we may have even seen him on TV as there was a shot of what appeared to be a Father-son sitting next to each other... one in a MG #95 and the other in a Chubb #24 as the gumster advertised would be worn.

Ah my mistake, hell of a win anyhow!

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Kudos to Woods...Not sure how he did it, but he flat took Henry out of the game

Stefanski & Baker took Henry out of the game.

For more than half the game the Titans were so far behind they were using Henry just to keep us honest because everyone knew they pretty much had to pass.  I was telling my grandson, "I don't know why they're trying to run here and there, they can pass it right down the field on us. "  

-------  A Fat-Ass caught a TD pass today  ------   lol

13 hours ago, tinythinker said:

Brownie_Logo.gif

And the curse of the brown pants was lifted... Told my friend the second I saw the turd pants- "prepare for a loss".   

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Like others have said, the lack of holding calls against our D line is disgusting. It’s a trend I’ve noticed the last 2 weeks. This week was incredulous! What the fuck were the refs smoking?!

Yes, one play in particular. Garrett was not only held- but there was a facemask no call on the same play. :(  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Like others have said, the lack of holding calls against our D line is disgusting. It’s a trend I’ve noticed the last 2 weeks. This week was incredulous! What the fuck were the refs smoking?!

Holding? They had Myles under and by the mask multiple times and never got called until he was on the sidelines and it was finally called when the sub was in.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

Stefanski & Baker took Henry out of the game.

Ultimately, yes... thus my follow up to the bit you quoted...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

But first Woods and Co. shut the man down.

Here are Henry's 1st half runs... 3, 7, 2, -3 (Fumble), 5, 0... that's 6 for 14 and a fumble. He ended up with 15 for 60.

Agree that his every run in the 2nd half was a gift to us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ultimately, yes... thus my follow up to the bit you quoted...

But first Woods and Co. shut the man down.

Here are Henry's 1st half runs... 3, 7, 2, -3 (Fumble), 5, 0... that's 6 for 14 and a fumble. He ended up with 15 for 60.

Agree that his every run in the 2nd half was a gift to us.

i know it was crazy they were running the ball

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Holding? They had Myles under and by the mask multiple times and never got called until he was on the sidelines and it was finally called when the sub was in.

How about one play where they knocked Gillan to the turf after a punt... I was like WTF!