THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers - Claypool

BrownsfaninPa

Here is a guy we need to pay very close attention to. He is quick, and can catch almost everything Ben  Roethlisberger throws to him. We need to cover him so close, we can smell his breath. No grabbing, no interference calls, just stick to him so he cant catch anything. Our defensive line will put pressure on Ben to force the ball and hopefully cause interceptions.

1 hour ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Here is a guy we need to pay very close attention to. He is quick, and can catch almost everything Ben  Roethlisberger throws to him. We need to cover him so close, we can smell his breath. No grabbing, no interference calls, just stick to him so he cant catch anything. Our defensive line will put pressure on Ben to force the ball and hopefully cause interceptions.

Ward could do it alone, but our safeties will have to play their best game of the year.

It's not just Claypool's speed... it's his size and strength as well.

6'4 and 238... shades of Josh Gordon minus the baggage.

Kid is quite a package... if he's not now (and at least per Ourlads, he's not), he will soon be their #1 WR... and will be so for a while.

40 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

sendejo is back .  😳

With Harrison out... you should be glad...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

It's not just Claypool's speed... it's his size and strength as well.

6'4 and 238... shades of Josh Gordon minus the baggage.

Kid is quite a package... if he's not now (and at least per Ourlads, he's not), he will soon be their #1 WR... and will be so for a while.

He's a tank. If he stays on this trajectory he's going to be Calvin Johnson dominant. I'm still not sure why he fell into the second round other than the smaller sample size. 

3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Radio said today..Ward may not play again

I’ll be honest, I didn't understand how he would be able to play. He tested positive like 7 days ago and wasn’t just in protocol. He’d have to get over it and test negative 4 times right? 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Jesus.... I didn’t even hear about him testing positive.... who the hell are the Browns even going to have left to play defense??? Chubb and Hunt better run the ball 45 times for like 3 yards a carry just to try to run the damn clock out....

5 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

It can stay in your system for weeks...doesnt mean your contagious tho.

Ya but doesn’t it still show positive on a test and don’t they have to test negative 4 times before they can play? I guess I don’t understand

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's a tank. If he stays on this trajectory he's going to be Calvin Johnson dominant. I'm still not sure why he fell into the second round other than the smaller sample size. 

I love ''Mapletron'' as a nickname, LOL. Yeah he looks good and has produced in what I think is a loaded WR room. 

21 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

The defensive gameplan is little easier when you face a team that can’t run the ball.  So it isn’t all doom n gloom for us.  But Let’s not suddenly let them do that. 

Your last line mentioned the key.

Ben needs to be pressured and We need to win one on one battles in the trenches to do that.  And if that is not working we need to add a 5th, 6th maybe 7th guy to get after Ben. You stop Claypool by not giving him a catchable ball.

This defense is not built to beat the Steelers offense.  Steeler WRs space and missing tackles and letting Ben set his feet with no pressure. 

Limit their number of drives and then maybe disrupt a couple drives with a Myles sack and Myles hold call (if we can get one of those).  Maybe the Steelers have a few unforced errors that stall another drive maybe a missed kick with another drive.   That would leave the Steelers maybe 24-28 points.  

17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I'm still not sure why he fell into the second round other than the smaller sample size. 

That and... as I have to explain to folks around here... only 32 players can be taken in the 1st round. Sometimes really good players worthy of being picked in the 1st are simply pushed out. In all 6 WRs went in 2020's 1st round.

As to why Chase (great WR name BTW...) was around at pick #49... basically mid-2nd round? Chase's resume may have been a factor there, but almost all the WRs taken before him in Round 2... and there were 4... had really good rookie years as well. The exception I see is K.J. Hamler at #46 overall... but then... Elway, sooooo. Even more puzzling was he had already taken Jeudy in Round 1, but might help explain Horse-face's recent "promotion" out of the GM job. 😂

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The defensive gameplan is little easier when you face a team that can’t run the ball.  So it isn’t all doom n gloom for us.  But Let’s not suddenly let them do that. 

Your last line mentioned the key.

Ben needs to be pressured and We need to win one on one battles in the trenches to do that.  And if that is not working we need to add a 5th, 6th maybe 7th guy to get after Ben. You stop Claypool by not giving him a catchable ball.

This defense is not built to beat the Steelers offense.  Steeler WRs space and missing tackles and letting Ben set his feet with no pressure. 

Limit their number of drives and then maybe disrupt a couple drives with a Myles sack and Myles hold call (if we can get one of those).  Maybe the Steelers have a few unforced errors that stall another drive maybe a missed kick with another drive.   That would leave the Steelers maybe 24-28 points.  

It is difficult to pressure BR.  He gets rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds on average.  That is no time at all.  Even blitzing 2-3 guys would not help against that. 

The fact is, your  back 7 has to put close coverage on the Steeler receiving corps......and that is what our defense is bad at.  Worse if they are missing some of their best guys. 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:32 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Basically, one of two things have to happen for the Browns to win. 

Bad weather comes in, and the Browns pound out an ugly 13-10 type game like we saw a few weeks ago, or they win an absolute shootout. 

How bout a 3rd? ...

bfd18df3da4d84e281f9c33b1e7ea328.jpg