THE BROWNS BOARD

Austin Hooper

hx214

Alright, so I refused to write anything negative about the game today, rode the high all day shoving it in the Pittsburgh fans at work (one of which wouldn’t even come out of his office, which is funny because he’s usually the biggest dick of them all...) but anyway. 

WTF is up with Austin Hooper and his drops? I read an article about last season. The guy had 93 targets and two drops.

I’d venture to say, two drops might be his average PER GAME this year.  He dropped at least three passes last night that could have had some game changing effects that hit him right in the hands....

That dude is making WAY to much money to not be a reliable target on 3rd down and in the red zone.  

Now I’ve seen some throws to him that aren’t exactly gimme’s but a guy making that kind of money, should make anything in his catch radius look like a pitch and catch...

He has some drops, but the speed is what I'm most concerned about. Bryant and Njoku both are way faster. Still he is a very good weapon and gets open... 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nero said:

He has some drops, but the speed is what I'm most concerned about. Bryant and Njoku both are way faster. Still he is a very good weapon and gets open... 

There was one close up of Hoop Sunday nite that made me say to myself, "He looks pudgy."

While he was no gazelle with ATL... was never a lean TE in the mold of Jimmie Graham... I don't remember him being pudgy. Also did not have that impression earlier in the season.

So maybe I'm mistaken now or maybe he has spent his days when Berea is closed eating pancakes...