THE BROWNS BOARD

Memories

dusty

Oh wow, I was at that game.

Buddy of mine had season tickets that year, pretty cheap ones, and by that time the Browns were the Browns and tickets could be gotten cheap from the fine gentlemen selling them on the streets. We turned our two cheap tickets and $35 each into club seats. On a day like that, it was nice to be able to get into the club area to warm up. 

On 12/16/2020 at 8:56 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Oh wow, I was at that game.

Buddy of mine had season tickets that year, pretty cheap ones, and by that time the Browns were the Browns and tickets could be gotten cheap from the fine gentlemen selling them on the streets. We turned our two cheap tickets and $35 each into club seats. On a day like that, it was nice to be able to get into the club area to warm up. 

That is why I switched to Club seats about 8 years ago.  A much better environment than hanging out in the men's room, which has heat, but generally smells.

They are also great for those autumn days that feel more like a summer day.

Yeah I was there too. I remember Cutler heaving a pass that Alshon Jeffry caught between 3 Browns Def Backs in the end zone for a TD. Browns blew a big lead in that one.

Browns & Bears haven't met a whole lot over the years despite being old franchises. 

I really don't have any hate towards that whole division. My dad hated the Lions, as the Lions & Browns met quite a bit for championships/playoffs in the early days (Rams & NYG too). 

I think next year we get the NFC North teams, part of the rotation. 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah I was there too. I remember Cutler heaving a pass that Alshon Jeffry caught between 3 Browns Def Backs in the end zone for a TD. Browns blew a big lead in that one.

Browns & Bears haven't met a whole lot over the years despite being old franchises. 

I really don't have any hate towards that whole division. My dad hated the Lions, as the Lions & Browns met quite a bit for championships/playoffs in the early days (Rams & NYG too). 

The Lions/Browns rivarly was really a bigger one than Browns/Steelers I think, just for the reason you mentioned. 

With the renewed discussion of the NFL going to a 17 game schedule,  it means that another way of formulating a schedule if going to have to be determined....and my suggestion is that they  institute the "permanent rivalry" arrangement on an annual basis:

Browns play Lions every year. and these others:

Philly v Pittsburgh

Jet/Giants

Washington/Baltimore

Miami/Tampa Bay

Rams/Chargers

Cowboys/Texans.

49ers/Raiders    (even though the Raiders skipped the Bay area)

and several others. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Of the four NFC divisions, it is my favorite to play. 

I tend to somewhat root for the Bears, Lions and Packers when they play too. Not a vested interest, but more of a "kindred spirit Midwest" type of thing. 

• Upvote 1