THE BROWNS BOARD

Just Imagine.......

BobPOUND!

We have done something I didn't think I would see for years. And that is the Browns not only making the playoffs, not only winning the first round, but doing it against our former arch rivals the Steelers(is this the beginning of a new rivalry, one where we win).

Whatever happens Sunday we Browns fans can finally say we've broken the new Browns losing streaks on just about every single level. NO more do I have to listen to some dumbass announcer scouring the internet to find out how long it has been since the Browns did X... I am done with that Shit!

But what about next year? Or the year after that?  

Imagine.. Next year we come out and show that this wasn't a fluke Covid-19 year. But in fact it tempered us in the worst fire this league has endured since its inception. Imagine next year we make the playoffs and then the year after that. As a long suffering fan I am savoring these last few games like I am anticipating another long drought of no water. But what if we FINALLY have the right pieces in place and realize we aren't in a desert and we found an oasis. But rather we've found ourselves in a land where getting water and food is normal. 

So think about what it might feel like to be a New England fan. I remember a time when it was an embarrassment to be a Patriots fan or a New Orleans fan.. Now look at them and their fans. Imagine how you will feel when we start to put together not just 11 wins in a season, but rather years and years of winning seasons.

I feel we are on the cusp of a long term trend. And I need to adjust my "poor me" browns fan mentality and start expecting what we saw this year.

BobPound!

• Upvote 1

I will agree to that 100%. Time for the Browns to get the respect it used to have when the Browns were playoff contenders often. It would be so good to see the Steelers fall from top to bottom and let them be bottom dwellers for awhile. Time for the Browns to compete with the Ravens for AFC North titles.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I LOVE their confidence and kick football ass attitude.

Starts from Cool Hand Luke Stefanski.

Just wait til they have another draft.

What if we pull off the unthinkable this year?..  Until we lose... A chance of that happening remains very real....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

What if we pull off the unthinkable this year?..  Until we lose... A chance of that happening remains very real....

You don’t know what next season or the season after have in store they have to take this opportunity and play with their hair on fire.  I’m sure they are setting that tone in Berea.  

We have reinforcements coming back that can only increase the level of confidence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Philosophy Major? ;)

Man... I'm trying to stay in the moment and not think about "the unthinkable"... just like our team.

As for 2021 season and beyond...

I've got no concerns about the direction our talent is going to go. Also no doubt that a second year under our staff is going to improve the product they put on the field. But next season's schedule is gonna be a bitch compared to 2020, so I'm cooling my expectation jets a tad.

Plus there's the "sneak" factor... every opponent this year had the right to "Browns are the Browns" us, because we had been who we were for so long. And WR quotes this and last week tell us that's still where teams are.

Good... let them underestimate us, but that's in the here and now. By next season it'll be substantially reduced... week to week teams will be taking us more and more seriously.

Also good... cause that's what we want. But there will be weeks when we will have to let increased respect for our team suffice because a well prepared, better team will beat us. But the cool thing is more and more I think that better team will be us.

GO BROWNS!