THE BROWNS BOARD

You people are nuts ...

TheBestPlayersPlay

It's the first preseason game ....relax.

J. Davis looked good

Veikune looked good, relentless

Alex Hall looked good, explosive

Bowens looked good

Rubin looked good

BQ looked good

Furrey looked very good, exactly what BQ needs to sustain drives

Francies looks like a keeper

Titus Brown also looking good

E Wright not bad

Cribbs looks like a threat, needs ball more

In summary, not all is doom and gloom. I personally am excited to see the team progress through the preseason ....and surprise everyone come the regular seaon. Scoreboard doesn't mean a lick in preseason imo.

At least there's someone with optimism.

Positives

Quinn looked solid

Furrey filled the role JJ filled back in 07

Rubin looked excellent

Cribbs looked good

We held the team to 17 points

The brown pants

Negatives

We didn't score a touchdown

Braylon Edwards( :angry:)

We lost again, with the brown pants...

DA was just being a DA(DUMB ASS) :lol:

I was only able to watch the last drive at the end of the first half, but Quinn did look pretty good. We should really have scored on both of those drives. I expect Mangini to be all over the team for the penalties and stupid mistakes being made.

We were killed in the running game, but wasn't Rodgers missing from the game tonight? I have to believe that if he were around the Green Bay QBs wouldn't have had 5+ seconds to throw the ball, or quite as many gaps for the RBs to hit.

At least there's someone with optimism.

Positives

Quinn looked solid

Furrey filled the role JJ filled back in 07

Rubin looked excellent

Cribbs looked good

We held the team to 17 points

The brown pants

Negatives

We didn't score a touchdown

Braylon Edwards( :angry:)

We lost again, with the brown pants...

Nice summary but you forgot to add DA to the short list of negatives...something simple like..."DA was DA".. Buhahahaha!

ture but we need a touchdown at least even a win would b nice once in a while more than once every 10 games

Its a preseason game! ffs man the lions won all 4 of them last season and look what happened. These game don't mean crap.

The Browns simply don't have much talent. If Mangini can get this team to 5 wins, he had a successfull season. Next year, hopefully into the 7-9 range.

If Brady turns out better than I think, everything speeds up a year.

Dude seriously are you even a fan?

Didn't get to see the game and I know that drops of BQ passes mean more than drops of DA passes and I would not even venture to say that DA did anything being that he had a 0.0 rating. But, I find it hard to say that a Qb with a 43 rating did good. Maybe he would have had a 80 rating if BE does not drop the ball but come on folks as many here have stated all QB have dropped balls. And if it was DA with the 43 rating you would all rag on him like there was no tomorrow no matter what the reason.

Now 43 is allot better than 0.0. So I would not say BQ looked good, I would say he looked less terrible than DA.

Didn't get to see the game and I know that drops of BQ passes mean more than drops of DA passes and I would not even venture to say that DA did anything being that he had a 0.0 rating. But, I find it hard to say that a Qb with a 43 rating did good. Maybe he would have had a 80 rating if BE does not drop the ball but come on folks as many here have stated all QB have dropped balls. And if it was DA with the 43 rating you would all rag on him like there was no tomorrow no matter what the reason.

Now 43 is allot better than 0.0. So I would not say BQ looked good, I would say he looked less terrible than DA.

for someone who admits to not seeing the game, I dunno if your qualified to say who looked good or bad. if you watched the game you would have known, regardless of numbers that BQ looked good, in command, and poised. where DA looked like a deer in the headlights.

I said in one of the posts that I was lookign forward to seeing the highlights of the pick and the command of the game. I was just going by the stats. And by the stats I would say that BQ had a better game, after all how can anybody have anything positive to say about a QB with a 0.0 rating?

Obviously BQ looked the best of the 3 QBs and I would say that DA must had looked the worst. I am just saying that no Qb with a 43 rating could have looked that good, except that you are comparing him to a QB with a 0.0 rating.

he looked better than a 43. the only reason his rating was bad was because of that int. other than that he looked good the rest of the game. the int, while a bad move, wasn't as costly as the DA int.

i would have to disagree with you on this and say that it was more costly than the da int because it did cost a td or even 3 points

the DA int turned into a TD I believe, at the very least ate up alot of clock in their favor, the other one was trying to get a TD before the half ended. theres no guarentee that we would have scored a TD had the pass just been incomplete. hence not as costly. kinda like throwing a hail mary that gets intercepted at the end of the game or half.

neither one was smart tho, and BQ shoulda put it in, and would have if that wasn't edwards at WR. robo woulda caught that no problem.

Come on, even if you're the more optimistic fan - today was a perfect excuse for suckage. We can't score a TD?

We traded a 1st round pick for 0 TD's?

Hell I'd rather go back in time for the 1st round pick we were offered and play the season with DA.

0 TD's and 4 INT's?

Yeah I am really happy we chose - AGAIN - a first time OC.

A couple things to keep in mind regarding the QB ratings.....

DA threw only 2 passes. One probably should have been picked and the other was.

BQ played very well except for one pass that got picked in the endzone.

Either one of these guys would have higher QB ratings over a full game, unless you assume that DA is gonna throw a pick every pass attempt, or that BQ is gonna get picked on every trip in the red zone.

They each had only 2 series, so with such a limited sample size that makes the QBR statistic highly volatile as a gauge of actual performance.

The more telling thing is that the team drove the field with one QB, but couldn't even manage a flippin' 1st down with the other.

Guest Aloysius
Hood didnt look so bad either...;)

On the play in which DB Brandon Anderson hit Matt Flynn, receiver Ruvell Martin beat Hood badly with a double move. Were it not for the QB hit, Martin would have scored a touchdown.

That, to me, was a sign that Hood shouldn't be playing outside. He's more a nickel corner, and I think that showed tonight.

Guest Aloysius
J. Davis looked good

He got beat twice in blitz pickup, allowing Will Blackmon to strip the ball and Desmond Bishop to come in & sack Ratliff. He almost did something on that screen play, but he only ended up getting six yards.

Overall, it wasn't a great day for Davis.

Bowens looked good

I think you mean Mosley, who was phenomenal. Bowens didn't play.

To be honest, I wasn't impressed with anything he did tonight. Marcus Benard had a much better game.

It's the first preseason game ....relax.

J. Davis looked good

Veikune looked good, relentless

Alex Hall looked good, explosive

Bowens looked good

Rubin looked good

BQ looked good

Furrey looked very good, exactly what BQ needs to sustain drives

Francies looks like a keeper

E Wright not bad Sucked, you cannot tackle from your knees or you loose all your strength to bring anyone down.

Cribbs looks like a threat, needs ball more Is only a threat if you line him up at HB, among KR

Dawson ? how do you miss on a 41 yard field goal attempt? :unsure:

In summary, not all is doom and gloom. I personally am excited to see the team progress through the preseason ....and surprise everyone come the regular seaon. Scoreboard doesn't mean a lick in preseason imo. I agree

I added my thoughts in color

Archived