THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania

Zombo

I almost forgot this one.

First game starts today at 2:30, but if you miss that one you can still compete.

Yes, Marko, we are using confidence points.

Gumbo is two time returning chanpion. Don't let him win again:

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2020/en/entry?entryID=2842461

NCAA BOWL MANIA

2004 KSHutchins

2005 HagII

2006 Calfox & Dad

2007 The Great Zomboni

2008 Fooleeze

2009 Furnier

2010 Andy Magee

2011 MickyP

2012 The Great Zomboni

2013 Furnier

2014 Beanpot

2015 Rocket Warrior

2016 Beanpot

2017 Ohio Fire

2018 MarkO's Confidence Points Blow

2019 Gumby73

2020 Gumby73

• Zombo pinned this topic

How does a 2-8 South Carolina team even accept a bowl bid? Gamecock'ish I tell you 🤓..

I threw some picks at the wall :huh:.. Some office bimbo blonde could have a better chance at winning this thing...

Still got time to sign up... The Appie St win, will only cost you 1 point...  next kickoff?      3:30 today!  

this year is so messed up, I didn't change the order of the confidence points/bowl games.

You have to pick some games as huge upsets and go against the flow to win. Just going with "90%" picked so and so...

you could lose.

At least Zombo did the honorable thing and only moved App St. up to the 28 point spot... B)

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

crap. Now I can't go back and print out all my choices. It's blank until the games start???

No problem here. Try going to the Group page and click on your name.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I'm winning..y'all should just quit now.

That's ok we're all just playing for #2 Mark.     

(believe that ?  :lol:)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

At least Zombo did the honorable thing and only moved App St. up to the 28 point spot... B)

No problem here. Try going to the Group page and click on your name.

that was strange. Maybe I clicked for my login logged in.

Works now.

Despite two guys with a one game headstart through 10 games it has really tightened up a bit.  -And- the big bowls are a week away !

Will there be any big upsets ?  Stay tuned.    :o

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Despite two guys with a one game headstart through 10 games it has really tightened up a bit.  -And- the big bowls are a week away !

Will there be any big upsets ?  Stay tuned.    :o

Yeah I wasn't paying attention and didn't pick the 1st two games. The good news is it's only 3 lost points (for me). 

I picked Liberty, maybe that's upset #1 lol.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah I wasn't paying attention and didn't pick the 1st two games. The good news is it's only 3 lost points (for me). 

I picked Liberty, maybe that's upset #1 lol.

GREAT JOB ! I did too, Only 10% picked Liberty. Gotta pick some upsets to win, I think.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

GREAT JOB ! I did too, Only 10% picked Liberty. Gotta pick some upsets to win, I think.

I usually pick upsets and end up around 7th place 😆

Hey, there's only 7 of us playing this year, best odds ever lol!!!!!

• Haha 1

Oklahoma 41-13 start of the 4th quarter....... looks like the bowl mania is going to tighten up about half way through.   :D

........oh, OKL 55-13 with 6:11 left.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oklahoma 41-13 start of the 4th quarter....... looks like the bowl mania is going to tighten up about half way through.   :D

........oh, OKL 55-13 with 6:11 left.

I didn't trust a Big 12 defense, but knew Fla was dog shit. That's why confidence points make this game interesting haha.

3 games today, hooray.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I didn't trust a Big 12 defense, but knew Fla was dog shit. That's why confidence points make this game interesting haha.

3 games today, hooray.

Well.....the Big 12 is now 3-0  in bowls  with wins over ACC:  OK St. over Miami;  over Pac 12:   Texas over Colorado;  and over  SEC  OK over Fla. 

WVa still plays Army;    Iowa St. still plays Oregon;

Big Ten is 1-0  with  3 games to play.

ACC is 0-2 with  3 to play.

SEC is 0-1 with  6 to play.  

Pac-12 is 0-1  with only 1 more to play.  

Clearly both the Big Ten and Pac 12 had bowl eligible teams that elected not to participate due to health concerns.

The SEC apparently didn't bother with such concerns. 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

3 games today, hooray.

Oh yes that's why I love 💕 college football and the bowl mania.......and the college cheerleaders.   :)

GO BUCKEYES and the BIG TEN........baby !

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....the Big 12 is now 3-0  in bowls  with wins over ACC:  OK St. over Miami;  over Pac 12:   Texas over Colorado;  and over  SEC  OK over Fla. 

WVa still plays Army;    Iowa St. still plays Oregon;

Big Ten is 1-0  with  3 games to play.

ACC is 0-2 with  3 to play.

SEC is 0-1 with  6 to play.  

Pac-12 is 0-1  with only 1 more to play.  

Clearly both the Big Ten and Pac 12 had bowl eligible teams that elected not to participate due to health concerns.

The SEC apparently didn't bother with such concerns. 

Right. I think the health concerns aren't nearly as high down south. Doesn't mean they're right or wrong, just means college football trumps everything else.

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

3 games today, hooray.

And some good games on TH, FRI, SAT.

GO BUCKEYES, have a great new year's day...... baby !     An interesting Ohio sports weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Right. I think the health concerns aren't nearly as high down south. Doesn't mean they're right or wrong, just means college football trumps everything else.

And to be accurate...it isn't just  college football.  It is everything.    See the following map associated with current travel restrictions in the US.  Note that other than Kentucky and Arkansas having some "recommended"  guidelines...NO state in the Southeast/SEC   has any sort of  governmental order in place designed to curb or encourage stay at home orders whereas the NE/Midwest/West do:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/map-coronavirus-travel-restrictions-inside-united-states-n1236157

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

3 games today, hooray.

I went with stupid florida - almost changed it a few times, but decided if I changed it, OK would win.

dammit. lol

3 ints in the first quarter......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I went with stupid florida - almost changed it a few times, but decided if I changed it, OK would win.

dammit. lol

3 ints in the first quarter......

Every time I changed my pick in past year's, I lost. So yeah, I'm standing down this year. But I was under the influence when I picked Cincinnati, so......

• Haha 1

was too busy to pay attention - didn't know Florida was without 7 players, (4 starting wr's) until the game started. lol

Didn't know Xaven Collins opted out of playing for Tulsa - they lost.

and picked San Jose...and they are losing 27-0 first half. 92% picked San Jose.....

Bowl Mania is crazy.

I also picked Cincinnati on an upset pick. We'll see how it goes.....

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

........Bowl Mania is crazy.

I also picked Cincinnati on an upset pick. We'll see how it goes.....

Well 9-0 Cinci  is tough just like they're BUCKEYE coach should be a good game.    Bowl mania is indeed crazy every year !

Should be a good Ohio football 🏈 weekend.

..........well let's make it GO BUCKEYES, BEARCATS and BROWNS,  3 wins......baby !

Edited by mjp28

I'd like to subscribe to the writer that can text me "Draft me! I'm not playing in our bowl game " roster changes 🤓... Than change some game results while sliding con'fuk points accordingly.

butt hurry! you may only get 8 minutes before kickoff 😫... note to self.. I will be hiring former fired Z assistants next season 😋..

Happy Big Bowl Day! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

We have an interesting bowl mania tournament going on !    I can outpoint zombo and mark but Bob has a nice run going on -but- upsets can change everything.  The good part of confidence points.

GEO/CIN 7-7 in the 2nd 12 minutes to half.....now 8 minutes Cinci driving.

Happy New Year to you all !

Edited by mjp28