THE BROWNS BOARD

If the Playoffs started today 12/22

The Gipper

If the Playoffs started today, here is who is in, and who would be in:

AFC

AFCE   Bills  11-3  #2 seed     Clinched division

AFCN  Steelers  11-3  #3 seed    Clinched playoff spot

AFCS  Titans  10-4   #4 seed   lead over Colts based on division record

AFCW  Chiefs  13-1  #1 seed  Clinched Division  (but not yet clinched #1 seed yet)

Wildcards:   #5  Browns  10-4...won head to head over Colts;   #6 Colts 10-4   #7   Dolphins   9-5  wins over Balt. better conf. record

In the Hunt:   Ravens   9-5   Raiders  7-7  not mathematically eliminated yet

NFC

NFCE  Washington  6-8   #4 seed

NFCN  Packers  11-3   #1 seed    clinched division

NFCS  Saints   10-4 #2 seed   clinched playoff spot

NFCW  Seahawks  10-4  #3 seed   clinched playoff spot

Wildcards:  #5  Rams   9-5  head to head edge over TB.   #6.  Bucs  9-5  #7 Cardinals  8-6

In the Hunt:   Bears  7-7; Vikings 6-8.     Also:  Cowboys/Giants/Eagles all methematically  alive for  NFCE title 

Note: as you can see, only 3 teams in each Conf. have clinched a playoff spot so far.   So, 8 other playoff spots still up for grabs. 

• Upvote 1

The "Race" for the #1 overall pick:

1. Jaguars   1-13   Tanking for Trevor

2. Jets   1-13    blew the Trevor sweepstakes by winning

3. Bengals  3-10-1   winning did not lose them their place in order

4. Panthers  4-10

5. Falcons  4-10

6. Texans  4-10   pick traded to Miami

7. Eagles  4-9-1   but if by some miracle they could pull out the NFCE, their spot could plummet into the 20s.

Six teams are tied at 5-9

Games this week between teams that are in or are "in the hunt":

Vikings vs. Saints    loss would likely be curtains for Minn. chances

Miami v. LV     Raiders need to win to keep hopes alive....and we need them to win

Colts v. Steelers    we know the significance of this one

NY Giants  vs. Ravens.   Maybe we can get some luck here.   Giants were tough against the run.

Eagles vs. Cowboys     For survival in the shitty NFCE

Titans vs. Packers   Sunday Night  At the frozen Tundra.  Packers can do us a favor. 

Note this Factoid:

The Packers and the Chiefs are currently the #1 seeds in each conference.   And theoretically could be in line to face off in the Super Bowl.

That is:   it could be a rematch of Super Bowl  I.    Played after the 1966 season.

But, I would prefer a rematch of the  NFL Championship game of  1965.

And guess who played in that game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Note this Factoid:

The Packers and the Chiefs are currently the #1 seeds in each conference.   And theoretically could be in line to face off in the Super Bowl.

That is:   it could be a rematch of Super Bowl  I.    Played after the 1966 season.

But, I would prefer a rematch of the  NFL Championship game of  1965.

And guess who played in that game. 

Browns vs the Pack

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Browns vs the Pack

But what most of you don't remember of know in 1965 the Pack beat the Colts on a last second field goal by don chandler that was no good and the refs inexplicitly called it good....the reason they raised the goal post after that game....or it would of been browns vs colts....just a tidbit of nfl lore

3 minutes ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

But what most of you don't remember of know in 1965 the Pack beat the Colts on a last second field goal by don chandler that was no good and the refs inexplicitly called it good....the reason they raised the goal post after that game....or it would of been browns vs colts....just a tidbit of nfl lore

I remember.....that was the Tom Matte wristband  at QB game because both Unitas and his backup  (I think: Gary Cuozzo)  got hurt.

But, FYI, they didn't raise them high enough.....or else the same thing would have been proven in 1986:    Karlis missed.

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

In an entirely unexpected twist of fate, Josh Gordon has once again been popped for banned substances.  The jokes write themselves!

... Wrong thread?

In other new around the league, i.e NFC playoff picture :

Green Bay,   New Orleans and  Seattle clinch their divisions.  They now are vying for the 1,2,3 seeding

Tampa Bay clinched  a playoff spot which will likely be the #5 spot. 

Rams and Bears are currently in playoff position, but Cards are still alive.......no one has clinched.   Rams/Bears/Cardinals......3 teams vying for 2 playoff spots

Rams and Cardinals go at it next Sunday....    Bears have their old nemesis the Packers at home. 

Eagles finally got eliminated.   It took until the next to last week for a now  5-10-1 team to get aufed.

BUT.....  Dallas,   Washington, and the Giants are each still alive for the  NFCE title.    Cowboys and WTFs are 6-9, and Giants are 5-10,    

WTF currently holds the league based on beating Dallas twice.    But that could all change next week.

Dallas and NY Giants go head to head next Sunday   while the WTFs play the Eagles. 

In the AFC.....only one spot remains to be decided:

Will the #7 spot go to the  Colts or the Dolphins?

Today the Bills crushed the Dolphins, and perhaps their playoff hopes with it.   Colts are up big now vs.  Jags.

Titans up on the Texans and it looks like they will take the AFCS.   They win division with a win. If they lose and Colts win, Colts win division. If Colts lose, they are out completely. If both win,   Loser of Division takes #7 spot. 

In the NFC....three  spots still up this afternoon and tonight:

Three teams vying for  2 playoff spots as WCs:   Rams/Cards/Bears.     Bears losing to Packers now.     Cards lead Rams  7-5 near half. (but I hear Murray is out of the game with ankle injury)  If Bears lose, they are out if Cards win.  If Cards lose and Bears lose.....Bears are in, Cards out. 

Also...the NFCE.   If  Washington beats Eagles tonight, they win that Div.   If  Eagles win,   Giants...at 6-10 and who beat the Cowgirls today would win.

Jags close to within 6, 20-14 Colts..just starting the 4th... (edit--Colts go up 2 scores 28-14..3:35 left)

Tits are choking away a big lead.. 1:20 left in 3rd.. Tits still up 31-28  (edit-- Texans take 35-31 lead with 10 mins left)

I still can't wipe our victory smile off my face watching these losers :D

are you kidding me Texans? ..there kick could have been good from 60...38 a piece 4 seconds left..after a huge bomb to AJ Brown.Tits doink a final FG that falls over the crossbar..41-38 Tits win final

1 minute ago, BobPOUND! said:

Ok. So where does that leave us... Titans won.. Miami Lost, Colts won, we won, Ravens Won.. Do we get Pittsburg again in Pittsburg?

Yes we do.  I don't really like best of three but the BROWNS are in it.

Oh how about that doink FG win for TEN.

39 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so at the conclusion of todays games we should have the playoff schedule ?

It is set in the AFC.......Browns at  Steelers.   Ravens at Tits;     Colts at.  Bills.     Times and days  I don't know.

KC has bye despite losing today by pretty much not playing anyone. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is set in the AFC.......Browns at  Steelers.   Ravens at Tits;     Colts at.  Bills.     Times and days  I don't know.

KC has bye despite losing today by pretty much not playing anyone. 

time and days is what i meant fingers crossed for sunday so Ward can play

5 minutes ago, ATOM said:

time and days is what i meant fingers crossed for sunday so Ward can play

Yea,  haven't see anything confirmed.  There is  one more spot TBD:   NFCE champ.

They probably won't assign games until that is determined:

Saturday, Jan. 9
TBD at TBD; 1:05 p.m. ET; ESPN/ABC
TBD at TBD; 4:40 p.m. ET, CBS
TBD at TBD, 8: 15 p.m. ET, NBC

Sunday, Jan. 10
TBD at TBD, 1:05 p.m. ET, FOX
TBD at TBD, 4:40 p.m. ET, CBS
TBD at TBD, 8:15 p.m. ET, NBC

NFL