THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to celebrate 75th Anniversary in 2021

Dutch Oven

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/01/30/cleveland-browns-to-wear-alternate-uniform-in-2021-for-75th-anniversary/football/

Since they basically wear their classic uniforms now, with small changes, and also have the Kardiac Kids era orange pants too, not sure what these alternate uniforms will look like. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/01/30/cleveland-browns-to-wear-alternate-uniform-in-2021-for-75th-anniversary/football/

Since they basically wear their classic uniforms now, with small changes, and also have the Kardiac Kids era orange pants too, not sure what these alternate uniforms will look like. 

Orange pants, to me, are NOT  by any means "classic uniforms".  They were 70s disco pants. 

On 1/31/2021 at 4:19 PM, Browns149 said:

I’m glad they didn’t use the elf. It looks childish to me

Love me the Elf... the proud pose as was on old Muni... of which google could not find a photo... :(

image.png.961b482cb59c3cdc1df08e927772b1ac.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A.) Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms - Page 83 - Sports Logo News - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Community - CCSLC - SportsLogos.Net Forums B.)image.jpeg.dc2e90db2c800a081591188d6c4cf302.jpeg C.)Pumpkinhead 🎃 on Twitter: "RETWEET if this is the paint scheme you'd like  to see THIS fall at @FEStadium!! #Browns @Browns @JDubsIII 🔥💯… " 

D.) Pumpkinhead 🎃 on Twitter: "RETWEET if this is the paint scheme you'd like  to see THIS fall at @FEStadium!! #Browns @Browns @JDubsIII 🔥💯… "  E.)Dustin Fox on Twitter: "Fix this @Browns… "  D.)Dustin Fox on Twitter: "Fix this @Browns… " & 2020..

Got a Choice?  Combo Ideas?  I'm a D guy..Elf Midfield          Dutch... Tell us how you really feel about those End Zone Stripes 🤣

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

A.) Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms - Page 83 - Sports Logo News - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Community - CCSLC - SportsLogos.Net Forums B.)image.jpeg.dc2e90db2c800a081591188d6c4cf302.jpeg C.)Pumpkinhead 🎃 on Twitter: "RETWEET if this is the paint scheme you'd like  to see THIS fall at @FEStadium!! #Browns @Browns @JDubsIII 🔥💯… " 

D.) Pumpkinhead 🎃 on Twitter: "RETWEET if this is the paint scheme you'd like  to see THIS fall at @FEStadium!! #Browns @Browns @JDubsIII 🔥💯… "  E.)Dustin Fox on Twitter: "Fix this @Browns… "  D.)Dustin Fox on Twitter: "Fix this @Browns… " & 2020..

Got a Choice?  Combo Ideas?  I'm a D guy..Elf Midfield          Dutch... Tell us how you really feel about those End Zone Stripes 🤣

They should have done diamonds in the endzone, not stupid stripes! I like C, by the way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Bing shows more than google.  Or should I say, google now censors 'politically incorrect images'.

Ahhhhh.... explains why I get no hits when I google "Trump image"... ;)

Thanks, homie, but that's not the Elf I was remembering... wasn't there a standalone, hand-on-hips one there in the 80s?

Despite being somewhat original I never could get into elves or faries........for Cleveland BROWNS football 🏈.

And I'd vote B.   Or maybe a well done #32.

71A7nX1L0AL._AC_SX425_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Orion said:
  • I've got one question;  Did they keep Jimmy & Dee AWAY from the uniform creators?  

We'll probably be able to guess within five seconds of the unveiling.

If the alternate unis look like hot garbage.... they got involved again. 

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2021 at 1:10 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Maybe all white like they worn when Otto was QB.

18 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Maybe all white like they worn when Otto was QB.

Like this one maybe ?

e9f_graham2.jpeg

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Or the true classic......  

5c82c359eeefce4eaf3a48ba1c6ff4b2.jpg. Which led to......

dtax93axaymycztd4hom.jpg

Yep...all white.  That was back when a stiff arm meant something.  Look at Otto.

If a QB came out of a game today looking like that, there would be a national inquiry.

Maybe an exact replica of the 1946 uniform, complete with white helmet and a face mask of course. Before anybody says don't mess with the helmet, its a one off celebration of 75 years of existence and would probably never be used again until 100 years of existence.

18 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Maybe an exact replica of the 1946 uniform, complete with white helmet and a face mask of course. Before anybody says don't mess with the helmet, its a one off celebration of 75 years of existence and would probably never be used again until 100 years of existence.

Only can happen if the NFL scraps their "one shell rule", allowing for teams to use an alternate helmet again. It might happen. 

26 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Only can happen if the NFL scraps their "one shell rule", allowing for teams to use an alternate helmet again. It might happen. 

Wasn't aware of this one shell rule. I imagine if they wanted to do it, the plan would have been put in motion months or even years ago thus giving them plenty of time to pull it off if allowed.

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

NFL May Allow Alternate Helmets In 2021 – CBS Boston (cbslocal.com)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2021 at 12:08 PM, TopDawg31 said:

Looks like we might have a winner... a few 2021 new uniforms have possibly leaked, including the Browns new alternate jersey, which is a reproduction of their original 1946 jersey. 

browns 2021 alternate jersey.jpg

On 2/5/2021 at 6:13 AM, ballpeen said:

Yep...all white.  That was back when a stiff arm meant something.  Look at Otto.

If a QB came out of a game today looking like that, there would be a national inquiry.

Oh yeah the new 21st century "hidden yardage" in NFL football.......touch the quarterback, 15 yards, keep the drive going !  (How many times a weekend now do you see that?)

On 2/5/2021 at 6:13 AM, ballpeen said:

That was back when a stiff arm meant something.  Look at Otto.

The athletes were getting too big and powerful.  Training all year round.   You can't be lining up a defenseless receiver to cream him, not even giving a shit about the ball.  That's not in the spirit of sportsmanship.  And recently with medical imaging blowing the whistle on concussions, rules regarding the head have been put in place.  It's a natural progression.  I'd like to think that if they knew then what we know now, they'd have taken many of the same measures.  I mean, once knowledge hits the papers (or today's social media outputs), you can't hide from it.

The crack back block was never a good idea for a human body.

...to the 75th uni's.  The white helmets would be cool for a game or two.