THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowherd is Ignorant

The Gipper

Just watching a bit of Colin Cowherd.   Aside from being completely arrogant,  he is at times completely ignorant.

First,  it is his claim that  Baker is a much better QB now that  OBJ has been out.  While the numbers bear that out, it is a fact that  Baker is probably a better QB now not because he is not playing with OBJ, but because he had now become completely familiarized with the Kevin Stefanski system he is playing in.   Cowherd says that last year Baker was not playing so well because the Browns brought in OBJ....not giving one mention of the fact that he was playing with his 3rd HC and OC,  and that  the HC last year was the terrible Freddie Kitchens.    No, according to him, it was ALL about Baker trying to force the Ball to OBJ last year and the beginning of this year.   So, I am sorry, Cowherd is completely ignorant of the real factors involved in Baker's improvement this year.

Next...he came down hard on Justin Field, talking about how "poor" of a game he had because he was only like 12 of 27 against Northwestern.  Clearly the dickhead didn't bother to watch a bit of the game, as he must have failed to see the pictures of Fields  flexing his thumb, and having it treated during the course of the game.  It was obvious something was wrong that hampered his game, and it was confirmed that he had a sprained thumb on his throwing hand.  Not one word about that fact from Cowherd though. 

Like I said,   arrogant in his ignorance, and apparently completely proud thereof. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just watching a bit of Colin Cowherd.   Aside from being completely arrogant,  he is at times completely ignorant.

First,  it is his claim that  Baker is a much better QB now that  OBJ has been out.  While the numbers bear that out, it is a fact that  Baker is probably a better QB now not because he is not playing with OBJ, but because he had now become completely familiarized with the Kevin Stefanski system he is playing in.   Cowherd says that last year Baker was not playing so well because the Browns brought in OBJ....not giving one mention of the fact that he was playing with his 3rd HC and OC,  and that  the HC last year was the terrible Freddie Kitchens.    No, according to him, it was ALL about Baker trying to force the Ball to OBJ last year and the beginning of this year.   So, I am sorry, Cowherd is completely ignorant of the real factors involved in Baker's improvement this year.

Next...he came down hard on Justin Field, talking about how "poor" of a game he had because he was only like 12 of 27 against Northwestern.  Clearly the dickhead didn't bother to watch a bit of the game, as he must have failed to see the pictures of Fields  flexing his thumb, and having it treated during the course of the game.  It was obvious something was wrong that hampered his game, and it was confirmed that he had a sprained thumb on his throwing hand.  Not one word about that fact from Cowherd though. 

Like I said,   arrogant in his ignorance, and apparently completely proud thereof. 

He's just in it for click bait... He's got your attention... That's all he cares about...

• Like 1

Friends don't let friends listen to Colin Cowherd.. this thread is similar to fact-checking Fox News, which people [deliberately?] forget was founded to propagandize.

Yes, he has a take - and that take is the one of the drunk uncle who would rather be divorced than give up angrily watching Fox in a dark basement.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Friends don't let friends listen to Colin Cowherd.. this thread is similar to fact-checking Fox News, which people [deliberately?] forget was founded to propagandize.

Yea, I know.  Still...it is amazing that someone like him, and others who shall not be named cannot see the nose on their face.  They base their opinion on something like:  he had a bad game, so he will turn out to be no good when he gets to the pros. Which of course is absurd given that the guy was injured and probably should not have been playing, and was probably just kept in there for his leadership.   (yes, very Foxian of them)

College sports are played by very young men who aren't professionals.. because they don't understand how to be.  Sure, they might try hard for an entire week straight, but after Saturday it's back to ignoring the teacher [aka position coach] for a few days before "trying" again.  And then being shocked that amount of focus didn't work.  You know, growing towards maturity like a human.

Cowherd's career is the sports version of a Gish Gallop.  Nobody on this forum [or Colin himself, of course] would have a career if any of our first/second managers actually evaluated us using the same criteria Cowherd does.

And it's just tiring to tease out the misinformation from the reality.

From the link: "the Gish Gallop is designed to appeal to and deceive precisely those sorts of people who are most in need of honest factual education."

I'll say it here so it can be easily found later if I'm wrong, or when I'm right.... OBJ has played his last snap for the Cleveland Browns.

The future me looks forward to revisiting this post when we can all go out side and play again. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well SOMEBODY on here wanted to use his reporting as absolute FACT, not this topic today btw.

But yes, he is only doing this for clicks and to back up past takes.

Baker and OBJ has been talked about ad nauseum by him, so let's just put that to side for now, but some of the reason they are talked about by CC so much is because they actually spoke about him.

Fields, that one is EASY to see through. With the Jets winning and now apparently being out of the Lawrence sweepstakes, for his image he would have the Jets keep Darnold.

Let's not forget, 6 months ago or so Tua was GREAT, Herbert wasn't very good. Now Herbert is AMAZING. Tua goes in for mop up duty in a game, before a single start Colin comes out with his epiphany that Tua isn't going to be any good. Now, has reverted BACK to Tua being REALLY GOOD.

But in all honesty, as ridiculous as it sounds, for actual reporting, you are better off hearing Cabot or someone else that would be considered bad. They are actually trying to report something. As for the TV guys, they all are going to have their hot takes, biases, etc. And most of it comes down to clicks.

I give kudos to CC when he gets things right...but also shoot at him when he's wrong. The other day he was postulating that the Browns were weak because they over focused/spent on ensuring that Baker would look good (thus saving face on using the 1st pick overall on him), while not spending what they should have on their back 7 on D.

In his rant he completely ignored that the Browns had so many injuries, especially in their DB unit. And that you can't typically "fix" every unit needing upgraded in just one year.  That entire take was BS. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

He’s literally an actor. All those guys that talk are actors. 

I always remember those writers and talking heads all have deadlines -and- are ratings driven........if they don't or can't do both then good-bye show or column.

Plus the competition is brutal and they can be yesterday's news in a flash.    *POOF*

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

College sports are played by very young men who aren't professionals.. because they don't understand how to be.  Sure, they might try hard for an entire week straight, but after Saturday it's back to ignoring the teacher [aka position coach] for a few days before "trying" again.  And then being shocked that amount of focus didn't work.  You know, growing towards maturity like a human.

Cowherd's career is the sports version of a Gish Gallop.  Nobody on this forum [or Colin himself, of course] would have a career if any of our first/second managers actually evaluated us using the same criteria Cowherd does.

And it's just tiring to tease out the misinformation from the reality.

From the link: "the Gish Gallop is designed to appeal to and deceive precisely those sorts of people who are most in need of honest factual education."

OK, I cannot honestly say that I perhaps have never engaged in that tactic.....but I think it would be quite rare, and only done to counter a similar tactic....

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Also...

Water is wet.

Yes, I agree saying Cowherd is ignorant is like using that analogy.   I just wanted to specify it in this situation as it applies to the Browns and OSU....as aside from the Tribe or Cavs I likely pay no attention to what he says about other teams or their players. 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Well SOMEBODY on here wanted to use his reporting as absolute FACT, not this topic today btw.

Does that person's name rhyme with  Micetube? 

But yes, he is only doing this for clicks and to back up past takes.

Baker and OBJ has been talked about ad nauseum by him, so let's just put that to side for now, but some of the reason they are talked about by CC so much is because they actually spoke about him.

Fields, that one is EASY to see through. With the Jets winning and now apparently being out of the Lawrence sweepstakes, for his image he would have the Jets keep Darnold.

That is another subject we can debate elsewhere...and which I may be in agreement therewith.  

Let's not forget, 6 months ago or so Tua was GREAT, Herbert wasn't very good. Now Herbert is AMAZING. Tua goes in for mop up duty in a game, before a single start Colin comes out with his epiphany that Tua isn't going to be any good. Now, has reverted BACK to Tua being REALLY GOOD.

What you are saying is that he is an asskisser for whomever is hot at the moment.   I agree....he lacks integrity or conviction in his opinions.   Sure, a person can change his opinions based on certain evidence he sees....but his just blows in whatever direction the wind goes. 

But in all honesty, as ridiculous as it sounds, for actual reporting, you are better off hearing Cabot or someone else that would be considered bad. They are actually trying to report something. As for the TV guys, they all are going to have their hot takes, biases, etc. And most of it comes down to clicks.

He's a younger, more dickish version of Skip Bayless! 

If you like your wildly anti-Ohio rants mixed in between open racismoffensive telephone interviews and sexism, he's your man!

Occasionally there's some sports peppered around the edges, but mostly it's cringe-worthy stuff from the guy who wasn't confident enough in high school to be a bully.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

As for the kisser, actually not always. I have seen him take the take against something "hot" just to have a take. 

While you know I am not a fan of LBJ, he took a take of him basically being done, only to change it not long after.

Put it another way, while I think he is much less annoying compared to Skip Bayless, Skip usually doesn't change a stance unless it is to go even more into another stance. Colin will absolutely change MOST stances very quickly. There are also circumstances that CC will not change a stance no matter what there is to refute it, (ex. Browns). 

That rhyming name seems familiar.

And I am not saying that Jets should or shouldn't do that, just saying that the reason he is talking about Fields now is ONLY because the Jets won.

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Cowturd is a contrarian clickbait artist. He'll hate Baker until he doesn't. He should go on a rant how TexAg's Aggies got screwed out of the CFB Championship- after Clemson freaking dismantled Notre Dame. give me one reason the Irish were worthy after they got their ass handed to them by a decent team.   

On 12/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, The Gipper said:

Yes, I agree saying Cowherd is ignorant is like using that analogy.   I just wanted to specify it in this situation as it applies to the Browns and OSU....as aside from the Tribe or Cavs I likely pay no attention to what he says about other teams or their players. 

He doesn’t have time to actually look at the facts as to why Baker is playing better or why Fields played like shit because he covers too many sports and players. Well.... he might, but just doesn’t invest the time into the Browns or Bucks like you or I would. 

This is why I like to listen to experts, who actually played the game they’re speaking of, and invest their time in that one sport. 

On 12/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, The Gipper said:

agreed...however i could care less if we have obj on the roster next season...he is still a me me me type of player and he has not been on the same page with baker since he's been here....we can win a sb without obj without a doubt only if we improve the d next season.....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, browns52 said:

agreed...however i could care less if we have obj on the roster next season...he is still a me me me type of player and he has not been on the same page with baker since he's been here....we can win a sb without obj without a doubt only if we improve the d next season.....

^ Just in case anyone in the back row missed it. 

He was at it again today from just about 10 minutes that I saw him:

He said that the Sacramento Kings had once been the Cincinnati Kings.....from the  "King City" ?    and that there last title was as the Rochester Kings.  Ah, no....they were the Rochester, then Cincinnati Royals,  not changing to Kings until they went to Kansas City.    And of course  Cincy is the Queen,  not the King City.

He also said that Chris Broussard once worked for the Akron Journal.....of course, it is the Akron Beacon Journal.

You ask why I watch him on occasion?  Because I flip over to him during commercials on ESPN or whatever else I may be watching.   He is still better than watch commercials....plus, it gives me a chance to peak at Joy Taylor's tits, which are always on partial display

41 Sexy and Hot Joy Taylor Pictures - Bikini, Ass, Boobs -  SharenatorSharenator