THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs NYG Flexed to SNF

Bob806

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Interesting news here, but not real surprising. Two of the NFL's hottest teams and the NY market...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think he's six hours ahead, so what, a 2am start? 

You got the big brains. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

Beat me to it.... PS considering some of the MNF snooze fests they've had, start thinking of flexing those to another time slot.  :)  

10 hours ago, Nero said:

FUCK NO. 

I knew you'd say that- but don't you have any way of taping the game?   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Beat me to it.... PS considering some of the MNF snooze fests they've had, start thinking of flexing those to another time slot.  :)  

I knew you'd say that- but don't you have any way of taping the game?   

I don't have a lot of work lately (freelance Architect FTW 😑) so I might even watch it live. If I don't tape games if I can't watch them live.

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That’s us on the graveyard shift for the next two games ! 

And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

34 minutes ago, Nero said:

And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

Clearly the solution is for Spain to go to Eastern Standard Time... although I really prefer Central.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.😴

Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

The purpose of driving straight through is to minimize COVID exposure. Saying in motels makes the top 5 in exposure locations. In fact staying at a B&B is why the brother of wifey's best friend is now into his 4th month on a vent and is just now slowly being weaned off. Think I'll just miss the first half. 😷

My name is TexAg and I'm here to help.🤗

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.😴

Why push yourselves like that?  You are in your 70s , right?  So, no, just go like 8-9 hours, get a hotel, watch the game and finish the trip the next day.   What is your hurry? You are retired, aren't you?   And you can afford to get a hotel.   I am in my late 60s and do my fair share of traveling as you know, and no way am I going to do that, even if I share driving with my wife. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The purpose of driving straight through is to minimize COVID exposure. Saying in motels makes the top 5 in exposure locations. In fact staying at a B&B is why the brother of wifey's best friend is now into his 4th month on a vent and is just now slowly being weaned off. Think I'll just miss the first half. 😷

Well....I drove to Texas and back in July staying in hotels along the way.  I spent a week driving in upstate NY in Sept. staying in hotels.  I spent a week driving around Colorado in October, staying in hotels.    So I just don't think staying in hotels is that big of a risk.  You risk is being around unmasked people.

Had this one circled regardless.  Glad it is prime time and 5pm start for us. My house is truly divided.  Wife and oldest daughter Giants fans.  Youngest daughter and sdbacker80 for the good guys.  We will have the game on in two separate rooms.  I was going to break out the OBJ Tshirt Jersey for this one until he got hurt.  

10 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Had this one circled regardless.  Glad it is prime time and 5pm start for us. My house is truly divided.  Wife and oldest daughter Giants fans.  Youngest daughter and sdbacker80 for the good guys.  We will have the game on in two separate rooms.  I was going to break out the OBJ Tshirt Jersey for this one until he got hurt.  

So, how does that happen where a family from near San Diego  partly hooks on with the Browns and partly with the Giants?   Are you from here in NEOH and is your wife from the NYC area? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why push yourselves like that?  You are in your 70s , right?  So, no, just go like 8-9 hours, get a hotel, watch the game and finish the trip the next day.   What is your hurry? You are retired, aren't you?   And you can afford to get a hotel.   I am in my late 60s and do my fair share of traveling as you know, and no way am I going to do that, even if I share driving with my wife. 

We are two on and two off all the way and do not really find it difficult. You have to remember we live in a state where a 3-4 hour trip is nothing. We take breaks for gas/bathroom with masks and Clorox wipes for doors, toilet lids for her. We get takeout and eat it in the car (Sonic is a good place for that). It's just not that hard really. And the most recent guidelines with this fall jump in cases spot these 5 most likely places to get it. Pay attention to #4.

https://bestlifeonline.com/covid-places/

And 7 danger zones in Hotels/motels

https://bestlifeonline.com/dirty-hotel-spots/

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, how does that happen where a family from near San Diego  partly hooks on with the Browns and partly with the Giants?   Are you from here in NEOH and is your wife from the NYC area? 

Yep that’s it.  I grew up in NEO- still have most of my family there.  Wife grew up in New Jersey.  Been to MetLife with her. She’s been to First Energy.  She’s think we are all a little nuts but understands losing can do that. 
Our oldest daughter saw too many Browns low lights to latch onto us.  I claimed the youngest as a Browns fan as soon as she was born.  I watch their game they watch mine.    
The OBJ trade was a little tough on the family.  She’s not just a casual giants fan 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Dang Ag, I'm getting old. I hope my motel stays didn't infect me with covid- I got myself tested yesterday. My 400 mile trip to North Carolina got split up both ways. I wasn't about to drive through two lane backcountry mountain roads there in the dark not knowing exactly where I was going. 

How bad was it? On the way back some yahoo thought it would be a good idea to jump the three cars in front of him around a curve- and took out a guy's car coming the other way. I was safely far enough back to hit the brakes and avoid the mess. No injuries, but both cars were totaled. We were so far out in the sticks, didn't even have cell coverage to call the state police. Had to flag a lady down who was nice enough to say when she got home she'd put in an emergency call, and contact the affected parties contacts to tell them they were going to need a ride home. 

On 12/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, Bob806 said:

Interesting news here, but not real surprising. Two of the NFL's hottest teams and the NY market...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

Kind of nice to be an in demand hot team again.  The MNF game is more important now.  

• Upvote 1