THE BROWNS BOARD

What we need to make our offense click.

Mr. T

Wide Receivers,

Yes Mangini did get 2 in the draft and we are trying to groom Cribbs into becoming the next Slash, from what I saw we need a threat, the guy who will make a defensive back go into cardiac arrest when he is lined up acrossed from him.

You cannot count on BE his head is bigger than his game. And as for Stallworthless everybody knows his pathetic story.

At the current time if Mangini cannot get Robiskie out on the field and more involved into the game plan we are going to be in for some long Sunday afternoons.

And as far as thinking of making St. Clair a starter on the O line, forget it, he is to slow and looks as if he lost a couple of steps. I was hoping we would be able to get some more mileage out of him.

We need to give Quinn the reigns and get on with it.

Agree on St. Clair. He is serviceable at best.

/agree on giving Quinn the reigns but obviously mangini isnt through wasting his ,ours and the teams time on anderception who looks exactly the way he has looked for 2 years with no improvement after reading mangini's statement and seeing that rattlif is an even more failed version of DA i have to think mangini has the hots for DA..which is unfortunate for the club and the fans because its obvious BQ has superior movement and tactic on the field its a no brainer that needs no further looking into...

BQ will only get better with live game experience DA will always be hot and cold...whats mangini waiting for?

DA to have one hot drive out of 10 to declare him the winner?

Our offensive line is going to be a mess this year especially on the right side any injury to thomas or steiny and we are in serious trouble and i would prefer BQ at the helm for that alone....however the condition of our oline almost gaurantees we will see both if not all 3 qbs on the field at some point this season..

Guest Aloysius
We need to give Quinn the reigns and get on with it.

Agree on St. Clair. He is serviceable at best.

I don't think St. Clair was the problem. From what I saw, Steinbach and Womack struggled more in pass pro.

But I agree with your first point: the offense clearly ran better when Quinn was in there, especially the o-line. Though I expect DA will start the next game, I think Quinn took a big lead last night. The pick was inexcusable, but the difference between these two plays was pretty big:

(7:50, 1st Quarter) Quinn reads strongside blitz, adjusts call. St. Clair punches first man, then kicks out and stops outside blitzer. Quinn throws to Robert Royal for 7 yard completion.

(1:52, 1st Quarter) Anderson doesn't see the corner blitz. Right side overloaded. St. Clair and Jamal both block the cornerback. Aaron Kampman successfully bull-rushes Womack. LB Brandon Chillar sneaks in and hits Anderson. Dangerous pop fly dropped by Robert Royal. Mangini chokes on his gum.

I'm not as high on Quinn as you are, but I agree that he's the one who should be running this offense. Unless he looks next Saturday like DA did last night.

I don't think St. Clair was the problem. From what I saw, Steinbach and Womack struggled more in pass pro.

But I agree with your first point: the offense clearly ran better when Quinn was in there, especially the o-line. Though I expect DA will start the next game, I think Quinn took a big lead last night. The pick was inexcusable, but the difference between these two plays was pretty big:

(7:50, 1st Quarter) Quinn reads strongside blitz, adjusts call. St. Clair punches first man, then kicks out and stops outside blitzer. Quinn throws to Robert Royal for 7 yard completion.

(1:52, 1st Quarter) Anderson doesn't see the corner blitz. Right side overloaded. St. Clair and Jamal both block the cornerback. Aaron Kampman successfully bull-rushes Womack. LB Brandon Chillar sneaks in and hits Anderson. Dangerous pop fly dropped by Robert Royal. Mangini chokes on his gum.

I'm not as high on Quinn as you are, but I agree that he's the one who should be running this offense. Unless he looks next Saturday like DA did last night.

You dont have to be high on BQ to see the difference in caliber it just shows..and i suspect it will continue to show next week and the smear and jeer crowd will be in full attendance to boo and yell at DAs every sluggish panicky kneejerk reaction and excuses...if he starts anything less than a very good drive will evoke BRADY BRADY BRADY upon our ears...regardless BQ wins the starting job next week unless he has an absolutely horrific game and DA has a 1 outta 6 hot streak or its prerigged in DAs favor which means 4-12 again or worse..;)

DAs performance was reminiscent to his game against baltimore, my assumption on St. Clair was when DA was in the game and DA teleraphed the lateral to Harrison and it seemed as if St. Clair arrived after the accident much like a traffic cop. the man has slowed down.

As a note on WR's Furrey looked the most dependable out of all of them. he caught some bullet passes and moved the chains.

at this point, there is not a single bubble receiver fighing for a spot that can't perform as well as edwards. xxxx his value.....sit his ass and develop the young guys. if this is gonna be a rebuilding year, momass#1 and robiske #2......it'd be the story of the NFL with quinn tying it all together.

BE is wasting a roster spot.

at this point, there is not a single bubble receiver fighing for a spot that can't perform as well as edwards. xxxx his value.....sit his ass and develop the young guys. if this is gonna be a rebuilding year, momass#1 and robiske #2......it'd be the story of the NFL with quinn tying it all together.

BE is wasting a roster spot.

Possibly a trade of Edwards would be a good thing right now, we could use another lineman whether its offense or defense, 16 games is a long season at the speeds the NFL play at you can never have enough Fat Boys

Pretty much agree, although I think it was St. Clair who let an unblocked end come directly over his right shoulder untouched to pressure Quinn on the first incompletion to Ali. Just one play though.

BQ will only get better with live game experience DA will always be hot and cold...whats mangini waiting for?

DA to have one hot drive out of 10 to declare him the winner?

Quinn and Anderson have only played one preseason game under mangini. Anderson has started for two years. Shouldn't Quinn earn the starters job on the field?

Archived