THE BROWNS BOARD

Not a Fan of Njoku

Barry

I noticed that Njoku had a good PFF rating for the Giants game so props to him for that. But even up here in the nosebleed section you could tell that he's been pissed off this year at the lack of balls thrown his way. This video confirms it. Just look at how he's looking at Baker at the end of the video. I can't help but contrast that with Chubb running out of bounds and how he gets along with Hunt. 

From a talent viewpoint, and financial, he wouldn't be difficult to replace. And we don't know how he is in the locker room but he comes off like an a-hole here, imo. He could have joked with Baker and said "Hey...take a look where I was when you see the film."

38 minutes ago, nickers said:

We're embarking on a playoff run and you are worried about Njoku?... C'Mon man!!!!... I'm more concerned about the D...

You're right. It's only because there seems to be a hell of a lot of team support for one another that his attitude stood out to me. It should definitely be far down on the list of worries.

7 hours ago, Barry said:

I noticed that Njoku had a good PFF rating for the Giants game so props to him for that. But even up here in the nosebleed section you could tell that he's been pissed off this year at the lack of balls thrown his way. This video confirms it. Just look at how he's looking at Baker at the end of the video. I can't help but contrast that with Chubb running out of bounds and how he gets along with Hunt. 

From a talent viewpoint, and financial, he wouldn't be difficult to replace. And we don't know how he is in the locker room but he comes off like an a-hole here, imo. He could have joked with Baker and said "Hey...take a look where I was when you see the film."

I think Bake and NoJoke get along great, and that look was just a good-natured I told you so.

We are stacked at TE right now, NoJoke will make some plays down the stretch.

Z

• Like 1

I theorized a while back that Mayfield and Njoku had a bristly relationship, but both seem to be working well together professionally these days. On this play, if l had to guess, it was just a case where Baker gutted up with where he was going to throw the ball even before he saw who was where. Kind of like a batter deciding he’s going to swing at a pitch before it’s even in the air.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nero said:

I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

The shot from behind shows that when Njoku flashes into Bakers view, he is stumbling. By the time Njoku rights the proverbial ship, Mayfield is looking towards Landry and is in the process of cocking his arm back to throw to him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku

Totally agree. Njoku was completely messing with him. 😂

I believe most of us have been very disappointed with Njoku - I certainly have been. Hopefully he has grown up a bit, and Hooper is a great influence on him.

He's been playing really well - I didn't notice how much:

https://www.brownsnation.com/david-njoku-having-quietly-effective-season-for-browns/

• Upvote 1