THE BROWNS BOARD

MNF.... PTG at CIN

Tour2ma

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A few Steelers fans I've talked with are in a bit of denial especially after the 11-0 start.  :o

.........oh and I think the BROWNS are ok if they just take it one game at a time.  Beat the Nyets and they can take on PIT at home !

If it comes down to that, then that game may very well be "flexed"  to the Sunday night spot. 

This was truly unexpected, but its for real, the Bengals have put the hated Steelers in a must win situation. They have the Colts to face, and the COLTS are looking to put the Steelers in a loser column. And then its us against the Steelers, here at home. Let the Dawgs out, call out the Nat'l Guard, be ready for a nasty, fight to the end game. GO BROWNS !!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If it comes down to that, then that game may very well be "flexed"  to the Sunday night spot. 

Preferred spot for sure.  There is a scenario still where we are playing for the division crown with a win or a loss puts us at 8 and out of the playoffs.

I think I’d rather know what we are up against at the late spot than play the early game

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Preferred spot for sure.  There is a scenario still where we are playing for the division crown with a win or a loss puts us at 8 and out of the playoffs.

I think I’d rather know what we are up against at the late spot than play the early game

I am seeing on the schedule that there is NO Sunday night game on the schedule for that last day of play.  Maybe they mean to have no SNF game that day.

The other potentially meaningful game on the schedule that week could be the Giants/Cowboys....if those 2 teams are still in it for that NFCE title. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I was just in that Arena in Lake Placid where that happened in September!  I got all verklempt being in there. 

Wow. To watch that history being made  in person...very cool !

Just now, calfoxwc said:

Wow. To watch that history being made  in person...very cool !

Well....I was not there at the game in person.....I just went to that arena 40 years later.

I was still in my final year of law school iliving on Shaker Square  when that happened, watching at my apartment.  My roommate was actually a bigger hockey fan than I was (when it came to like the NHL)...but we enjoyed the hell out of that game. 

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am seeing on the schedule that there is NO Sunday night game on the schedule for that last day of play.  Maybe they mean to have no SNF game that day.

The other potentially meaningful game on the schedule that week could be the Giants/Cowboys....if those 2 teams are still in it for that NFCE title. 

Yup Gipper. Checking the week 17 schedule,  there's no SNF or MNF that week. Though there is the possibility CBS could flex the Browns- Steelers game into the 4PM time slot and make it the national game. Currently, that's the  Raiders- Broncos.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup Gipper. Checking the week 17 schedule,  there's no SNF or MNF that week. Though there is the possibility CBS could flex the Browns- Steelers game into the 4PM time slot and make it the national game. Currently, that's the  Raiders- Broncos.  

I believe the NFL did away with the SNF & MNF games a few years ago so no team was at a possible competitive disadvantage heading into the playoffs (short week). 

It also wanted to emphasize the importance of Week 17 with playoff spots on the line. Lots of scoreboard watching.

This year may be especially crazy in week 17. A few good teams will be left out.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know the Bengals have won, what, 4.5 games under Zac Taylor in almost 2 seasons, but man, they play hard for him, always. 

Funny thing is, I actually believe Taylor can be a pretty good coach.   They were incredibly competitive with a rookie QB under center.  Just one of those teams, much like the Browns, that needs some time and additional youthful talent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I believe the NFL did away with the SNF & MNF games a few years ago so no team was at a possible competitive disadvantage heading into the playoffs (short week). 

It also wanted to emphasize the importance of Week 17 with playoff spots on the line. Lots of scoreboard watching.

This year may be especially crazy in week 17. A few good teams will be left out.

That is correct but they also put all the games with "meaning" at the same time so there's no advantage or a team not having to play the last weekend because of an earlier result. 

Apparently NBC still holds the Sunday night window and could take a game and put it there if they choose to so keep that in mind also.   But at the very least it's likely we play in the 4pm eastern time window in week 17.

• Upvote 1

I will feel better if the Raiders beat Miami on Saturday. Then we are guaranteed a spot and beating the Steelers, assuming they lose to the Colts, will be icing on the cake. Otherwise it might come down to beat the Steelers we're in, lose to them and we are out of the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

That is correct but they also put all the games with "meaning" at the same time so there's no advantage or a team not having to play the last weekend because of an earlier result. 

Apparently NBC still holds the Sunday night window and could take a game and put it there if they choose to so keep that in mind also.   But at the very least it's likely we play in the 4pm eastern time window in week 17.

Yea.    I am  thinking that if it is Browns/Steelers  mano a mano for the division title.....that solves the issue of someone taking it easy because of the results of games earlier in the day.  And why would they not want that ratings bonanza?      I think they used to do that as well in deference to big bowl games....but that may not be the case now.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I will feel better if the Raiders beat Miami on Saturday. Then we are guaranteed a spot and beating the Steelers, assuming they lose to the Colts, will be icing on the cake. Otherwise it might come down to beat the Steelers we're in, lose to them and we are out of the playoffs.

True dat.   The NFL actually has a game Friday:  Vikings -Saints

3 games Saturday:    Bucs/Lions   49ers/Cardinals   and Raiders/Dolphins

But, the next week, Final week:   No Friday/no Saturday/no Sunday night/no Monday night games. 

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Is Darnold good enough to be their QB going forward? I'll let ya know what I think on that next week.  :)

Since he's been back after being benched, he's shown flashes, but then comes a WTF play.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Funny thing is, I actually believe Taylor can be a pretty good coach.   They were incredibly competitive with a rookie QB under center.  Just one of those teams, much like the Browns, that needs some time and additional youthful talent.

Agree... The fail that got them Burrow was manufactured and they simply did not reload enough to pull out of the power dive in time. Unfortunately it was Burrow that was mangled in the crash.

Question now is do they get the good Burrow back? Odds are they do, but they'd better get an OL in front of him STAT!

Makes me wonder how Baker survived 2019...

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thrilled to see Tour is still lighting that proverbial candle for Sashi. 

Ring-a-ding-ding

Actually not so much Sashi as The Process...

... but I'm good with V2.0.

5 hours ago, Silver slayer said:

Once again,  Sunday night football in weeks 17 has NOT  been eliminated. 

They just don't schedule any games that week until the conclusion of week 16 so the game with the most implications is placed there.

OK, excuse me for being skeptical- but you're right.  Last year the 49ers and Seahawks did play Sunday night week 17.  

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Drink a can of Skyline? Barf!!!  Or their competitor Gold Star Chili- the taste will make you vomit. Drink a Little Kings, a  Hudepohl, or the latest Cinci abomination Rhinegeist.  For a supposed "craft" beer- it sucks... https://rhinegeist.com/beer/   Give me Great Lakes, or give me death... 

• Haha 1