THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 15: CLE @ NYG... Browns vs. The New York Football Giants... in New Jersey

Tour2ma

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is the absolute killer. Teller always seems to go out right when we need him. I hope he heals up quickly! 

Both teams are obviously bitten by the injury bug, but what most don't realize is how bad the Sendejo injury hurts us. I know he hasn't been good this year, I get it, but just wait until you get a load of Shedrick Redwine. Good grief is he bad. Redwine will make a few plays that get you thinking he's pretty good, and then he'll go straight ass clown and you'll be wishing for Sendejo. Remember when Mike Glennon threw it deep on us? Colt McCoy WILL hit several deep TDs on us, too. No team can prevent TDs with their 5th and 6th string safeties. There WILL be people open. 

Hubbard played well in Teller's previous absence, but he's nowhere NEAR the run blocker Teller is. The GOOD news is that Hubbs is a better pass blocker than Teller, and Teller was beaten multiple times in the past several games, so it's possible we're getting an upgrade. 

Just so everyone knows, Jabrill Peppers is going to have the game of his life tomorrow night. Doesn't it just seem like it's ordained? Lol! He's gonna cause a fumble, have a pick 6, and lord knows what else. I just see it. 😂

Boy- you get the Negative Nancy Award of the week....  

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wait....

Now we're scared of Colt?

There's a reason he's been a career backup. 60% completions, about a 1:1 TD\Int ratio, and 78 QBR.   Those woe is us guys- we're going to get beat by another backup QB.  

How about Baker passes for 300+ yards and 3 TDs against a depleted Giants secondary, Chubb and Hunt combine for 200+ yards rushing instead?  Show a little optimism for a change... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That is one helluva hypothetical considering how often Ward and Harrison are not on the field, and the fact that Delpit has all of zero minutes of NFL experience. 

Big time hypothetical! But maybe not as much as you think. Kevin Johnson is one of the best slot corners in the league. If you don't believe me, you can verify for yourself. He's going to demand a hefty payday, as nickel corners are kind of a niche market and useful as hell. KJ is so good you almost don't know he's out there. People don't throw at him hardly and he's one of the best at his position. Ronnie Harrison was rated in the top 5 last time I saw him at PFF (pretty sure) and Ward is a top corner. That's pretty robust! 

Good ole Colt McCoy. Read this below, I agree with it -  if the Giants can't run well, they are toast. Although, our pass defense may help Colt on a good day - the ratbirds couldn't stop our offense - their defense won't stop it either. My guess is, the Browns get sacks and turnovers,

Without Bradberry - their secondary is in a worse? shape than the Browns, maybe. I predict the Browns win the turnover battle, Baker and the offense have a great day, and we're going to be 10-4.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/19/colt-mccoy-starting-over-daniel-jones-in-must-win-giants-game/

"With Garrett, the Giants have averaged just 18.3 points a game — only the Jets (14.1) are worse — so Kitchens does not have a high bar to vault. The challenge is tailoring the offense to what McCoy does well, which is getting the ball out of his hands quickly. The main reason he was able to pull off the upset against the Seahawks is because the Giants ran for a season-high 190 yards, led by Wayne Gallman with a career-high 135 yards. The Browns are middle-of-the-pack (16th in the league) in run defense, allowing 114.1 yards per game. If the Giants cannot run it often and well, it is highly unlikely McCoy can pass them into much success. "

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But...but...but.... JOHN DORSEY! 🤪

Well... your boy is getting a foothold in Philly. https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/12/19/22190472/john-dorsey-eagles-nfl-news-philadelphia-general-manager-howie-roseman-chiefs-browns-draft-record-gm

I may keep replying (and always will), but you are the one always blowing the fucking whistle... so there's that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

there goes the giants offensive assistant https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-assistant-coach-stephen-brown-tests-positive-for-covid-19  no news yet on tracer contacts

the all clear..  

The Giants found no “close contacts” with offensive assistant Stephen Brown, who tested positive for COVID-19, after doing their contact tracing. So all remaining coaches and players are cleared to go against the Browns on Sunday night, barring any further positive tests. (1 more test result Sunday)

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... your boy is getting a foothold in Philly. https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/12/19/22190472/john-dorsey-eagles-nfl-news-philadelphia-general-manager-howie-roseman-chiefs-browns-draft-record-gm

I may kept replying (and always will), but you are the one always blowing the fucking whistle... so there's that.

Oh stop.

Recently someone complained about the defense and you almost had a coronary defending Berry... "YOU CAN'T FUCKING FIX EVERYTHING IN ONE GODDAMN OFFSEASON!" 😁 Yeah, I guess I blew THAT whistle too. 

You went "full Gipper responding to someone saying the Ravens are the old Browns". 

Giants make several final roster moves Saturday...  https://www.giants.com/news/roster-moves-giants-add-two-quarterbacks-three-db-s-to-active-roster  

Giants also lose 3rd coaching staff member, since 2 went down to Covid-reserve this week..  https://nypost.com/2020/12/19/giants-lose-bret-bielema-to-illinois/  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Giants also lose 3rd coaching staff member, since 2 went down to Covid-reserve this week..  https://nypost.com/2020/12/19/giants-lose-bret-bielema-to-illinois/  

I never understood why Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas. Maybe to escape Barry Alvarez's shadow? Just  didn't seem to be a good career decision.

Like Quincy Morgan said, " betta believe dat." 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I never understood why Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas. Maybe to escape Barry Alvarez's shadow? Just  didn't seem to be a good career decision.

me neither 🤷‍♂️but, straight from wiki... 

On December 4, 2012, it was announced that Bielema was leaving Wisconsin to become the head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.[9][10] He left partly to coach in the Southeastern Conference and partly because he felt that his assistant coaches were not being paid enough.[11] Bielema replaced John L. Smith, who had coached Arkansas to a 4-8 record during the 2012 season after Bobby Petrino had been fired eight months earlier.[12]

likes staffing bottom dollar figures..including himself. sense going from NFL position coaching.. back to College Head Coaching dollars... Replacing Lovie Smith is one thing? while Recruiting kids to come to a middle of pack, Big 10 team in a butt cold frozen town is a total other ☃️.. Am 57 & lost my Ohio born-in thermals long ago :D Word! "Live above 40 degrees anywhere Merica" 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.     SEC schools do not put as much priority on academics as they do on football, and that is reflected in the money they put into their programs, such that even a below average SEC team will pay its coaches more than a top tier Big Ten program will, which Wisc. is. 

When he said that he did not believe his assistants were being paid enough....he meant "I am not being paid enough compared to what Arkansas was offering". ....betta believe dat!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh stop.

Recently someone complained about the defense and you almost had a coronary defending Berry... "YOU CAN'T FUCKING FIX EVERYTHING IN ONE GODDAMN OFFSEASON!" 😁 Yeah, I guess I blew THAT whistle too. 

You went "full Gipper responding to someone saying the Ravens are the old Browns". 

1. Well... you can't... so there's that.
  2. If you are going to quote me, get the quote right.
  3. The "full Gipper" now includes an invitation for the the assailed to perform fellatio... somewhere I've never gone... so there's that as well.

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Well... you can't... so there's that.
  2. If you are going to quote me, get the quote right.
  3. The "full Gipper" now includes an invitation for the the assailed to perform fellatio... somewhere I've never gone... so there's that as well.

See the bold.....Are you sure?  I think that is precisely what Dutch is saying about your defense of Berry. 

On 12/16/2020 at 5:44 PM, Dutch Oven said:

My cousin, who is as big a Browns fan as anyone, lives 45 minutes from East Rutherford. A situation like this - two Browns games in one week that close to him - will never happen again, and Covid says "No Browns for you!"

goddamn thats fucked up

side note : i will be in black out by the end of the game I hate late starts 

What’s at stake in tonight’s @SNFonNBC?

@Browns win: AFC 5) #Browns 6) @Colts 7) @MiamiDolphins 😎 @Ravens @WFT in first in NFC East

@Giants win: AFC 5) #Colts 6) #Dolphins 7) #Ravens 😎 @Browns @Giants in first in NFC East

That’s what’s at stake

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This is not a game thread.

It' a week of the game thread.

Just like in previous weeks ?     :huh: