THE BROWNS BOARD

the little things

I purposely did not use caps in my thread title because that is the way this movie is captioned.     It stars  Denzel Washington as a "retired" LA homicide detective who had been working for  5 years out in  a rural California county,  and Rami Malek as  the new hotshot  homicide detective.  Their paths cross  when both are on the lookout for a serial killer.  

Lets just say that for the first 3/4ths of the movie it seems a fairly straightforward cop trying to catch killer.....but then it goes off into  some strange tangents.....that  still have my head scratching.  Let's just say that they think they have their guy....played by Jared Leto (with the unmistakeable resemblance to Charles Manson...he even has a copy of Helter Skelter ..the novel, in his collection).  But then, there is a big "Maybe" to the whole thing.   Very riveting...when not confusing.  The confusion being part of what makes it riveting. 

• Upvote 2

being Denzel Washington, I wanted to see this film.

You are right about the twist it takes when "Deke" and his struggle with his past comes full circle near the end.

And the subsequent events that get passed along to the detective ( Malik) when he is in a situation with the suspect, 

(but really, digging the holes to the whims of the suspect?)

the final scene (past) with the coroner and the police chief made sense as they worked together to help Deke out. 

and finally the red beret that he (Deke) sent to detective - (characters name escapes me) 

as a reminder to what he says - " its the little things"  is kinda cryptic....

• Upvote 1