THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ Banned From LSU 2 Years

TexasAg1969

LSU self imposes 2020 bowl ban and loss of schollies, 4 in each of the next two years.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/21/lsu-football-self-imposed-sanctions-ncaa

Of course being 3-5 the joke is they had played themselves into the bowl ban.😂

EDIT: And with @ #6 Florida coming up this weekend, that would seal it anyway.😱

I am not sure that I read it....but are they claiming that the bills that OBJ distributed were the reason they are imposing the ban? Or why they are fearful the NCAA may do so?    

I think not.  Not at all.  It may be that they are using OBJ as a scapegoat for other dirty practices that team employed.  That alone would be such a minor infraction as to not warrant anything like a 2 year ban.

Plus, I guess this means they cannot be a part of the CFP......but as noted:     "We are 3-5 this year, we are going to give ourselves a bowl ban.....as if they would have ever been invited anyway".  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I am not sure that I read it....but are they claiming that the bills that OBJ distributed were the reason they are imposing the ban? Or why they are fearful the NCAA may do so?    

I think not.  Not at all.  It may be that they are using OBJ as a scapegoat for other dirty practices that team employed.  That alone would be such a minor infraction as to not warrant anything like a 2 year ban.

Plus, I guess this means they cannot be a part of the CFP......but as noted:     "We are 3-5 this year, we are going to give ourselves a bowl ban.....as if they would have ever been invited anyway".  

Yeah, they are banning him for that since even Burrow said the $100 bills he was passing out were real and an obvious violation. But the sanctions are coming from stuff under Les Miles, not Big O.

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeah, they are banning him for that since even Burrow said the $100 bills he was passing out were real and an obvious violation. But the sanctions are coming from stuff under Les Miles, not Big O.

Well, you know, when they go retroactive, they take away wins.   Maybe LSU will have to forfeit its National Championship win. 

And there has only been ONE  "Big O"....

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Its become apparent OBJ is a dumb mother fucker!

He certainly does things that make it hard to argue that.

And it puts a target on him (like he says).  I mean, the refs wanted him off the field because his pants were above his knees.  Yet you see that all over the place.  And nobody's being pulled from the field.  Of course, he puts the target on himself....because with the target comes limelight.  

So, if you're a coach coaching against him you will scope him out , pre-game.  Because if anyone is going to wear illegal shoes, visor, whatever, it will be him.  And if you spot something you can alert the refs at a crucial point in the game (as we've seen done).  

Now!  Having been aware of all of his shenanigans...he's still a much better receiver than Hodge, Higgins and Peoples-Jones.  He has to be watched closely by the defense which gives Landry, the TE's and/or 3rd WR a better chance to get open for a pass.  If he heals up ok, I still want him on the team.  - Remember, the Giants & Browns players have always said good things about OBJ as a team mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

He certainly does things that make it hard to argue that.

And it puts a target on him (like he says).  I mean, the refs wanted him off the field because his pants were above his knees.  Yet you see that all over the place.  And nobody's being pulled from the field.  Of course, he puts the target on himself....because with the target comes limelight.  

So, if you're a coach coaching against him you will scope him out , pre-game.  Because if anyone is going to wear illegal shoes, visor, whatever, it will be him.  And if you spot something you can alert the refs at a crucial point in the game (as we've seen done).  

Now!  Having been aware of all of his shenanigans...he's still a much better receiver than Hodge, Higgins and Peoples-Jones.  He has to be watched closely by the defense which gives Landry, the TE's and/or 3rd WR a better chance to get open for a pass.  If he heals up ok, I still want him on the team.  - Remember, the Giants & Browns players have always said good things about OBJ as a team mate.

But it keeps playing out that Baker Mayfield is a better QB without OBJ on the field. He just is. 

I know it doesn't make sense, it is completely counter-intuitive, but it's true. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Are we supposed to care about this?

I don't think so.   In fact,   I think they announced the ban on OBJ on the same day they announced the self imposed penalties for their far more serious offenses,  for their internal program's cheating   just so they could basically scapegoat him and take away the spotlight for their far more egregious actions. 

- the NCAA is spineless and would never do anything to hurt one of its top programs. Either enforce the rules or get rid of them. I hope prhgrams break away from the NCAA. Oh, and get NIL rights for players. 

- LSU learned from OSUs mistake of not imposing your bowl ban in your down year

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Quite the turnaround for LSU from winning it all last year to a losing record this year. Were the players who left really that good?

We drafted 2 of them, so l hope so.

They are very inexperienced at QB and the D lost a ton of starters. Plus Jefferson was their best receiver and now gone.

EDIT: Oh, and this little bitty RB who went to the Chiefs.😂 Kid was a 1st down machine at LSU.

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

just so they could basically scapegoat him and take away the spotlight for their far more egregious actions. 

...so they can say they're leaving no stone unturned...so there's no need for any more sanctions to be levied.  

• Upvote 1